Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

After seeing some video reviews and impressions of WWE2K16 I decided to pre order it last night.

Seems you have over 120 wrestlers (before DLC and not including the 4/5 versions of wrestlers) while the community creation is back for the first time this gen. Looks really detailed which is a huge plus after the woeful game last year. I like the fact there are loads of match types now and 3-4 main modes so wont go as stale as 15.

The loading screens now no longer taking part meaning you can attack your opponent as he is doing his entrance and ring taunt looks really good.

A while ago I bookmarked this thing on Reddit just to keep an eye on it then seen this post today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/3qoo08/pt_the_connections_to_metal_gear_solid/

Very interesting read if you're into MGS and like me are still raging that PT/Silent Hills got canned.

Only Kojima could pull of shit like this.

After seeing some video reviews and impressions of WWE2K16 I decided to pre order it last night.

Seems you have over 120 wrestlers (before DLC and not including the 4/5 versions of wrestlers) while the community creation is back for the first time this gen. Looks really detailed which is a huge plus after the woeful game last year. I like the fact there are loads of match types now and 3-4 main modes so wont go as stale as 15.

The loading screens now no longer taking part meaning you can attack your opponent as he is doing his entrance and ring taunt looks really good.

I wasn't sure you were a fan of WWE, Do you play it online with anyone you know?

Ok mate. Wee guy will love it then. A lot better than that shite last year? He barely ever played it at all

Yeah, more match types, more modes, about 3 times as many wrestlers.

They have brought back the community creation too so you can download wrestlers, storylines, PPV arenas, belts and all that like in the old games. Brining out a app for IOS and droid so you can upload your face and download it from the creation studio so you can use them in Mycareer.

They have changed the gameplay too with new systems for submissions plus being able to attack opponents during their entrances.

It's basically like the old games on PS3 but with outstanding graphics and new gameplay.

Yeah, more match types, more modes, about 3 times as many wrestlers.

They have brought back the community creation too so you can download wrestlers, storylines, PPV arenas, belts and all that like in the old games. Brining out a app for IOS and droid so you can upload your face and download it from the creation studio so you can use them in Mycareer.

They have changed the gameplay too with new systems for submissions plus being able to attack opponents during their entrances.

It's basically like the old games on PS3 but with outstanding graphics and new gameplay.

What's the career mode like?

What's the career mode like?

Not got to it yet.

Reviews do say it's revamped so now you don't have repetitive meaningless matches and it doesn't end after Wrestlemania. You can work your way to the hall of fame and challenge for different championships.

Universe mode has been revamped too.

Got 2k16, it is decent, but you wonder, if they can bring in all of these game-modes again, why can't they bring back special guest referee? That was one of the most fun!

Career mode is fun, except the accent your guy gets sounds just like the generic voice used in Family Guy...

Showcase mode is decent obviously because it's Austin, but it is pretty repetitive due to the exact same system last year.

In ring, it's fun though. I like the entrance break-outs, I like some of the more realistic animations and I like that the pace of matches has slowed.

Still a bit of a button masher but not quite as bad, more tactical with the reversal system changing now.

They shouldn't have taken out those things but for me I hardly played those type of matches so it wasn't a big deal for me but it is annoying game developers do this.

Showcase I enjoyed, good variety of matches to keep it interesting although fighting the same guy more than once is a bit meh. How ridiculous does the enforcer look who is meant to be Tyson? :lol:

I'm looking forward to the manager mode thing, looks different so will be something new to try.

I loved playing the Raw games on the playstation 2 during the Attitude era. I might get this new 2K game but i saw a video showing entrances etc and the graphics looked poor. What is the verdict of the graphics and do you feel that you will get your moneys worth in terms of hours played?