Where I think it has went wrong.

gogzy

Correct.

He's an easy scapegoat for some, regardless of the facts.

No scapegoat at all, what do we achieve from playing him for the next 2 seasons? How many players lose out by him playing? What progress is being made? Is he doing a job someone younger could do just as well while gaining experience? ask those questions and the answers you get will be the 'facts' that should be considered.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He has played RB for his country. He can obviously play there.

Jig/daly up front would batter through most defenses, the movement would be coming from the attacking midfield i have set out behind the front two.

It's very rare you'll see two target men playing alongside each other.

Why?

Because it doesn't work.

No scapegoat at all, what do we achieve from playing him for the next 2 seasons? How many players lose out by him playing? What progress is being made? Is he doing a job someone younger could do just as well while gaining experience? ask those questions and the answers you get will be the 'facts' that should be considered.

He's part of the current squad. He is being paid a wage and should therefore be considered the same as any other player.

We are in the process of a huge rebuilding period at the club. It's not just about preparing for the SPL though. We have the cups to think about also.

Ally has to play the best team available to him. Lee has proven to be one of the most consistent players we have. His goalscoring ratio is remarkable, and despite his age, he's show he's still in terrific condition. He also has terrific leadership qualities which can only help the team. The youngsters will learn from playing alongside Lee.

It's very rare you'll see two target men playing alongside each other.

Why?

Because it doesn't work.

In your opinion. I recall us playing them both up front in one of the games that jig scored his hat trick in. Thought we won that game well and provided a good attacking threat.

I am not saying that my line up would be the starting 11 I played every week, but I'd give it a bash and see how it worked.

In your opinion. I recall us playing them both up front in one of the games that jig scored his hat trick in. Thought we won that game well and provided a good attacking threat.

I am not saying that my line up would be the starting 11 I played every week, but I'd give it a bash and see how it worked.

Pretty sure it was Jig and Clarke up front that day. Clarke got the first goal. He played central defence the following week when he scored his second hat-trick.

Pretty sure it was Jig and Clarke up front that day. Clarke got the first goal. He played central defence the following week when he scored his second hat-trick.

You might be right, I thought it was Daly, I actually thought daly got a goal that day too.

I am probably wrong :lol:

Clark was up front with McCulloch that day.

He's part of the current squad. He is being paid a wage and should therefore be considered the same as any other player.

We are in the process of a huge rebuilding period at the club. It's not just about preparing for the SPL though. We have the cups to think about also.

Ally has to play the best team available to him. Lee has proven to be one of the most consistent players we have. His goalscoring ratio is remarkable, and despite his age, he's show he's still in terrific condition. He also has terrific leadership qualities which can only help the team. The youngsters will learn from playing alongside Lee.

Mcausland and Fuare are also getting paid a wage and should be reagrded the same as anyone else and i would argue they were just as consistent and impressive in the respective positions yet Ally had no problem dropping them and playing other players that were not the best available.

If you listen to Ally then he is not thinking about the cups its only the league that is important lol but I take your point and hence why i said dependant on opponent Mculloch could play. I'm not saying drop him and forget about him completely but we have to look at the bigger picture and the bigger picture is if tactics, team selection and formation are correct we should be creating by far enough chances for anyone in the team to replace McCullochs goals.

I love Jig but ast this stage he should not be first name on the team sheet in defence and should be only played upfront when the opposition (whether that be their tactics, players or level within Scottish football) merits it.

I have been thinking about this for the past couple of games.

I think Ally made a mistake trying to fit too many of his new players into the team at the same time. I can understand why he done it, and when I was asked ( before sept 1st) if thought that he would try to do this, I thought he would and actually agreed with him trying it.

However, I think both he and I got it horribly wrong. What has happened is we have dropped 5 players on top form, and replaced them with (possibly) better players, but I don't think the form is there with these new guys all together.

Next match I think he should drop Stevie Smith and move temps back out to the left hand side. I think the left side has went from being almost unplayable, to ineffective in the space of one game :(

Id give Peralta a game at right back and drop foster too. And I also think we should consider putting Faure beside Moshni in defence, I think we defend too deep when Jig is playing CB.

I'd line up like this.

