Tom Hateley

The Rangers FC

I cannot believe people are saying no to a good quality right back, who is only 23 years old and FREE. He would not command a large wage. If we can spunk money on 100% bonus to non-playing staff for wiining the bottom teir league, we can afford to invest in players who will be with us when we reach the final stage and Premiership football.

I think Tom Hateley would be a good signing and would improve as we go through the leagues.I would imagine wages would not be too high either.We have some players we could lose from midfield and defence who Hateley is better than and with his versatility he would be good for the squad in my opinion.The problem is we have probably signed too many players and have a too bloated squad to make this transfer feasible.

Can't believe he is still a free agent, I don't know he's shooting to high to get a "big" club or if it is a development fee due to Motherwell that is holding things up.

Heard that Ally looked at him but wanted him as a RB but the lad prefers to be a centre-mid. He hasn't the pace to be a right back anyways so I agree with him, if we had offloaded Argyriou, Hutton and Mitchell during the window I'd have taken him but we're stuck with a few duds now that won't get back into the team unless Ally is forced to. Think we'll see a lot of players moving on in January, if not released before then.

He is a free agent after leaving Motherwell. His only positives that stick out to me is he was not bad at free kicks and obviously he is the son of Mark Hateley. Would be interesting to see if McCoist shows any interest or perhaps gives him a trial. He's not a player we need as our midfield is bustling but I wouldn't be too bothered if McCoist did sign him.

Thoughts? I might not reply to this thread for a wee while because I'm about to leave the house. Just curious to hear the general thoughts of the forum.

Really? How many free-kicks has he scored throughout his career?