McLaughlin claims Rangers call in police over messageboard comments.

bawsburst

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This smacks of a smear campaign against dissenting fans.

It does indeed. The muppets running our club are now playing the victim card to smear the fans and trying to smear protestors before they've even protested! Our club's boardroom is now officially completely shameless.

Does anybody know what's been said. I don't agree with Chris on many things...but he certainly isn't stupid enough to be caught out like this.

the threat to Director and Family wasnt Chris,

Chris has been threatened to be sued for his last blog on the Easdales that Bawsburst posted earlier.

The club statement doesn't differentiate between the 2 actions they have taken tonight.

The statement is purely about posts in FF and then goes into insinuate that the gathering of people at the SonsOfStruth is incitement to violence.

The action against Chris Graham is a completely separate issue.

All of the above actions by the club are an atrocious attempt to divert attention away from the much more important issues regarding the club ie Accounts.

If Grandmaster Suck doesn't know what the "threatening" post was, nobody has reported it, nobody on here has seen it, then it is a mystery how this could have placed a director and his family "in a state of fear and alarm".

Unless it was directly reported to him by someone who saw it and didn't think to alert the Moderators of Follow Follow.

Now, here's a thought:

Could the person who spotted this "threat" and reported it to the director be the same person who wrote it?

All a bit of a handy way of doling out threats, trying to silence a hostile website and at the same time smearing genuine Rangers supporters who are holding a meeting to discuss their next step.

Clearly a lot of Rangers supporters on here - fans just as passionate and loyal as those meeting tonight - do not agree with what Sons of Struth are doing. But, being genuine Rangers fans, they would not stoop so low as to report them to the police on either spurious or flimsy grounds and then inform the BBC before even attempting to contact the owner of the Follow Follow site.

This stinks to high heaven.

I can only conclude that those behind this stunt (meaning the report to the police, leak to the BBC and McMurdo, and only then an appalling official statement) do not have the long-term best interests of Rangers Football Club at heart.

Which is very sad.

If Grandmaster Suck doesn't know what the "threatening" post was, nobody has reported it, nobody on here has seen it, then it is a mystery how this could have placed a director and his family "in a state of fear and alarm".

Unless it was directly reported to him by someone who saw it and didn't think to alert the Moderators of Follow Follow.

Now, here's a thought:

Could the person who spotted this "threat" and reported it to the director be the same person who wrote it?

All a bit of a handy way of doling out threats, trying to silence a hostile website and at the same time smearing genuine Rangers supporters who are holding a meeting to discuss their next step.

Clearly a lot of Rangers supporters on here - fans just as passionate and loyal as those meeting tonight - do not agree with what Sons of Struth are doing. But, being genuine Rangers fans, they would not stoop so low as to report them to the police on either spurious or flimsy grounds and then inform the BBC before even attempting to contact the owner of the Follow Follow site.

I can only conclude that those behind this stunt (meaning the report to the police, leak to the BBC and McMurdo, and only then an appalling official statement) do not have the long-term best interests of Rangers Football Club at heart.

Which is very sad.

It is a very good point.

It may be possible that people who read the post didn't take it seriously or see it as a threat. Could be as you have said and planted, no one knows and more than likely we will never know.

It is a very good point.

It may be possible that people who read the post didn't take it seriously or see it as a threat. Could be as you have said and planted, no one knows and more than likely we will never know.

They claim to have screen shots, the club's solicitors that is.

Now, here's a thought:

Which is very sad.

And what if Paul Murray and Jim McColl planted a threatening post to get the Board to react in this way, which would then allow the anti-Board campaigners to try and win support by playing the victim card?

Or y'know, just make up and old nonsense you like.

I'll ask EVERYONE on here just now, who posted the comments that have forced the club into this action?

If you don't know who it was, or what was said, then you should shut up and stop bringing in your own agendas to a very serious matter.

If you do know who posted these comments, with proof positive of these allegations, I would advise you to not re-post them, and await the outcome of this.

Rangers fans are infighting and it only serves one purpose. Beasts from the east will be laughing at us and I don't know if it was even a Bear who the club are after........................

That's a statement from a small group of men who happen to control the club website. That is not a club statement. If that's what the official site is being used for they can fucking keep it.

Im not sure this even makes sense.

It's a club statement from the people who currently are at board level, it represents us, unfortunately :(

Now, here's a thought:

Which is very sad.

Interesting theory. When I read this my first thought was about the sellick fan in another thread about a Twitter post being reported to the polis, them investigating said post, said sellik fan saying I know nothing, I must hiv been hacked, polis saying , nothing more we can do. Therefor I would expect any good brief representing Fury to utilize the exact same defence.