What happened to follow the Team not the regime?

mclovin9091

Not sure whether to put this in the BD or general so if need be please move.

There was enough people on here spouting quite recently rightly or wrongly (in their opinion) that we should be getting behind the team and not the shambles running it. Im all for getting behind the team but what the fuck is the difference in the Scottish national team?

Yea the Spl and the SFA are run by twats (in most peoples opinions) but there are plenty on here that would argue the same about us currently.

Im a Rangers fan therefore i support Rangers, Im also Scottish and follow the national team. Tonight was a blinding performance set pieces the exception, (we as Rangers fans are used to that), Millers goal was phenomenal and the team is due credit. I am bewildered why Wallace was left out for the 'liability' who clearly should not be allowed to play football let alone LB but hopefullt in a couple of years we will flood the national team with great quality players.

Who will you be following then??

So far 50% of the posters would rather spite their nationality just because of a couple of players so does that mean you only support Scotland if there are Rangers players in the team?. Brown i can agree that i don't like because he's a dirty bastard, a bit like Ian Black, no? Forrest had a pretty good game.

That was the first Scotland game I watched in almost two years. Enjoyed the game and wanted to Scotland to win but after the game I left my mates house and it just doesn't bother me either way.

If Rangers get beat I'm in a foul mood for the rest of the day. The combination of the total dullness of international football, the Scottish footballing authorities and the thought of standing on the same terracing with people who wanted our club dead last year means I am totally indifferent to the Scottish national team.

Booing anybodies National anthem is bad, booing our own national anthem is strange. We slag the plastic paddies with their ties to the republic, who do you feel ties to Northern Ireland, England, Scotland. I refuse to let any cunt take my National team from me, certainly not the Nationalist movement.

I support scotland. It soesnt really bother me who "runs them" because the team doesn't belong to them and neither does the Scottish game.

Don't understand how people who claim to be british don't support a nation within it. Scotland is just as much part of the u.k as England and we should be proud of that

Booing anybodies National anthem is bad, booing our own national anthem is strange. We slag the plastic paddies with their ties to the republic, who do you feel ties to Northern Ireland, England, Scotland. I refuse to let any cunt take my National team from me, certainly not the Nationalist movement.

Well said mate (tu), it's a travesty how we Rangers supporters have allowed the national team be highjacked from us to an extent were it seems to be the majority have turned their backs on the team that represents the country of their birth, was it just lazyness or apathy on our clubs supporters that allowed this to happen?, I think so.

Of coarse recent events have exacerbated this situation and unfortunatly there seems to be no way back now, however in answer to an earlier poster who intimated that he has no intention of supporting a team that has sellik players in it, well it wasn't always like that, back in the years when I was happy to go to watch Scotland play, we were able to put aside our differences for 90mins and cheer on any Scottish player, it was a great time to follow the team with the likes of Jardine and McGrain etc [a world class pair of defenders] Miller and McLeish, the goals of Dalgish, it didn't matter who they played for, they were Scottish so they got our support.

Some of my happiest moments watching the fitba was supporting Scottland, the 60's,70's and 80's were especially good times, and the cameraderie among the support was 1st class, the younger supporters of today are missing out, which is a pity as far as I'm concerned.

I for one will never support anyone/ any team that represents the corrupt cabal that attempted on numerous occasions to kill our club, wether they own the players or not.

As for the tartan army, the thought of booing any countries national anthem is bad - to boo God Save The Queen makes my skin crawl, horrible skirt wearing little cretins!

Fuck the SFA!!

No Surrender

That was the first Scotland game I watched in almost two years. Enjoyed the game and wanted to Scotland to win but after the game I left my mates house and it just doesn't bother me either way.

If Rangers get beat I'm in a foul mood for the rest of the day. The combination of the total dullness of international football, the Scottish footballing authorities and the thought of standing on the same terracing with people who wanted our club dead last year means I am totally indifferent to the Scottish national team.

Could it be that your expectations for Rangers are much higher than that for Scotland? Any team ranked 30 places + below the home team would be expected to lose, but typically for Scotland it was a case of close but no cigar. There are far too many examples to mention in the last 10 years.

Not sure whether to put this in the BD or general so if need be please move.

There was enough people on here spouting quite recently rightly or wrongly (in their opinion) that we should be getting behind the team and not the shambles running it. Im all for getting behind the team but what the fuck is the difference in the Scottish national team?

Yea the Spl and the SFA are run by twats (in most peoples opinions) but there are plenty on here that would argue the same about us currently.

Im a Rangers fan therefore i support Rangers, Im also Scottish and follow the national team. Tonight was a blinding performance set pieces the exception, (we as Rangers fans are used to that), Millers goal was phenomenal and the team is due credit. I am bewildered why Wallace was left out for the 'liability' who clearly should not be allowed to play football let alone LB but hopefullt in a couple of years we will flood the national team with great quality players.

