Good substitution by Ally today.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting Dean Shiels on was a good move. We were starting to lose our attacking bite and Dean helped turn it around. His goal was a peach.

Totally agree, it was just what we needed. It'll be interesting to see how much game time and where Deano is going to get this season.

Aye but he's no got a clue. Just waits until it's too late and gives his pals a game. Doesn't know how to change it up either

:lol: Won't be long until someone mentions our second highest wage roll in the country and that we shouldn't need subs against diddy teams too.

A great way to come back after 4 months out :thumbup: it was a great sub by Ally, Deano will be pushing for a place hopefully keep Law and Crawford on their toes

He could be a big player for us at a crucial time this month due to the transfer ban. Hope he stays injury free and proves me right. He deserves his chance IMO.

It was the right sub but came about 15 minutes later than it should have! The whole 2nd half was flat and we should have made a change to raise the tempo again but he waited till they scored which highlights to me ally's biggest weakness as a manager....the ability to change/alter things and affect change in the game!

Also at 4-1 why not give McKay, aird or Murdoch some game time?

Funny when you read all the comments people said about him in various transfer threads, he comes on after being out and does that. He has ALWAYS contributed. He will play a big part for us if played in the right position. Would have liked to have seen a bit of pace on the right though aswell, maybe Mckay or Aird for Little.

It was the right sub but came about 15 minutes later than it should have! The whole 2nd half was flat and we should have made a change to raise the tempo again but he waited till they scored which highlights to me ally's biggest weakness as a manager....the ability to change/alter things and affect change in the game!

Also at 4-1 why not give McKay, aird or Murdoch some game time?

Their goal was a cracker. I don't know what Ally could have done to prevent that. Play 5 at the back maybe? :drugang: Personally I'd take a 4-1 win at every home match, but no keeping some people happy.

Their goal was a cracker. I don't know what Ally could have done to prevent that. Play 5 at the back maybe? :drugang: Personally I'd take a 4-1 win at every home match, but no keeping some people happy.

You can't really legislate for a goal like that....that's not my point...the point is that the 2nd half was flat and they were slowly coming into it more, a sub should have been made earlier and I think the majority in the stadium were thinking the same thing! We needed a wee lift. Not complaining re the result or overall performance but against a better team changing things at the right times becomes more important!

he had to have his dig at Ally

Lol! It wasn't a dig, it was constructive criticism....the thread title is "good substitution by ally" I'm providing reasons why I don't agree with that....do you have anything constructive to add to the debate?

Lol! It wasn't a dig, it was constructive criticism....the thread title is "good substitution by ally" I'm providing reasons why I don't agree with that....do you have anything constructive to add to the debate?

It was a match winning substitution in my eyes. We aren't all going to agree when he should have made it and not all of us would have put Shiels on. The fact is it worked and the scoreline reflects that. Oh, and Shiels has just come back from injury and lacks match fitness. Maybe Ally took that into consideration when deciding when to play him.

ha constructive criticism oh is that what it was ha silly me

Putting Dean Shiels on was a good move. We were starting to lose our attacking bite and Dean helped turn it around. His goal was a peach.

We were murdering them the 1st half and Robbie Crawford was playing as No 10, coming short and also getting in beside and in behind Daly.

For some strange reason Ally punted him out wide the 2nd half and we lost it a little.

Why change what is not broken ? We could have scored 6 or 7 in the 1st half.

because of his unnecessary change It took us 10 minutes to adjust and they scored

Shields took his goal well but you expect Rangers to score goals against part timers in the later stages of games due to fitness levels.

Imagine a full time professional international footballer scoring a goal against plumbers and joiners ???? whatever next ?

The manager must be a genius