Good substitution by Ally today.

Crawford was poor tbh should have been subbed before he was.

How Little lasted 90 mins is beyond me.

I'll disagree about Crawford being poor. he got himself into some great positions without getting rewarded for his contribution.He hasn't got the guile of Shiels at this stage of his career,but he works hard trying to compensate for that part of his game.

I actually would have taken Little off before Crawford, but it was a good substitution by Ally,just when we needed a boost.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must just be your writing style but here we have a 4-1 win, with the team playing good football and substitutions that made a difference and you critique only focusses on the minor negative you can find. What about some praise for the way we kept the ball on the deck, retained possession and played from the back through midfield. Or even how well the new signings played ( but Daly does need a goal!!) . Our first half was some great football, we did go a but flat in second half, they scored a wonder goal and we added another two , one an absolute peach. I assume you do see the good stuff as well?

Fucking hell, 1 league game in and your already annoying me.... :pipe: ....This thread was specifically about the substitution. I have given my justification why I dont think it was a good substitution. I have yet to see someone disagree that the timing of the substitution wasnt ideal..... In the match day thread, The Ian Black, The Faure, The Daly thread etc etc I have given my view on what you would term "the good stuff".....Stop acting like a petulant little kid and read the threads before jumping to conclusions....

A midfield of Templeton, Macleod, Law, Peralta with Shiels in the hole supporting the striker would be our strongest imo.

The way Black played yesterday he certainly put up a good argument to be considered as part of the strongest Midfield.....I think for Ally it will be Tempelton or Sheils, I dont think both will play often.

Fucking hell, 1 league game in and your already annoying me.... :pipe: ....This thread was specifically about the substitution. I have given my justification why I dont think it was a good substitution. I have yet to see someone disagree that the timing of the substitution wasnt ideal..... In the match day thread, The Ian Black, The Faure, The Daly thread etc etc I have given my view on what you would term "the good stuff".....Stop acting like a petulant little kid and read the threads before jumping to conclusions....

Bad hangover? Perhaps I should just allow you and other negative posters have a free ride with all your negativity and micro analysing of every detail ( and usually negatively) or perhaps I can keep pointing out the positives - keep all you pessimists away from the erskine bridge.

It was a perfect time for a substitution 70min just like Walter taught him - just like many other managers do - oh and it worked and it worked it time allotted.

The way Black played yesterday he certainly put up a good argument to be considered as part of the strongest Midfield.....I think for Ally it will be Tempelton or Sheils, I dont think both will play often.

Again, my point. The strength in depth this season is night and day from last year when you could pick one best team/formation. This is what gives me confidence for the future, we have made a clear progression.

Bad hangover? Perhaps I should just allow you and other negative posters have a free ride with all your negativity and micro analysing of every detail ( and usually negatively) or perhaps I can keep pointing out the positives - keep all you pessimists away from the erskine bridge.

It was a perfect time for a substitution 70min just like Walter taught him - just like many other managers do - oh and it worked and it worked it time allotted.

Ha ha, No hangover at all, quiet one watching the golf last night but thanks for your concern. Negative posters? Now I am the first to criticize those who are unjustly negative about everything or overreact to hysteria or assumptions. This however is very different. The whole point of a football forum is to discuss football. Thats why I joined, at least.

This particular thread was about a substitution which in my opinion should have been made earlier to affect a change in the game before they scored and to raise the tempo again. Now that is my opinion, If you want to get your knickers in a twist with your "look at how big a Rangers fan I am, I never critique anyone" views then thats fine but if you managed to look beyond your own chip resting on that shoulder for once you would see there is no attack on Ally or disparaging comments.....I have gave constructive critisim, i.e I have given my opinion about what I would have done differently. Now you dont have to agree with me so you then reply with justifications why you felt it was a good sub at the right time and then we have a topic to discuss.....Thats how its supposed to work.

However you have a different philosophy which really really grates on me and the vast majority of the regular posters on this board to the point your views are almost becoming irrelevant.....

Ha ha, No hangover at all, quiet one watching the golf last night but thanks for your concern. Negative posters? Now I am the first to criticize those who are unjustly negative about everything or overreact to hysteria or assumptions. This however is very different. The whole point of a football forum is to discuss football. Thats why I joined, at least.

This particular thread was about a substitution which in my opinion should have been made earlier to affect a change in the game before they scored and to raise the tempo again. Now that is my opinion, If you want to get your knickers in a twist with your "look at how big a Rangers fan I am, I never critique anyone" views then thats fine but if you managed to look beyond your own chip resting on that shoulder for once you would see there is no attack on Ally or disparaging comments.....I have gave constructive critisim, i.e I have given my opinion about what I would have done differently. Now you dont have to agree with me so you then reply with justifications why you felt it was a good sub at the right time and then we have a topic to discuss.....Thats how its supposed to work.

However you have a different philosophy which really really grates on me and the vast majority of the regular posters on this board to the point your views are almost becoming irrelevant.....

I am off to hunt for you positive posts - I may be away some time !

( don't get to excited tho - unlike Scott - I shall return!)

I've always liked Dean, since he came to Ibrox, and I think that he plays better with better players around him. I thought that when he & Temps. were playing together last season, we looked a much better team. I look forward to him competing in, an injury free season to come.

OT however, how many NI lads do we have on our books these days?

You would think with some of the praise Ally is getting on here that we were playing a top SPL team with full time players.

Jeez Not to be negative but we should be strolling through this league with the players we have.

Wait until we play an SPL team before giving Ally too much credit for bringing on an international player to change a second division game!!

I've always liked Dean, since he came to Ibrox, and I think that he plays better with better players around him. I thought that when he & Temps. were playing together last season, we looked a much better team. I look forward to him competing in, an injury free season to come.

OT however, how many NI lads do we have on our books these days?

Off the top off my hangover head I can remember, Chris Hegarty, Dean Shiels, Andy Little and Andy Mitchell.