Looks Like The Smoke Bomb Days Are Over

minstral

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not hot enough to set a flag on fire.

And not hot enough to burn someone, unless you stuck it in their face.

They ignite at 191 (degrees), and then drop continuously until they go out.

I like pyro and always will defend it.

However that is total bullshit. They're roasting. Like any other pyrotechnic. Maybe you're confusing them with smoke bombs?

A flare is certainly hot enough to cause a bad burn, or light a flag on fire.

Bare in mind, it rarely happens on the continent and has (to my knowledge) has never happened here. The club has never been fined for it either. It's up to the individual to take the risk, but if you're going to do it do it on a decent scale and not 1 shitey smoke like yesterday.

Some comments in this thread are pathetic. Anyone who says you can breathe perfectly when surrounded by that smoke is full of pish. I have a very minor case of asthma and I find it hard to breathe.

Those supporting the flares clearly have not one good argument for keeping them. And even if they did, what reason would you have to want to hurt Rangers cause thats what will happen.

2 boys holding a smoke bomb looks shite anyway. Id understand if itwere like real ultras displays but as much as some would like it to be like real ultras display, it isnt and looks cringey

It's the immature attitude of some of them.

It's illegal: don't give a fuck, I enjoy it.

It stops people seeing parts of the game: don't give a fuck, I like it.

Other Rangers fans are annoyed by it: don't give a fuck, I like it.

People with Asthma struggle a bit because of it: don't give a fuck, I like it.

The singing section at Ibrox is too small. It would be intimidating if bigger (they do a great job atmosphere wise at it is). It won't get bigger if you keep using flares or smoke bombs, the police and club just won't allow it. How about engaging the grey matter and doing what's best for the fans and club as a whole, rather than what you get some childish enjoyment out of? Using these things is stubborn, selfish and foolish.

It's the immature attitude of some of them.

It's illegal: don't give a fuck, I enjoy it.

It stops people seeing parts of the game: don't give a fuck, I like it.

Other Rangers fans are annoyed by it: don't give a fuck, I like it.

People with Asthma struggle a bit because of it: don't give a fuck, I like it.

The singing section at Ibrox is too small. It would be intimidating if bigger (they do a great job atmosphere wise at it is). It won't get bigger if you keep using flares or smoke bombs, the police and club just won't allow it. How about engaging the grey matter and doing what's best for the fans and club as a whole, rather than what you get some childish enjoyment out of? Using these things is stubborn, selfish and foolish.

(tu)

Id love if there was a bigger singing section, but the fact is the singing section is run by people who seem to care more about their group, and their group being seen as real ultras, than they do about the club and whether the club gets in trouble or not.

On here im probably seen as one of the Anti-UB brigade which isnt true, I like the idea of a singing section and displays and bringing an atmosphere but all the other political nonsense, trying to be an Ultra in a country where it will never be allowed, attempting to stand up to the police over flares etc is what ruins it for me.

I thought the main aim of the group was supporting Rangers etc, if there were a singing section with displays, songs and atmosphere id be one of the first to queue up to join, but not if its got all this other baggage that makes fans polis targets. Just give up on the flares, they dont even look that good anyway since the section isnt that big, and will never get bigger if flares etc continue.

Last nights efforts were even poorer than the Airdrie ones. Said it before if it isn't done right its not worth doing. You need 20 to 30 of them and people have to hold them until they go out. None of this throwing them onto the track, pitch or at your feet. What say all you pyrophiles?

Right or wrong, legal or illegal, flares and smoke bombs are gay as fuck.

Only in Scotand and the UK.

33i.gif

Legia Warsaw after being fined 30k by UEFA and ordered to close a stand for their next CL game for previous displays.

utxd.jpg

Eskisehirspor after UEFA & Turkish FA telling all clubs to stop pyro displays.

CG was on record saying if we wanted pyro, we would get some officially. Maybe he meant giving BF1 sparklers.

Only in Scotand and the UK.

33i.gif

Legia Warsaw afer being fined 30k by UEFA and ordered to close a stand for their next CL game for previous displays.

utxd.jpg

Eskisehirspor after UEFA & Turkish FA telling all clubs to stop pyro displays.

CG was on record saying if we wanted pyro, we would get some officially. Maybe he meant giving BF1 sparklers.

Actually they are also forbidden in all FIFA sanctioned competitions.

So whilst Legia Warsaw and Eskisehirspor may have done something that looks good visually all we get is some guy looking as though he's smoking 20 fags at once

Forres%20fans-1352876.jpg

Actually they are also forbidden in all FIFA sanctioned competitions.

So whilst Legia Warsaw and Eskisehirspor may have done something that looks good visually all we get is some guy looking as though he's smoking 20 fags at once

Forres%20fans-1352876.jpg

Haha! :belm2:

A like them at games and enjoy seeing them. Wouldn't risk getting arrested or banned from grounds cause of them though.

I don't see a problem with them they cause no real harm and add to the atmosphere

How do smoke bombs add to the atmosphere? do they sing The Billy Boys?

A like them at games and enjoy seeing them. Wouldn't risk getting arrested or banned from grounds cause of them though.

I don't see a problem with them they cause no real harm and add to the atmosphere

I dont see the harm in smoking weed in the house with my mates BUT its illegal so If I;m going to do something illegal I'll tend to do it somewhere I wont get nicked for it.

You know what white smoke means dont you....

Not another one. Another 'three in one year' year? Poor Frankie boy, he went before his time.

Interesting idea that, the UB choosing the Pope.

Last nights efforts were even poorer than the Airdrie ones. Said it before if it isn't done right its not worth doing. You need 20 to 30 of them and people have to hold them until they go out. None of this throwing them onto the track, pitch or at your feet. What say all you pyrophiles?

(tu)

Agreed with all except holding them above your head. For that, people would need to wear balaclavas and I could see some RM'ers coming on here after it complaining it frightened them. :lol:

Throwing them on the pitch is utterly pointless though. Setting them off randomely during a game is utterly pointless. Any less than double digits set off together is utterly pointless.