Sheff Utds new Saudi owner

showtime69

claims he was offered the chance to buy us

i put it in the Davie Weir thread in general sports but thought id put it in here to see if anybody knew anything about it or had heard it before?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2415071/Saudi-Arabian-prince-Abdullah-bin-Mosaad-explains-bought-Sheffield-United.html

near the end of the article, says he was offered West Ham before Gold and Sullivan took over and Leeds also

might be bullshit as its not much of a link, just a throw away line but has anybody heard this before

This the same Arab who's threatening Davie Weir with the sack because he only has 4 points from 4 games.

Not a surprise...fully expected this to be the case. Being a rookie manager in the circumstance of a mega rich owner coming in is always going to end up one way, which is of course a shame for Davie but I expect him to be sacked soon.

I read the article as well.

Said he wanted leeds bit wasn't worth the hassle. Also mentioned he was offered us bit that was only a one line and no further info.

He ain't no billionaire but still has some cash.

Until there is a European league, we can forget about Arabs and Russian oil billionaires. Would it be what we want anyway?? Look at Hull City, now called the Tigers due to the owner. Cardiff playing in red to attract Malaysian fans. I don't see this sceanario ever working out for us.

I read the article as well.

Said he wanted leeds bit wasn't worth the hassle. Also mentioned he was offered us bit that was only a one line and no further info.

He ain't no billionaire but still has some cash.

aye the bit in the article when it says his fortune "only" runs into 9 figures or hundreds of millions made me laugh haha

I remember at one point there was a rumour about interest from a Saudi Prince, but can't remember exactly when it was. Think it was maybe while we were in admin', but it doesn't really matter. TBH, I think a lot folk thought it was pretty unbelievable at the time and were sort of going "aye, nae bother" etc. Would be interesting to know if he was genuinely interested in buying us or if it was just a case of Whyte or someone offering him the club for a few million.

Still think we, and all of Scottish football, need to down the German route. Give the fans control.

Germany has about 16 x our population which means a lot more people are interested in football. Scale that down to Scotland and its just not the same input in terms of finance, marketing, quality of product ect.

I remember at one point there was a rumour about interest from a Saudi Prince, but can't remember exactly when it was. Think it was maybe while we were in admin', but it doesn't really matter. TBH, I think a lot folk thought it was pretty unbelievable at the time and were sort of going "aye, nae bother" etc. Would be interesting to know if he was genuinely interested in buying us or if it was just a case of Whyte or someone offering him the club for a few million.

It was that Italian lawyer that mentioned he was in touch with some Saudi Prince that might be interested in buying us.Turns out he wasnt a lawyer at all,hes now in the clink.De Stefano i think his name is?

It was that Italian lawyer that mentioned he was in touch with some Saudi Prince that might be interested in buying us.Turns out he wasnt a lawyer at all,hes now in the clink.De Stefano i think his name is?

The guy who represented Saddam Hussein amongst others how the fuck did he land jobs like that if he wasn't a real lawyer you would think somebody would have checked he probably got well paid for it too. The mind boggles

Aye, De Stefano was his name. What a character.