Rangers Goals and Assists 2013/14

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way we've started this season, i feel like we could have some amount of players scoring 10/20+ goals this season. I thought I'd make this thread to basically keep track of who's scoring and who's providing the assists. Perhaps it could be pinned at the top of the page and be kept up-to-date? Only thing I'm not sure of is whether it is possible to come back to the OP months later and still be able to edit it?

Anyway, I've made this list for our season so far. There might be a couple of contentious decisions (ie. Hegarty's goal in the first game of the season - I've given Little the assist, difficult to say though whether the ball comes off him from Law's shot) but it doesn't have to be utterly conclusive. Anyway, here's the scorers and 'assisters' so far. Some perhaps surprising and not so surprising

-----

Scorers

12 - Daly

8 - McCulloch

6 - Little

5 - Law; Mohsni

4 - MacLeod

2 - Black; Clark; Templeton

1 - Aird; Crawford; Hegarty; McKay; Shiels; Wallace; Own goal

-----

Assists

7 - Wallace

6 - Little

5 - Crawford

4 - Black

3 - Daly; Law; Macleod; Peralta; Templeton

2 - Clark; McCulloch; Mohsni

1 - Foster; McAusland; Smith

-----

Type of goals

Inside 6 yard box

• Header from corner - 1
  • Header from free-kick - 0
  • Finish (not with head) from free-kick - 1
  • Header from open play - 5
  • Volley - 1
  • Overhead kick - 1
  • Shot from open play - 3
  • Deflection - 1 (In honour, once again, of Andy Little and the ball being booted off of him in the 8-0 over Stenny)

Inside 18 yard box (outwith 6 yard box)

• Header from corner - 2
  • Header from free-kick - 2
  • Header from open play - 9
  • Volley - 1
  • Overhead Kick - 1
  • Shot from open play - 20
  • Deflection (in honour of Andy Little's goal where the ball just hit him from Black's shot at Stranraer) - 1
  • Penalty - 0
  • Own goal - 1

Outside 18 yard box -

• Open play - 3
  • Volley - 1
  • Direct set-piece - 0

Updated for last nights win. Good stuff Rangers

The way we've started this season, i feel like we could have some amount of players scoring 10/20+ goals this season. I thought I'd make this thread to basically keep track of who's scoring and who's providing the assists. Perhaps it could be pinned at the top of the page and be kept up-to-date? Only thing I'm not sure of is whether it is possible to come back to the OP months later and still be able to edit it?

Anyway, I've made this list for our season so far. There might be a couple of contentious decisions (ie. Hegarty's goal in the first game of the season - I've given Little the assist, difficult to say though whether the ball comes off him from Law's shot) but it doesn't have to be utterly conclusive. Anyway, here's the scorers and 'assisters' so far. Some perhaps surprising and not so surprising

-----

Scorers

14 - Daly

8 - McCulloch

6 - Little

5 - Law; Mohsni

4 - MacLeod

3 - Templeton

2 - Black; Clark

-----

Assists

7 - Wallace

6 - Little

5 - Crawford

4 - Black; Law; Macleod

3 - Daly; Peralta; Templeton

2 - Clark; Foster; McCulloch; Mohsni

1 - McAusland; Smith

-----

Type of goals

Inside 6 yard box

• Header from corner - 1
  • Header from open play - 6
  • Volley - 1
  • Overhead kick - 1
  • Shot from open play - 3
  • Deflection - 1 (In honour, once again, of Andy Little and the ball being booted off of him in the 8-0 over Stenny)

• Header from corner - 2
  • Header from open play - 9
  • Volley - 1
  • Overhead Kick - 1
  • Shot from open play - 22
  • Deflection (in honour of Andy Little's goal where the ball just hit him from Black's shot at Stranraer) - 1
  • Penalty - 0
  • Own goal - 1

Outside 18 yard box -

• Open play - 3
  • Volley - 1
  • Direct set-piece - 0

Updated for our 3-0 win over Airdrie. Stong second half and some nice goals. Great delivery from Foster for the second

Goal machine Daly running away with things. Almost certain to have at least 20 by Christmas, after a slow start aswell

Will Daly get 40+?

