Nicky Law in the first half yesterday

GOAT

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not BP9 as he deserves it.

I'm on about the whole incident when you slated others for giving their opinion on articles that you believed were lies, even-though they turned out to be true. Secondly the whole thing with Ian Black when you were adamant the decision had to come under one scope. Claimed people were listening to the media too much. What happened? The outcome was produced as others suggested.

I think the difference there is with football there are many ambiguous and valid views....we all see the game differently....the media are a law onto themselves and twist and lie on a regular basis....I would rather remain sceptical and dismissive of what is printed in these rags and be proved wrong rather than form an opinion or judge someone/something based on 'information' given by media outlets who time and again have been proven liars and have destroyed lives with those lies....

Of course he had to drop deep for the ball, we had a 2 man CM, they both had to drop deep unless we played long ball.

Your right and that's why it was the system rather than law having a bad game at fault for him not being as influential as he can be....law is far better suited to a more attacking role with a sitter behind him and that why I think the 4-1-3-2 suits us best unless Lewis drops out and we play with perralta or black beside law in a 2 man midfield.

Am so glad we have real fans like yourself, and others, to whinge and greet for the rest of us after a big win.

Sincerely, thanks to all of you for your unswerving, never ending criticism of the team, players and manager. It makes us stronger. Take a bow.

As ever, good contribution to the thread.

Am so glad we have real fans like yourself, and others, to whinge and greet for the rest of us after a big win.

Sincerely, thanks to all of you for your unswerving, never ending criticism of the team, players and manager. It makes us stronger. Take a bow.

The level of players we have such scorelines are the minimum acceptable. However, the first 60 mins were abysmal as per with too many players played out of position. This will be glossed over for the next while as our players are vastly superior, but what about when we get back to the big league? We will be embarrassed so is it not better our manager learns from his failings early?

The level of players we have such scorelines are the minimum acceptable. However, the first 60 mins were abysmal as per with too many players played out of position. This will be glossed over for the next while as our players are vastly superior, but what about when we get back to the big league? We will be embarrassed so is it not better our manager learns from his failings early?

Bullshit, so 3-1would have been unacceptable, some folk just talk absolute pish. Lol yeah because we were such an embarrassment when McCoist was in charge in the spl last time round before admin etc... Absolute nonsense.

Bullshit, so 3-1would have been unacceptable, some folk just talk absolute pish. Lol yeah because we were such an embarrassment when McCoist was in charge in the spl last time round before admin etc... Absolute nonsense.

Some folk do.....

I do love the anti-Ally brigade (sorry, no-one is anti-Ally and everyone just wants him to succeed) so far today, we've had people only watching the bad half of a game, people telling us that 5-1 is the minimum, people complaining about Jig being 'shoe-horned' into the team. Guys, what we are doing in the league at the moment is surely what we all wanted! Last season's complaints were justified, but get a grip.

Something that has been overlooked; Arbroath were tidy. They were well organised, closed everything down and their passing was easy on the eye. They are possibly the best team I have seen during the Journey part 1 & 2 so far. They Certainly didn't deserve that score line.

A couple of the new additions didn't fit in too well yesterday (Peralta & Clark ), hopefully they will bed in over time.

While McCoist seems to be taking stick for the initial team shape, his first substitution did turn the game. So fair play to him.

Clearly we're all happy with the score line, however in my opinion it's important to keep our feet firmly lodged on the ground.

I'd agree for almost 60 minutes it will difficult to determine which side was the professional team. That's unacceptable for a squad that costs so much (in relative terms to our part-time opponents - no disrespect to them). Other factors such as full time vs part-time training, facilities etc should also be taken into account - but I'm not opening that can of worms.

5 -1 was a flattering score line. That said, I'm still optimistic and pleased with (most of) this season's style of play.

Personally I think the big test will come on Tuesday - I'd doubt that we could have an off day but still bang 5 past QoTS.

Clearly we're all happy with the score line, however in my opinion it's important to keep our feet firms lodged on the ground.

I'd agree for almost 60 minutes it will difficult to determine which side was the professional team. That's unacceptable for a squad that costs so much (in relative terms to our part-time opponents - no disrespect to them). Other factors such as full time vs part-time training, facilities etc should also be taken into account - but I'm not opening that can of worms.

5 -1 was a flattering score line. That said, I'm still optimistic and pleased with (most of) this season's style of play.

Personally I think the big test will come on Tuesday.

Well said!

Unfortunately I didn't see the second half, however I just want to comment on Law's positioning. He's supposed to be an attacking midfielder yet we seemed to have him coming deep and picking the ball up and then because there was no-one in front of him pass the ball from side to side (Barry Ferguson eat yer heart oot). I don't know if it changed in the second half, but that should be MacLeods job getting the ball from deep and then moving it forward. Law should be sitting behind the strikers dragging players out of position, or getting the ball in the forward positions and creating chances. Really pissed me off yesterday and I hope McCoist noticed it.

Also, once again every man in the box defending a corner at Ibrox against part-timers. Fucking embarrassing.

Have you EVER started a positive thread?

You are strange

Just me that thought law looked good then

Nope. I thought he had a good game as well. He was not as effective until they scored and Ally changed the system, but, he was the only one who offered us anything that was good in the first half apart from the debut boy.

Manager got it wrong. In the last 15 minutes or so when he moved Peralta into the middle things were much better. I could have told him that after the first 15 minutes.

For me Law and Peralta moving position was not what changed things. Peraltas move happened after things had changed for the better. Moving Little up front and bringing on Templeton was the most important change.

Peralta is a DM/CM not a Winger played well when moved inside.

Don't think Ally knows his best team. You never quite know what Ally is thinking with some of his selections.

Given that it was the first game when all the new signings were available it is unsurprising he is not yet sure of his best team , and I suspect with so many good players vieing for position even with a strong team out there will be debate - Litle or Clark? Black or Perlata ? Moshni, jig, Cribari, Faure ? Templeton, Sheils ?

5-1 is the minimum acceptable scoreline? Good grief, some people are unbelievable.

Missed Ian Black? Macleod just hasnt really performed this season but like last season, it looks like he will be given that chance to play even when he is not playing well and that can only do him better in the long run.

???????

He's been fantastic this season bar yesterday.

Have you EVER started a positive thread?

You are strange

The great thing about an internet forum is that you get to post things for other members to discuss. So therefore the big boys are having a discussion here about football. Away and start an action man thread in the off topic.