Who will you be following then??

Whats it got to do with any cunt if people on here don't give a fuck about Scotland?

Comparing supporting Scotland and Rangers is a joke. Scotland play about 2 or 3 times a year and no cunt wants to play for them most of the time unless, it's a game like tonight's. The tartan army get credit for being arseholes, if it was any other club fans acting the way the tartan army do they would be getting slagged and called an embarrassment in the media for it.

Can't say i've ever supported Scotland it's just not the same as supporting Rangers and never will be.

The cunts that support Scotland i don't like as they are all supporters of no mark clubs who would rather see Rangers gone out of football altogether and, all the cunts that were playing for Scotland tonight i don't like either.

Have we all just be 2 faced bastards because there all playing for Scotland even though i hate them every other day of the week.

What other set of supporters gets away with acting like fannys and flashing there arses in public and pishing in fountains plus booing there own national anthem?

GET IT RIGHT UP THEM!!!

:uk: :uk:

Support the jersey, same with Rangers. Proud of the way we played tonight, against a half decent england team. Miller's goal was a class act. It's sometimes better to ignore all the politics, and just enjoy the football. Will keep you much saner in the long run.

Support the jersey, same with Rangers. Proud of the way we played tonight, against a half decent england team. Miller's goal was a class act. It's sometimes better to ignore all the politics, and just enjoy the football. Will keep you much saner in the long run.

Easy for you to say. Your not living in this little shitehole of a country listening to there pish every single minute of the day.

If you don't live here then you won't understand.

Easy for you to say. Your not living in this little shitehole of a country listening to there pish every single minute of the day.

If you don't live here then you won't understand.

Aye ok. I'll have to face 100 different english people tomorrow ripping the pish. Looking forward to it. Just enjoy the football. All the other shite you can't control.

Aye ok. I'll have to face 100 different english people tomorrow ripping the pish. Looking forward to it. Just enjoy the football. All the other shite you can't control.

Aye ok. I've never supported Scotland in my life but i'll just listen to you because a few English wankers are going take the piss with you tomorrow.

Looks like I'm in the minority as a Rangers supporter who wants my national team, Scotland to do well. Can't disagree with the hatred of Scott Brown or the despising of the Tartan Army for booing the British national anthem, but I have some memories that mean I'll always want us, Scotland to do well:

• Davie Cooper scoring the penalty that took us to the 86 World Cup
  • McCoist and his celebration after scoring the 30-yarder against Switzerland at Euro 96
  • Being at Wembley in '99, and incidentally along with many other Scotland fans, not booing God Save The Queen
  • Being at Hampden around 1988 for a friendly against the Republic of Ireland and seeing the thousands of Scottsh, mainly Glaswegian Celtic fans in their Eire tops making their way to the game and booing Davie Cooper as he warmed up on the touchline to come on as a sub. Are these really the vermin we have surrendered our love for the Scotland team to?
  • I think he was playing for Nantes at the time and I pretty much hated him for blessing himself in an attempt to goad the Gers fans, after being sent off in the 1986(?) League Cup Final, but I remember jumping up and down when Mo Johnston scored against Spain for Scotland in the qualifier

It's possible to be a proud Scot AND proud to be British. To deny yourself this is to go along with a popular notion in England that Englishness and Britishness are the same thing. They are definitely fucking not. My great grandad survived the Somme, then perished at Salonika for the British army, not the English army despite what the Dad's Army theme tune would have you believe!

In sport, for me, it's Rangers first, Scotland second, Britain third. Devastated for weeks and cannae read a paper if we get beat off the Tims. Gutted and taking a bit of stick from English friends after last night, but I'll shake it off by end of today. Could not give a fuck how many medals GB win at the olympics. Only interested in British sport when it's a Scot doing well.

The SPFL is rotten to the core. Undoubtedly there are member clubs who stuck the knife into Rangers and continue to do so. There are fannies amongst every support, but I'm sure not all of the guys with the kilts on were pishing in the fountain.

Aye, Scott Brown's a cock, but it was Scotland he was playing for last night. Just like certain Rangers players in the past I've thought were wanks for things they've said or done, but they got my support as soon as the jersey was pulled over their head and they ran on the park wearing it.

AYE ready!!!! WATP.

Thought it was a good game, England always looked the classier team. I used to follow Rangers & Scotland during the 70's & 80's & enjoyed it, even tho' there weren't that many Bears following Scotland, was about a dozen or so guys from the bus that went to the Scotland games, out of 50 regulars going to Rangers games, good times.....