Where I think it has went wrong.

gogzy

I have been thinking about this for the past couple of games.

I think Ally made a mistake trying to fit too many of his new players into the team at the same time. I can understand why he done it, and when I was asked ( before sept 1st) if thought that he would try to do this, I thought he would and actually agreed with him trying it.

However, I think both he and I got it horribly wrong. What has happened is we have dropped 5 players on top form, and replaced them with (possibly) better players, but I don't think the form is there with these new guys all together.

Next match I think he should drop Stevie Smith and move temps back out to the left hand side. I think the left side has went from being almost unplayable, to ineffective in the space of one game :(

Id give Peralta a game at right back and drop foster too. And I also think we should consider putting Faure beside Moshni in defence, I think we defend too deep when Jig is playing CB.

I'd line up like this.

4-1-3-2

----------------Bell--.----------------------

Peralta - Moshni - Faure - Wallace

--------------Black------------------------

-----Little--------Law---Templeton (or McKay)

------------Daly----------Jig-------------

I still think Little can be very effective on the right hand side. And a daly/jig combination would bully most defenses.

And we would have a good bench with young hungry impact players and a couple of seasoned pro's.

/ Random musings.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have Temp in before McKay all day... I also don't think Daly and Jig would work... If Jig & Little works better than Daly & Clark then that is what we should do... no matter the cries of 'get the new guys in...'

Some of the same people who want to see Clark and Daly also want to see McCulloch and Little in the team. That is why they are on a forum and not football managers.

I would have Temp in before McKay all day... I also don't think Daly and Jig would work... If Jig & Little works better than Daly & Clark then that is what we should do... no matter the cries of 'get the new guys in...'

Some of the same people who want to see Clark and Daly also want to see McCulloch and Little in the team. That is why they are on a forum and not football managers.

I'd normally agree with you re: temps. However I think his form has dropped, and if we don't use our pool of players, what's the point in having them.

I'd normally agree with you re: temps. However I think his form has dropped, and if we don't use our pool of players, what's the point in having them.

Fair point Gogz... but Temp is a better footballer than Barrie right now and I would hazard a guess that he will remain so.

Without a shaddow of a doubt.

It would be great if Barrie proves us both wrong in the long run.

Not to the detriment of Temp though... I would hope that he would find consistency and by the time we are back on top he should be a regular at international level.

He has a bit to go but he is a winger and we all know about their inconsistencies. McCann was a first pick for Scotland and I never saw him consistently performing for us... good game, shite game, wonderful game, invisible.

We can't always have Davie Cooper I guess. Even Laudrup went missing after he put pen to paper with Chelsea... and I find it hard to forgive him for that.

Saying that... one of the most exciting sights for me as a boy was seeing Ted McMinn running down the wing...

Now there was a guy who could either beat a whole defence on his own or trip over the ball, depending on the day. He was my favourite player in the 1986/87 season...

Remember that 'Championees' song at the end of the Souness season... goosepimples.

Two memories... Cooper dribbling round the whole of the Ilves Tampere side... twice.

And McMinn giving him a run for his money against Dundee Utd and I think McCoist or Fleck jumps on his back.

Fantastic.

I think Ally made a mistake trying to fit too many of his new players into the team at the same time. I can understand why he done it, and when I was asked ( before sept 1st) if thought that he would try to do this, I thought he would and actually agreed with him trying it.

However, I think both he and I got it horribly wrong. What has happened is we have dropped 5 players on top form, and replaced them with (possibly) better players, but I don't think the form is there with these new guys all together.

Next match I think he should drop Stevie Smith and move temps back out to the left hand side. I think the left side has went from being almost unplayable, to ineffective in the space of one game :(

Id give Peralta a game at right back and drop foster too. And I also think we should consider putting Faure beside Moshni in defence, I think we defend too deep when Jig is playing CB.

I'd line up like this.

4-1-3-2

I still think Little can be very effective on the right hand side. And a daly/jig combination would bully most defenses.

And we would have a good bench with young hungry impact players and a couple of seasoned pro's.

