Change

now then forever

After a promising start to the season things are slipping back to how they were last year - with players playing out of position, the striker becoming isolated and a lack of creativity in midfield.. The 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 played today didn't work. Daly can't play as a lone striker IMO. What would you do to change it?

I'd love the following line up, it's similar to a 4-4-2 but with two solid central midfielders and four 'front players', like teams like man city, spurs and bayern play.

Bell

MacAusland. Moshni. Gasparotto. Wallace

Law. Macleod

Mackay. Templeton

Clark

Little

Think this would be a really exciting line up, it features a lot of our young and promising players and also gives us a lot of mobility. The front 4 could all effectively play any of the front four positions and switch around during the course of a match.

I don't think we need a defensive midfielder like we always play just now, when one of Macleod or law go forward the other just hangs back. Like toure and fernandinho do for man c.

its a good idea but something like that wont happen , foster, smith , daly etc will all start .

i just want to see us play good football with players in there best positions and not shoehorned elsewhere . i thought we had that with the 4-1-3-2 but ally decided to change that to fit certain players he likes IMO

Honestly, Little up front or not at all. Mcculloch up front or not at all, Smith as left back cover or not at all (nothing against him, he did ok out wide yesterday but I would rather see a proper wide player out there). McAusland back in at right back (didnt deserve to be dropped? Unless he is injured?) Ian Black right back in that team next week.

I'll be honest, I don't think the formation is the problem. It is all to do with personnel and the tactics employed.

We should have been able to pass our way through them yesterday, but chose to go direct even tho it was windy, we only had 1 up front and they had two dominate CBs.

After a promising start to the season things are slipping back to how they were last year - with players playing out of position, the striker becoming isolated and a lack of creativity in midfield.. The 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 played today didn't work. Daly can't play as a lone striker IMO. What would you do to change it?

I'd love the following line up, it's similar to a 4-4-2 but with two solid central midfielders and four 'front players', like teams like man city, spurs and bayern play.

Bell

Law. Macleod

Mackay. Templeton

Clark

Little

Think this would be a really exciting line up, it features a lot of our young and promising players and also gives us a lot of mobility. The front 4 could all effectively play any of the front four positions and switch around during the course of a match.

I don't think we need a defensive midfielder like we always play just now, when one of Macleod or law go forward the other just hangs back. Like toure and fernandinho do for man c.

Agree with your team and idea mate .The only concern for me is ,I've yet to see McLeod and Law play well together .They do not link up very well for me .

Honestly, Little up front or not at all. Mcculloch up front or not at all, Smith as left back cover or not at all (nothing against him, he did ok out wide yesterday but I would rather see a proper wide player out there). McAusland back in at right back (didnt deserve to be dropped? Unless he is injured?) Ian Black right back in that team next week.

All correct solutions mate but yet our Esteemed Manager can't see it that way .Fucking astounds me .

New squad - manager trying different things - only 3 games with full squad available -8 games unbeaten - 5 points clear after 6 league games and a gd of 22 ..

.... And still folks want to say how bad the management team is - oh dear the lack of perspective should no longer surprise me - but it does.

I think McCoist needs an epiphany on the way home from one of these away trips. I don't expect us to play like Barcelona, but we should be getting the ball down and playing it on the deck. The fans would probably still moan though! I know I would...

Bell

Law. Macleod

Mackay. Templeton

Clark

Little

Black has been doing the DM role well, Laws game seems to have dropped a level since he was banned. There has to be a place for your top goal scorer!!!!.

New squad - manager trying different things - only 3 games with full squad available -8 games unbeaten - 5 points clear after 6 league games and a gd of 22 ..

.... And still folks want to say how bad the management team is - oh dear the lack of perspective should no longer surprise me - but it does.

I say this with the nicest possible respect, but fuck off out the thread then, the op is simply trying to start a discussion on what we'd do differently, nothing wrong with that

Did you actually watch the game yesterday?

We were embarrassing.

I agree the lack of perspective really surprises me too, have you put into perspective the league we are in and the opposition we are playing? Anybody could managed the group of players we have to win the league comfortably, with the squad we have we should be challenging in the two main cups this year too, and we're already out of one!

It's the blatant poor team selections that get me. Playing a striker as centre half, a left back in midfield (subbing him for a centre half to play in midfield), and a striker on the right wing. Also playing John Daly up front on his own against Forfar and playing long balls up to him, with the centre halves they have playing is crazy.

The team that played yesterday is the type of team you'd pick if you were playing a team far better than you and you were trying to scrape something out of the game.

McCulloch should be up front before Daly as he offers everything Daly does and he's a better finisher. However, neither of them should be playing unless they are playing with another striker as they lack mobility to play the lone striker role.

I agree the lack of perspective really surprises me too, have you put into perspective the league we are in and the opposition we are playing? Anybody could managed the group of players we have to win the league comfortably, with the squad we have we should be challenging in the two main cups this year too, and we're already out of one!

It's the blatant poor team selections that get me. Playing a striker as centre half, a left back in midfield (subbing him for a centre half to play in midfield), and a striker on the right wing. Also playing John Daly up front on his own against Forfar and playing long balls up to him, with the centre halves they have playing is crazy.

The team that played yesterday is the type of team you'd pick if you were playing a team far better than you and you were trying to scrape something out of the game.

McCulloch should be up front before Daly as he offers everything Daly does and he's a better finisher. However, neither of them should be playing unless they are playing with another striker as they lack mobility to play the lone striker role.

I absolutely agree with you mate.

Not only were we playing with players out of position,we were playing a totally defensive formation. It may have looked 4-4-1-1 on the clipboard, but in reality we had 5 backline players thus making it 5-3-1-1. Taking into consideration who we were playing against, this was a really shocking formation.

Conclusion:- Ally, IMO, was in fear of Forfar, something which concerns me and should concern us all, as there is nothing in that league which we should be afraid of.

Bell

Law. Macleod

Mackay. Templeton

Clark

Little

I made a similar thread and post on here last week. Agree with the formation, still think some changes are needed.

Faure deserves to be beside Mohsni for now.

Law should be the man behind the striker.

Black should be in there aswell.

I made a similar thread and post on here last week. Agree with the formation, still think some changes are needed.

Faure deserves to be beside Mohsni for now.

Law should be the man behind the striker.

Black should be in there aswell.

Agree with you. Black has been good this season and I think he helps Law express himself. I've also been surprised as to how well Faure has been in central defense. He should never have been dropped when Mohsni came in, certainly not on his performances.

I say this with the nicest possible respect, but fuck off out the thread then, the op is simply trying to start a discussion on what we'd do differently, nothing wrong with that

And, respectfully, - I am saying there is little we need to change!! So I'll stay in the thread - thanks for the advice