The Propaganda Wars Rage On For Control Of Rangers

AlBear.

This place became unbearable as we led up to the annual report, as each side spun their morally righteous propaganda to influence the majority. The majority hoped it would end one way or the other with the publication of the report. How naive we were. The report was neither overwhelmingly positive nor overwhelmingly negative. Stalemate.

This place will again become unbearable as we lead up to the AGM and each side continues to spin their propaganda with even more gusto than before as they become desperate for control.

After the AGM one way or another this place will again become unbearable as the losers will refuse to accept the decisions of share holders.

Will it ever end? Yes. But the end appears nowhere in sight.

Enough is enough.

You all preach you want what's best, you all preach we need your own brand of governance to see a profitable, successful Rangers again. Give us all a break and give Rangers what we desperately need right now - Stability. To move forward on a strong, united footing.

Here's a novel idea. Instead of bickering, creating divisions and forcing Bears to pick sides why don't you all knock your fuckin heads together and start working as one towards the common goal that you all claim is your sole concern? Too easy? Or are your selfish, egotistical agendas refusing to allow you to see what's best for our club?

This place became unbearable as we led up to the annual report, as each side spun their morally righteous propaganda to influence the majority. The majority hoped it would end one way or the other with the publication of the report. How naive we were. The report was neither overwhelmingly positive nor overwhelmingly negative. Stalemate.

This place will again become unbearable as we lead up to the AGM and each side continues to spin their propaganda with even more gusto than before as they become desperate for control.

After the AGM one way or another this place will again become unbearable as the losers will refuse to accept the decisions of share holders.

Enough is enough.

You all preach you want what's best, you all preach we need your own brand of governance to see a profitable, successful Rangers again. Give us all a break and give Rangers what we desperately need right now - Stability. To move forward on a strong, united footing.

Here's a novel idea. Instead of bickering, creating divisions and forcing Bears to pick sides why don't you all knock your fuckin heads together and start working as one towards the common goal that you all claim is your sole concern? Too easy? Or are your selfish, egotistical agendas refusing to allow you to see what's best for our club?

100% with you.

The warring factions need to be getting together, acting professionally and keeping their disputes out of the media.

The propaganda war has 2 casualties, the fans and the truth.

100% with you.

The warring factions need to be getting together, acting professionally and keeping their disputes out of the media.

Got it in one mate. We the fans suffer more than anyone.

Sick of all the bullshit. It's becoming like a presidential election with all the snide digs, underhand tactics and wave after wave of propganda.

See what the worst thing is, the shareholders can change this at the AGM they will vote how they see fit but most if us in here and I include me in that have absolutely zero idea if change will be for the best or not.

Infact I'd go as far to say as about 80% of us maybe more don't have a Scoobie about business and what's really going on :lol:

100% with you.

(tu)

The truth is a stranger to both sides in this sorry saga.

See what the worst thing is, the shareholders can change this at the AGM they will vote how they see fit but most if us in here and I include me in that have absolutely zero idea if change will be for the best or not.

Infact I'd go as far to say as about 80% of us maybe more don't have a Scoobie about business and what's really going on :lol:

It's like a high school popularity contest.

Enough is enough.

Agreed

Made the point myself last week we should have a separate section for the propaganda and agenda pushers and leave this for football

Great op 100% agree sometimes it is hard to know what to believe and even with stuff that is false if enough mud is slung some may stick if not challenged promptly and correctly.I just want those in power to demonstrate what they are doing is best for the club rather than just slagging or attempting to discredit others.Talk is cheap and actions truly speak louder than words.

It would seem that both sides sitting down in a room for a few hours and working out compromise which would have ended this nonsense months back is just too difficult for these guys.

They would rather run the mHedia or keep up the childish name calling.

I doubt the faction that lose out at the AGM are going to go quietly either and more crap will follow.

It would seem that both sides sitting down in a room for a few hours and working out compromise which would have ended this nonsense months back is just too difficult for these guys.

They would rather run the mHedia or keep up the childish name calling.

I doubt the faction that lose out at the AGM are going to go quietly either and more crap will follow.

