No gear & no mention of Rangers on the PUMA site

Zappa

Off topic but i was very disapointed to find Sports Direct in Manchester dont stock our tops in either of their two stores in the city center :( i know we are not as big a draw down here but i thought our official sports retail partner would at least make the effort of having a few of our shirts in stock.

Manchester armed response team bought them all and place them on the mannequins at the firing range :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who got their panties in a twist over this... we're now on the site.

http://www.puma.com/...eams#club-teams

Hubba bubba! That's magic!

It's only taken 8 months to get it on there since the deal was officially announced in February.

I hope that's not a sign of how long it'll take to get money out of the deal or we'll still be waiting on it in 3 years time.

Off topic but i was very disapointed to find Sports Direct in Manchester dont stock our tops in either of their two stores in the city center :( i know we are not as big a draw down here but i thought our official sports retail partner would at least make the effort of having a few of our shirts in stock.

You'd think they would since we are a popular team down there...

You'd think they would since we are a popular team down there...

Theres a sizeable number of Scots down here and do you think if Barca fans had a bit of a do with the police in Manchester they would stop selling Barca tops in the city? I know we are not Barca but its bullshit that Sports Direct dont even have one fucking top in the whole city the girl told me to go online to get one but i cant do online shopping as i have no credit card/pay pal ect.

Theres a sizeable number of Scots down here and do you think if Barca fans had a bit of a do with the police in Manchester they would stop selling Barca tops in the city? I know we are not Barca but its bullshit that Sports Direct dont even have one fucking top in the whole city the girl told me to go online to get one but i cant do online shopping as i have no credit card/pay pal ect.

Was only jesting mate, i know it's shite, i posted about the same thing in Liverpool.

None of our stuff but plenty of theirs, i don't get it.

Same gear as the Chile team called Catholic University?!?!?!? Boycott (joke for anyone who thinks i am serious)

I'm pretty sure we signed Seb Rozental off them. Was it not something like £3-4M which was decent money at that time. Then the cunt got injured. We had a horrible time with injuries round about then.

here is a screen shot of the teams in Europe who Puma make the kits for, about 120, only about 20 are on their site.

this does not include the numerous national teams, African, Oceania & South American clubs.

i'll check all their forums later to see if their fans are getting their knickers in a twist when i have the time :P

maybe the club has an agreement for it not to be sold there?

i have been to PUMA headquarters and they had a great representation of the new Rangers kits (tu)

Screenshot2013-09-08at105401_zps901ba3ba.png

By comparison with the majority of the clubs on this list Rangers are a massive brand, even if we are in the third tier of Scottish football. With all of the good press coverage we got last year outside of Scotland the kit should be getting given a push. When you consider that we are in much need of finance you would have thought that the club officials would have been doing more to get the strips in to public view. Sadly the saying "out of sight out of mind" seems to be they way of things regarding two of our main sponsors.

here is a screen shot of the teams in Europe who Puma make the kits for, about 120, only about 20 are on their site.

this does not include the numerous national teams, African, Oceania & South American clubs.

i'll check all their forums later to see if their fans are getting their knickers in a twist when i have the time :P

maybe the club has an agreement for it not to be sold there?

i have been to PUMA headquarters and they had a great representation of the new Rangers kits (tu)

Screenshot2013-09-08at105401_zps901ba3ba.png

None of the Faroese teams on that list are with PUMA. HB Torshavn - Nike. KI Klaksvik - Adidas and VB Vagur (07 Vestur) are with Nike. :pipe:

It is essential that puma sell our tops in their stores it gives us a much larger market to operate in worldwide. That's why its also important the strip is the best quality possible so it attracts non rangers fans to buy it throughout the world,something which we have been severely lacking in.

Plus the more tops we sell the more money puma have to give us. not sure it would make any difference to Rangers financially if you buy the top direct or from puma, it depends on the deal we made with them.

why is it essential for Puma to display our tops worldwide, why would they? why take up expensive retail space in say Miami with Rangers tops that they have to pay us a commission for selling? better they can put out a top they produce cheaply and make a larger profit for themselves. Outwith Northern Ireland its only ever going to be expat scots that will buy our tops. Due to ageing demographics even that is a rapidly shrinking market.

Huge fan base, we cant even get 100k signatures on a form to get he HMRC investigated!