who deserves to keep their place ?

skinnymate1690

now that the embargo is over we 8 players ( might have missed 1) Bell, Mohsni, Daly, Law, Foster, Smith, Clarke and peralta can all play :D

i expect 7 of them to be in the starting line up in our next game . everyone apart from smith but to be fair to the players that have started the season , forfar and berwick aside we have played pretty well .

i think Faure should continue to start at CB but i don't see it , i think jig will go back there and i also think Mcausland has done well and doesn't deserve to be dropped . cribari has also looked a lot more solid

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Black definitely, he has been brilliant so far.

Would like to see Faure line up beside Moshni, always have rated Faure as a decent player.

I didn't rate Faure at all but along with Black they have improved immensely. So much so I see no need for another center half unless we are replacing somebody. He deserves to keep his place. As does Black.

Everybody deserves too. League results this season say so: Rangers 4-1 Brechin, Stranraer 0-3 Rangers, Airdrie 0-6 Rangers, Rangers 5-0 East Fife.

As a supporter you couldn't even begin to pick a team because somebody else would have something different. However, for me it would be: Bell; Foster, Mohsni, Faure, Wallace; Black, Law, Peralta; MacLeod; Daly, Clark.

Then again there are so many variations of that formation. For once in recent history we are spoiled with options.

Everybody deserves too. League results this season say so: Rangers 4-1 Brechin, Stranraer 0-3 Rangers, Airdrie 0-6 Rangers, Rangers 5-0 East Fife.

As a supporter you couldn't even begin to pick a team because somebody else would have something different. However, for me it would be: Bell; Foster, Mohsni, Faure, Wallace; Black, Law, Peralta; MacLeod; Daly, Clark.

Then again there are so many variations of that formation. For once in recent history we are spoiled with options.

Templeton?

Templeton?

Exactly. This is what I mean. Options, options, options. McCoist said during pre-season they've went with the shape of 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-1-2 and it has worked well and will be the shape they are looking at for the season which is the reason I went with that.

There could be the argument that Peralta shouldn't/won't walk into the team and that Temps could go in behind the strikers in place of MacLeod who in turn takes Peralta's place. Templeton impressed me yesterday more than he has done all season so far and would merit an inclusion on that basis. It's a tough one and one I wouldn't like to be caught in - but I'm sure Ally is fucking delighted!

My team would be

Bell

McAusland

Moshni

Cribari

Wallace

Templeton (but not for much longer if he doesn't start improving. I might give McKay a sustained go at it)

Black

MacLead

Law

Daly

Clark

In a certain way they all deserve to keep their place but Foster, Mohsni, Law, Clark and Daly are better than what he have. Cant comment on Peralta as I haven't seen him play so Im leaving him out. I would go with Gallacher, Foster, Faure, Mohsni, Wallace, Black, Law, Macleod, Templeton,Daly, Clark. Subs: Bell, Cribari, McCulloch, McKay , Aird

I think he is promising but you are correct imo, he's not been outstanding.

When he is played in the centre of the park he is better. Out wide just isn't his position. Wee Aird is a better wide player. If they are coached properly and given game time they all have the potential. I thought against Airdrie and yesterday when cruising at 6 and 5 nil that Gasparatto should have been introduced but it didn't happen.

Ally needs to give the guys who have been cooling their heels a run out for a few games. After that he will need to rotate players to keep the squad happy. Later on as injuries mount he will have an easier time.

Exactly. The idea of having a 1st XI and sticking with it week in week out is very 1970's.

When he is played in the centre of the park he is better. Out wide just isn't his position. Wee Aird is a better wide player. If they are coached properly and given game time they all have the potential. I thought against Airdrie and yesterday when cruising at 6 and 5 nil that Gasparatto should have been introduced but it didn't happen.

Aird can't beat a man to save himself. He's went backwards in his development IMO ...

A loan move would be best for him then see where we are next season with him ... again just my opinion

Stick David Templeton in the team.

Sort the rest out round him.

"That's what you're paid for Alistair"

Just do it

..and make sure Nicky Law is in midfield.

put your arms around all the magnicent younger players we should be so proud of (not Darren Cole).

WATP

I like Fraser Aird. He would benefit from a loan though because it would allow him to play regularly.

I'm no David Templeton fan though. How ironic if, at some point we make him available and he moves to the SPL. Fail in the 3rd division (old money) and get a move to the top flight. :)