Kris Boyd

FernandoR20

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not denying he was a good finisher but the football was woeful to watch, long balls up the pitch and more often than not Boyd would be caught offside.

I think Ally is starting to show his style of play, working the wings and keeping the ball on the deck for more fluid passing and the players are shwoing a hunger that we've been missing for a long time. They are chasing up and down the park and working hard, we are finally developing a team that play well together and dig in when it's required

IMO - and it is only my opinion - Boyd has peaked, his game doesn't fit into our style and he wouldn't adapt. If we signed him (and i reckon we will TBH) i think it would take the edge off some of our attackers but i think eventually Ally would bench him. There are others in our team who show far more potential than an ageing Kris Boyd.

The days of defensive football with one up front should be resigned to the past.

Do you go the games? Smith only played defensive against teams that were much better than us ie in europe, otherwise we would have got hammered if we tried to outplay them because we weren't good enough! Smith managed to get a mediocre team to win spl titles, get some great results in the cl and to a champions league final!

We are now playing part timers in league 1 so there's a bit of a difference. Also away from home in general the football has been brutal this year. And like has been said we aren't starting with a winger, our midfield at present is 4 central midfielders.

We've not played a winger in about 6 weeks. :lol:

And I certainly haven't seen any fluid passing.

Probably because we have not played on a pitch that could accommodate wingers in that time. Brechin was talked about as the narrowest pitch some have ever played at.

OT

Jon daly has a big reputation for helping to mentor and nurture the younger guys in the team. Aside from his scoring this is a huge additional asset which made him a better buy than Boyd.

Probably because we have not played on a pitch that could accommodate wingers in that time. Brechin was talked about as the narrowest pitch some have ever played at.

OT

Jon daly has a big reputation for helping to mentor and nurture the younger guys in the team. Aside from his scoring this is a huge additional asset which made him a better buy than Boyd.

What a load of rubbish, other teams we've played against have played wingers. I'm not saying we should be playing wingers btw our results without them have been very good.

Domestically we were fine under Walter it was in Europe that the football we played was dire as fuck. Although it did get us to a final but it really was ugly stuff.

In the SPL we seemed to play good football and score lots of goals.

It's funny that Walter and his cautious approach got us far more success in Europe than Advocaat and Souness ever did.

Aye, clearly past it and would add nothing with all the goals he's been scoring in the country's highlest league this season..

Aye I see what you mean '2 days ago - Kris Boyd took his tally to six goals for the season' The Ayrshire Messi?? (tu)

Be better signing one of these guys;

SPL top scorers

20 Michael Higdon (Motherwell)

20 Billy McKay (Inverness CT)

19 Leigh Griffiths (Hibernian)

16 Gary Hooper (Celtic)

16 Niall McGinn (Aberdeen)

13 Johnny Russell (Dundee United)

12 Steven Thompson (St Mirren)

11 Paul Heffernan (Kilmarnock)

10 Andrew Shinnie (Inverness CT)

10 Jamie Murphy (ex-Motherwell)

Aye I see what you mean '2 days ago - Kris Boyd took his tally to six goals for the season' The Ayrshire Messi?? (tu)

SPL top scorers

16 Gary Hooper (Celtic)

Pretty sure he's scored 9 this season.

And no we wouldn't because at least we know Boyd could do the job at Rangers.

It's funny that Walter and his cautious approach got us far more success in Europe than Advocaat and Souness ever did.

With the quality in the Advocaat teams and the style of football we played at the time it was surprising how badly we did.

With the quality in the Advocaat teams and the style of football we played at the time it was surprising how badly we did.

We should have been in the later knockout stages at least with the squad we had with Dick and even Walter before he left first time.

SPL top scorers

16 Gary Hooper (Celtic)

It's October, compare Boyd with them in May. (tu)