/ Random musings.

Saying that... one of the most exciting sights for me as a boy was seeing Ted McMinn running down the wing...

Now there was a guy who could either beat a whole defence on his own or trip over the ball, depending on the day. He was my favourite player in the 1986/87 season...

Remember that 'Championees' song at the end of the Souness season... goosepimples.

I would have been 5 years old lol.

I have managed to blot out most of my childhood. :lol:

Gogzy - I agree with you 100%, not with your line-up, but with the fact Ally has made so many changes at the same time. For me there was no need to do it and I could not believe he brought all those players in for the East Fife game. For example, we had to endure watching Faure all last year playing absolutely shite and then we drop him this year when he has shown a huge improvement both in his physical conditioning and his general play (at centre half only) - for me this is poor. Secondly, we

I also thought that we were playing better football when we only had 2 of the new signings to choose from. A mate of mine did mention to me, before all new signings were able to play, that he thought we should ease the new guys in, rather than sticking them all into the team asap, since we never knew what kinda form they were in. I think that Ally would have been slaughtered if he had done that though. Hindsight,eh?

Id rather see McKay in the team over temps in the next few games.

Temps plays shite and keeps his place.

Wee McKay comes on and changes the cup game and came on and done more than Temps in the last 10 minutes on sunday.

If temps starts infront of McKay on Saturday were is the motivation for either McKay or Temps.

I think Temps is a better player but not on current form, if you have competition for places which we do, its just a waste of wages if we dont use it.

The use of "went" in the title when you mean "gone"?

And I agree that dropping players in form purely to make room for new signings is daft.

Let them realise they have to earn a place so that, when their chance comes, they will give everything.

Bell

Foster

McCulloch

Mohsni

Wallace

Little

Law

Black

Temps

Daly

Clark

This is our best eleven, simple 4-4-2

I would go:

---------------------Bell--------------------

McAusland---Jig----Moshni-----Wallace

-----Peralta------Law-------McKay-------

---------Clark-----Daly------------Temps

Essentially it would be a 4-3-3 with Temps being asked to play the Laudrup/McCann role of being more of a winger than a left midfielder and Daly and Clark up front ala McCoist/Hateley. Also looking for Wallace and McAusland to be bombing forward like Numan and Robbo used to do effectively.

Hell will freeze over though before Ally puts a team on the park like that against the joiners and plumbers in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

One can only imagine how many goals Daly and Clark would get with service from 20 yard wide crosses rather than 75 yard fukkin punts up the park. (tu)

I'd line up like this.

4-1-3-2

/ Random musings.

Gogzy!!

In that time you say it all went wrong we have recorded 3 wins on the trot, two away from home, ( to opposition that have recently beat us) only lost one goal, and ( as you say) introduced new players to the squad. Hardly 'gone wrong'

I know we all have high standards but a bit of perspective - I also note in your new formation we have 3 major changes - Perlata RB, Moshni / Faure and jig daly partnerships - and yet major changes are what you are complaining about?

If 3 wins is it all going wrong I worry when we have a defeat !!

I would go:

---------------------Bell--------------------

McAusland---Jig----Moshni-----Wallace

-----Peralta------Law-------McKay-------

---------Clark-----Daly------------Temps

Essentially it would be a 4-3-3 with Temps being asked to play the Laudrup/McCann role of being more of a winger than a left midfielder and Daly and Clark up front ala McCoist/Hateley. Also looking for Wallace and McAusland to be bombing forward like Numan and Robbo used to do effectively.

Hell will freeze over though before Ally puts a team on the park like that against the joiners and plumbers in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

One can only imagine how many goals Daly and Clark would get with service from 20 yard wide crosses rather than 75 yard fukkin punts up the park. (tu)

That team, providing that they have right bottle and attitude should have enough pace and trickery to trouble most teams in Scotland.

I agree we seem to have forced players on when others were doing quite well, the good thing is bar the poor performances at times we are still getting the results.

Players like Templeton are needing to sit out though till they show enough to start as he seems to be struggling badly.