4-1-3-2

----------------Bell--.----------------------

Peralta - Moshni - Faure - Wallace

--------------Black------------------------

-----Little--------Law---Templeton (or McKay)

------------Daly----------Jig-------------

I still think Little can be very effective on the right hand side. And a daly/jig combination would bully most defenses.

And we would have a good bench with young hungry impact players and a couple of seasoned pro's.

/ Random musings.

At least your team are all playing in their correct positions. (tu)

I have been thinking about this for the past couple of games.

I think Ally made a mistake trying to fit too many of his new players into the team at the same time. I can understand why he done it, and when I was asked ( before sept 1st) if thought that he would try to do this, I thought he would and actually agreed with him trying it.

However, I think both he and I got it horribly wrong. What has happened is we have dropped 5 players on top form, and replaced them with (possibly) better players, but I don't think the form is there with these new guys all together.

Next match I think he should drop Stevie Smith and move temps back out to the left hand side. I think the left side has went from being almost unplayable, to ineffective in the space of one game :(

Id give Peralta a game at right back and drop foster too. And I also think we should consider putting Faure beside Moshni in defence, I think we defend too deep when Jig is playing CB.

I'd line up like this.

4-1-3-2

----------------Bell--.----------------------

Peralta - Moshni - Faure - Wallace

--------------Black------------------------

-----Little--------Law---Templeton (or McKay)

------------Daly----------Jig-------------

I still think Little can be very effective on the right hand side. And a daly/jig combination would bully most defenses.

And we would have a good bench with young hungry impact players and a couple of seasoned pro's.

/ Random musings.

It was funny you know Gogz - Little was stinking first half against Arbroath but he really came onto a game once Templeton had been introduced.

I would never have Little anywhere but as a striker, and Templeton wouldn't get near my team just now. However I agree about the introduction of the new players - that it may be partly the reason for the dip, although I can understand why McCoist did it.

I admire your optimism mate. it makes mine look pale in comparison. There has been a marked drop in form and even though we won all three games, the product on the park in waning.

Just observations anyway.

We didn't have our best day on Sunday - But I think the 5-1 win and the 0-3 agains QOS were excellent results marked with some excellent play. I don't think one game (or even 3 games is a trend). We have a large squad, with a lot of changes, and Ally has to try our different things and deal with different 'issues' - like Black being suspended. Now the large squad is there to deal with those types of issues and so far it has and its not like you to be overly pessimistic so I was surprised at your tone of 'What went wrong' ....... er not a lot (IMHO !!)

On a similar point - I do think people minimise how long it takes for a squad to really gel - and given that we are early days with 8 new players - 4-5 of which can make a good case as first picks then I think while we are winning then we should be more supportive than critical - but we are all Football Managers anyway and we do know better than every manager we ever had! :pipe:

We didn't have our best day on Sunday - But I think the 5-1 win and the 0-3 agains QOS were excellent results marked with some excellent play. I don't think one game (or even 3 games is a trend). We have a large squad, with a lot of changes, and Ally has to try our different things and deal with different 'issues' - like Black being suspended. Now the large squad is there to deal with those types of issues and so far it has and its not like you to be overly pessimistic so I was surprised at your tone of 'What went wrong' ....... er not a lot (IMHO !!)

On a similar point - I do think people minimise how long it takes for a squad to really gel - and given that we are early days with 8 new players - 4-5 of which can make a good case as first picks then I think while we are winning then we should be more supportive than critical - but we are all Football Managers anyway and we do know better than every manager we ever had! :pipe:

so on that basis ally made a balls up of chucking them all in and is it correct to dump players that was on a great run of form for the new players, if people wasnt critical nothing would improve, it would all stay the same plain and boring, the same as blaming the wind on sunday, why didnt ally take daly off replace him with clark and play a passing game. its cause ally is worried to change the way the team plays at a whimper, rather he plays players out of position rather than the best option

so on that basis ally made a balls up of chucking them all in and is it correct to dump players that was on a great run of form for the new players, if people wasnt critical nothing would improve, it would all stay the same plain and boring, the same as blaming the wind on sunday, why didnt ally take daly off replace him with clark and play a passing game. its cause ally is worried to change the way the team plays at a whimper, rather he plays players out of position rather than the best option

Nonsense - Ally puts outta team to win - Sunday saw a few players play below what we know they are capable of - it happens in football and we still won.