What's Mather done to be a target

Smile

What weakness? Green is gone like so many wanted no?

Remember, this is what i think "their opinion" is: that he allowed Green back into the club and when in a position to simply remove him from the consultancy work immediately, he instead went through a Board meeting etc and played it out. As a CEO,he could have said, "you had nor right doing that interview and your consultancy is terminated with immediate effect" (tu)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He has done nothing wrong, he is just in the way. the new lot if they take over are putting everyone who isn't with them to the sword, that's the mistake CG made right at the beginning due to circumstances, the new lot aren't constrained by last years problems of needing Real Rangers men at the club to win over the fans.

Mather has done nothing wrong but still can't seem to get out my he is in this with green ! Remember last year at this time we all thought green was out saviour !! The quicker we get rid of all of the men green has brought in the better IMo

We don't know how good a job he is doing until the accounts are published. The CEO is always accountable for a poorly performing company.

I like him, however him continuing in his role depends on his performance not on my gut feeling about him and not on how much he has invested.

It's nothing to do with money, this so called new lot were going to ticketus to fund the take over last year, which would have left Rangers in an even worse state. It's all about CONTROL.

It's nothing to do with money, this so called new lot were going to ticketus to fund the take over last year, which would have left Rangers in an even worse state. It's all about CONTROL.

Ok thanks for clearing that up I feel so much better about our position now. It everything to do with how he is performing as a CEO.

Why's Mather such a target for McColl ?

Is it overspending ? or does he think he's Greens man on the board.

I cant see what Mather done wrong in all this, he invested a million quid of his own money can any of them say that.

I think it would boil down to him being a football agent, somewhat under qualified to be be a CEO of an institution the size of Rangers.

Think its a disgrace, the way Mather is being treated.....again common theme, unlike all these big mouths he has put his hard earned Dough into the club to the tune of 1 million plus...... Why these nutters are getting time of day I don't know...... Mather is inviting on the right guys..... Blin is a recruit and a half if we can get him, and if Mather can persuade him on, who needs Paul Murray.... he was part of regime that got us in this mess in first place.

Maybe it’s something to do with his past association with Charles Green.

When he was appointed Director of Sports Development did he not state.

“I met Charles Green a while ago and we have a few common contacts.

“He put the idea to me and I’ve always been a lover of football.

Can I ask why everyone seems to be getting at McColl, remember there are many more signatories on the requisition than just McColl's.

McColl might be leading this but the REAL power comes from the majority of the institutional investors who appear to be backing this EGM, they wouldn't have signed calling for Mather, Smart & Stockbridge being removed from the board if they too didn't have didn't real concerns about the way the club is being run.

There investors are the very same guys who we will likely be hitting up again for a 2nd IPO in the near future, why would they invest if they feel we have an incompetent board.

Also, it should be noted that they made no mention of Mather being removed as CEO, only removed from the board, which IMO is a good thing as there is a conflict of interest in a man who has a financial stake in the business making decisions about the running of the footballing side of the club.

Lastly, the way the EGM/AGM is being structured, there is a very real possibility that the ENTIRE current board could be removed.

IF Mather, Smart & Stockbridge are removed at EGM, that means the new board would be Blin, Murray, Hart & Easdale, then the AGM would commence, where existing members can also be voted off i.e. Hart & Easdale and replaced by .... well, who knows.

This could be a very bloodless coup.

McColl can leave as well as far as I'm concerned had too many crooks running the club recently

I know hindsight is a great thing and I supported the banners against Bill Miller at the time but I really wish we could turn back time I'm sure we wouldnt be in as much of a mess if he did take over

Can I ask why everyone seems to be getting at McColl, remember there are many more signatories on the requisition than just McColl's.

McColl might be leading this but the REAL power comes from the majority of the institutional investors who appear to be backing this EGM, they wouldn't have signed calling for Mather, Smart & Stockbridge being removed from the board if they too didn't have didn't real concerns about the way the club is being run.

There investors are the very same guys who we will likely be hitting up again for a 2nd IPO in the near future, why would they invest if they feel we have an incompetent board.

Also, it should be noted that they made no mention of Mather being removed as CEO, only removed from the board, which IMO is a good thing as there is a conflict of interest in a man who has a financial stake in the business making decisions about the running of the footballing side of the club.

Lastly, the way the EGM/AGM is being structured, there is a very real possibility that the ENTIRE current board could be removed.

IF Mather, Smart & Stockbridge are removed at EGM, that means the new board would be Blin, Murray, Hart & Easdale, then the AGM would commence, where existing members can also be voted off i.e. Hart & Easdale and replaced by .... well, who knows.

This could be a very bloodless coup.

Coups? How do we know we are not getting a donkey?

Oh its one of these religious things a test of blind faith.