World Cup - Winners? Dark Horses etc

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see a Bra or Arg winning it tbh.

Home turf yeah but they don't look to clever at the back whenever I have seen them the past year. Of course anything can happen but Germany will come good.

Europeans are tactically ahead of south americans. Think germany have it in the bag and will be too strong in all areas of the park. its their time really, Its not your usual tactically sound experienced German sides that we have become used to over the years there are a lot of young players and a lot of pace in the team as well as all the other good attributes, they are a joy to watch!

Yeah they have such a good mix coming into this WC year.

Guys like Lahm and Schweinsteiger (sp) are at their peak levels now while players like Ozil, Gotze, Muller, Reus are all among the best attacking players in Europe at the minute. I think the fact they are a young group who have been together for many years (similair to the current young Belgium team) is going to be a major factor.

Last year you saw how much Bayern wanted it after the dissapointment of Chelsea in the CL final and I have a feeling Germany will have the same sort of dogged determination to finally live up to their potential.

Must say I fancy Germany out of the European sides, Don't think Spain have enough left to retain it, and Belgium don't have the experience to win a semi if they get that far. Brazil look good but there will be so much pressure on them and I think the Germans could take them in a head-to-head. Argentina look good on paper, but so much depends on Messi - if he has a good injury-free season for Barca, he could inspire them.