Dean Shiels

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was talented enough to have a team built around him at a club like Kilmarnock and that helped him show the form of his career, but he isn't talented enough, or consistent enough, for us to put that level of trust in him.

He's handy to have around though because he can fill in in a number of positions and he's fairly experienced too.

Bit hard to do that from the stand or dugout.

Doesn't make a difference, he does the same job there as he does on the park - invisible man who hides from the ball when things aren't going his way. Granted he has some ability but never a Rangers player.

Sadly I think that the lad will continue to struggle for game time as we have to many players of a similar vein. McLoed is a midfielder who has a natural inclination to drift to the left, so much so the manager has taken to playing him left wing.

Law also has a tendency to drift left which is why he performs better with the likes of black or Peralta along side him, that and one of those two leave law much more free to play further up the pitch.

So in short Shiels is at best third choice midfielder and in a similar spot for playing in the hole behind the strikers with templeton, Crawford and possibly even Mckay ahead of him in any pecking order at present.

He was talented enough to have a team built around him at a club like Kilmarnock and that helped him show the form of his career, but he isn't talented enough, or consistent enough, for us to put that level of trust in him.

He's handy to have around though because he can fill in in a number of positions and he's fairly experienced too.

It's hard to do when the manager picks a team round a bag of ransoms, you play there, you play there, uuum you there and I think I'll play you there.

Next thing you know you have 4 right backs playing in the middle

It's hard to do when the manager picks a team round a bag of ransoms, you play there, you play there, uuum you there and I think I'll play you there.

Next thing you know you have 4 right backs playing in the middle

Bell

Perry Jig. Mohsni. Gasprotto

McAusland Faure Cribari

How about 7 CB if ally decides to go a bit defensive in the Scottish cup.

I think he's been a big disappointment and if he is to improve to be an automatic first choice, he's got a long way to go, especially, on paper anyway, our opposition will become harder and harder. I certainly don't think we can afford any passengers in the Championship next season.

Brilliant at Killie and I don't think a good player can all of a sudden go bad, seemed to pick up injuries last season and never bounced back fully.

Killie almost built the team around him though, he was the focal point of most attacks for them