Kris Boyd

FernandoR20

The 'Fergie was crap when he returned' gets said so often it's gonna stick...

...and that's unfair.

Repeat a lie often enough and it'll come true indeed.

He had some great performances after he came back...and was still a great player. (tu)

He's 35 now and still a top English championship club regular. (tu)

It's like how Tic fans claim he failed in England....

Yet he still got more MOTM awards than any other player in the EPL...in his only full season there.

Lies repeated often enough stick...he deserves better than that.

I saw him with my own eyes, crap is perhaps an exaggeration but he was a let down especially compared to the first spell.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him with my own eyes, crap is perhaps an exaggeration but he was a let down especially compared to the first spell.

That's because he was playing with much better footballers in his first spell.

Ferguson may have disappointed on occasions but he was never shite/rubbish/crap or whatever.

So did I.

More often than not he was the best player in our fucking team (tu)

Personally I just didn't see that too consistently, I think awarding him man of the match became something of a default because of reputation.

Bear in mind we had a terrific run in to win the league in 2008/09 after Smith suspended Ferguson and he never got back in the line up.

That's because he was playing with much better footballers in his first spell.

Ferguson may have disappointed on occasions but he was never shite/rubbish/crap or whatever.

Easy to blame the other players but at times Ferguson was as bad as the rest. Maybe i'm harsh but I just remember being that excited when we re-signed him yet I was actually quite relieved when we sold him again, although our finances and his big wage was partly to do with that feeling as well probably.

Personally I just didn't see that too consistently, I think awarding him man of the match became something of a default because of reputation.

Bear in mind we had a terrific run in to win the league in 2008/09 after Smith suspended Ferguson and he never got back in the line up.

Yes we did.

Bear in mind, Advocaat said he was the best player in the best Rangers team in my lifetime.

Bear in mind, the trophies he won as Rangers Captain.

Bear in mind, for a player who was 'done' according to some....he left Rangers 5 years ago...

And is still playing first team football at 35 for a top 5 English Championship side.

A far higher level than us incidentally.

He was class.

I don't deny he was maybe worse second time around but let's not undermine one of our own...

Tic fans undermine Barry Ferguson cause he did more than McStay ever did.

The guy was a a great footballer....both times. (tu)

Easy to blame the other players but at times Ferguson was as bad as the rest. Maybe i'm harsh but I just remember being that excited when we re-signed him yet I was actually quite relieved when we sold him again, although our finances and his big wage was partly to do with that feeling as well probably.

I don't blame the others for Ferguson's (at times) poor form, was just pointing out the drastic difference in teams.

Yes we did.

Bear in mind, Advocaat said he was the best player in the best Rangers team in my lifetime.

Bear in mind, the trophies he won as Rangers Captain.

Bear in mind, for a player who was 'done' according to some....he left Rangers 5 years ago...

And is still playing first team football at 35 for a top 5 English Championship side.

He was class.

I don't deny he was maybe worse second time around but let's not undermine one of our own...

Tic fans undermine Barry Ferguson cause he did more than McStay ever did.

The guy was a a great footballer....both times. (tu)

He's a Rangers legend as far as i'm concerned and as a young boy he was my favourite player by far, broke my heart when he went to Blackburn.

But it can't really be denied there was a few negative aspects to his time with Rangers, I don't think it's undermining him by discussing them.

He did look finished when they loaned him to Fleetwood but certainly had a real revival under Paul Ince. (tu)

He's a Rangers legend as far as i'm concerned and as a young boy he was my favourite player by far, broke my heart when he went to Blackburn.

But it can't really be denied there was a few negative aspects to his time with Rangers, I don't think it's undermining him by discussing them.

He did look finished when they loaned him to Fleetwood but certainly had a real revival under Paul Ince. (tu)

You know what....

That's fair. (tu)

You're maybe not as bad as i thought lol.

:pipe:

P.S The Blackpool fans were up in arms when he was loaned....

Ince brought him straight back in...

He's currently injured but forum-wise at least, regarded as their best midfielder.

You know what....

That's fair. (tu)

You're maybe not as bad as i thought lol.

:pipe:

P.S The Blackpool fans were up in arms when he was loaned....

Ince brought him straight back in...

He's currently injured but forum-wise at least, regarded as their best midfielder.

Aye same, lets see what happens when we get back in the OT though. :pipe::lol:

I remember something about the fans being keen for him to play but it did look bleak that he couldn't get a game at that age, i'm sure he even said himself he was seriously contemplating retirement until Paul Ince made him a key player again.

Just no.

Thanks for the memories but I want us to invest in a young side that will be together for a few years. In an ideal world the only positions I see a future in an "old head" is at holding midfielder or CB.

Boyd & Miller are in our past, and I'd prefer it if it remained that way.

About what? I thought he left saying despite signing for a smaller a club he wanted a new challenge,,,seems pretty reasonable to me

In January he was saying 'I've not decided yet but I think I'll stay.

When he left he said he made his mind up to leave in January (td)

Tbh I didn't really blame him for wanting a new challenge. He was getting left out the team at the latter stages of the season and never played in Europe, he won every trophy in Scotland so at least he's achieved something in his career.

Tbh I didn't really blame him for wanting a new challenge. He was getting left out the team at the latter stages of the season and never played in Europe, he won every trophy in Scotland so at least he's achieved something in his career.

and yet that's not what most of us will remember him for.