Certainly on a burst - that's him scored 11 goals in just over a month, or 11 gooals in 6 games, if you'd prefer, since the 8-0 win over Stenny.

Get the feeling he'll hit around 30 but you never know. Could see him being on 25 or so by the New Year. Depends if he stays fit and whether Ally will use the back half of the season to blood younger playes once the league is won

-----

Scorers

15 - Daly

9 - McCulloch

6 - Little; Mohsni

5 - Law

4 - MacLeod

3 - Templeton

2 - Black; Clark

-----

Assists

7 - Wallace

6 - Little

5 - Crawford

4 - Black; Law; Macleod

3 - Daly; Peralta; Templeton

1 - Faure; McAusland; Smith

-----

Type of goals

Inside 6 yard box

• Header from corner - 1
  • Volley - 1
  • Overhead kick - 1
  • Shot from open play - 4

• Header from corner - 2
  • Header from open play - 10
  • Volley - 1
  • Overhead Kick - 1
  • Penalty - 1
  • Own goal - 1

Outside 18 yard box -

• Open play - 3
  • Volley - 1
  • Direct set-piece - 0

Update...for last nights game. Am I right in saying it was Seb Faure who plonked it on Jon 'goals' Daly's head for the second?

Also not giving anyone an assist for Mohsni's goal, was more about Dunfermline handing him the ball. Tidy finish though. Mohsni bloody loves a goal

Update...for last nights game. Am I right in saying it was Seb Faure who plonked it on Jon 'goals' Daly's head for the second?

Also not giving anyone an assist for Mohsni's goal, was more about Dunfermline handing him the ball. Tidy finish though. Mohsni bloody loves a goal

I bet you wish you had an Opti widget now eh? :lol:

-----

Scorers

16 - Daly

10 - McCulloch

6 - Little; Mohsni

5 - Law

4 - MacLeod

3 - Templeton

2 - Black; Clark

-----

Assists

7 - Wallace

6 - Little

5 - Crawford

4 - Black; Law; Macleod; Peralta; Templeton

3 - Daly

-----

Type of goals

Inside 6 yard box

• Header from corner - 1
  • Volley - 1
  • Overhead kick - 1

• Header from corner - 2
  • Header from open play - 11
  • Volley - 1
  • Overhead Kick - 1
  • Penalty - 2
  • Own goal - 1

Outside 18 yard box -

• Open play - 3
  • Volley - 1
  • Direct set-piece - 0

Updated for the win over Airdrie. Very comfortable though Airdrie, even in 4 minutes of highlights, looked utterly hopeless. We were pretty careless, should have won that by 6 or 7 - Nicky Clark particularly guilty of some poor finishing. Just needs to be more clinical.

Two lads onto double figures now. Good stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

-----

Scorers

17 - Daly

10 - McCulloch

6 - Little; Mohsni

5 - Law

4 - MacLeod

3 - Clark; Templeton

2 - Black; Own Goal

1 - Aird; Crawford; Hegarty; McKay; Shiels; Wallace

-----

Assists

8 - Wallace

6 - Little

5 - Black; Crawford; Macleod

4 - Law; Peralta; Templeton

3 - Daly

-----

Type of goals

Inside 6 yard box

• Header from corner - 1
  • Finish (not with head) from free-kick - 2
  • Volley - 1
  • Overhead kick - 1

• Header from corner - 2
  • Header from free-kick - 3
  • Header from open play - 11
  • Volley - 1
  • Overhead Kick - 1
  • Penalty - 2
  • Own goal - 2

Outside 18 yard box -

• Open play - 3
  • Volley - 1
  • Direct set-piece - 0

Updated for tonight's stroll in the park. Daly moves on to 17 goals for the season (20-25 before christmas?), Wallace leading the assists with 8, and Daly scoring in 7 consecutive games - anyone know what the record is for someone scoring in consecutive games is for us?

Updated for tonight's stroll in the park. Daly moves on to 17 goals for the season (20-25 before christmas?), Wallace leading the assists with 8, and Daly scoring in 7 consecutive games - anyone know what the record is for someone scoring in consecutive games is for us?

I believe Daly has equalled Colin McAdam's record of 7.