I'm sure that compromise was offered - Blin and McColl but no Murray yet that was rejected

Wonder why

In my experience life is full of people who do not know the phrases "I'm not sure", "It's hard to tell", "I don't know enough about it", or even "fair point" or "You could be right".

Too many people are windbags that will form an opinion too rashly and push that opinion single mindedly, looking only for arguments that support it. I think it's so as to appear knowledgable, confident, strong willed and to earn some measure of respect.

The reality is, it gets in the way of the truth, and it gets in the way of actually moving forward with a good understanding of the situation.

I could put it another way, some people are full of shite

<<SNIP>>

Enough is enough.

You sound as if you are describing the current polarization of the US Congress and House of Representatives.

So many parallels in the conflicts between self-interested parties prepared to see both a 'club' and a 'government' fail. Only to satisfy their own insatiable appetite for power (and a blazer).

In both cases contemptuous and disgusting.

Things will continue this way until we have a board we can trust. Some people may fall for Stockbridge's spiel and I can understand that. People want to believe that the club is in good health, we all do, and for that reason some will at times show blind loyalty. It's very difficult to be happy when the club has made a £14m loss in just over a year, however.

Some people are even celebrating the results as if it is some kind of victory. I think a lot of that purely comes down to one-upmanship. People are just so desperate to get one over the 'other side' i.e. those who have different views and opinions. I think that clouds people's judgement.

100% with you.

Three casualties, the football, the fans and the truth.

Enough is enough.

agree with every word

Enough is enough.

Well said AlBear! Like you, I'm sick to death of this contiinual infantile bickering - this 'who can score the most 'brownie points' for their side' attitide.

Like most others, I've read the accounts and tried to make sense of them, and have also availed of the impartial evaluations provided by some of our more impartial Bears.

Do the accounts make comfortable reading - no! Are we still in a precarious position - yes! But are we in crisis - no!

Many questions remain to be answered, but I very much doubt if any board would have made a better 'fist' of the situation that was inherited by Charle Green and his team. Many conveniently forget the circumstances of the Green 'takeover', which was a period of total instability, uncertainty and fear for the very future of our club.

We were financially crippled, being relentlessly pursued by HMRC and under attack from every conceivable quarter.

Did Charlie Green get it all right - no! Did his fellow board members during that period - including Malcolm Murray, Walter Smith et al - get it all right - no! Could the current financial situation be a little brighter - perhaps! But not substantially so I think.

The inescapable fact is that there are those who will NEVER be satisfied with the current regime, and there are those who will NEVER be satisfied with a new one - no matter who it comprises.

It is with considerable regret that I say that I trust none of the main protagonists in this whole sorry saga, and I hope the forthcoming AGM will bring some stability - although I very doubt it.

Truth is, we will probably be unable to significantly inluence who is voted on, or off, the board - that will be the battle of the institutional investors.

Perhaps we - as supporters - should concentrate on how we can best meaningfully monitor and influence whatever board is in place, and call them to account when we think they are not acting in the best interests of Rangers Football Club.

We squabble about who should be on the board, yet we have no 'oversight' whatsoever!

Things will continue this way until we have a board we can trust. Some people may fall for Stockbridge's spiel and I can understand that. People want to believe that the club is in good health, we all do, and for that reason some will at times show blind loyalty. It's very difficult to be happy when the club has made a £14m loss in just over a year, however.

Some people are even celebrating the results as if it is some kind of victory. I think a lot of that purely comes down to one-upmanship. People are just so desperate to get one over the 'other side' i.e. those who have different views and opinions. I think that clouds people's judgement.

And there you have it.

Things will continue this way as long as folk keep pushing the minico agenda in blind faith even after their lies have been exposed.

Notice how they agitate for change without putting forward anyone to replace them.

I doubt they will stop their attempts to destabilise our club even after they are trounced at the AGM.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines taking cheap shots when you aren't actually doing anything yourself.

Enough is enough.

Superb Al, Agree 100%

Enough is enough.

good post Al .On this occasion hard to disagree with any of that .