Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Per game. GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas are £12 each.

As BiB said.. even if you already own them digitally or on disc, Sony want you to pay again. Complete kick in the teeth given what Microsoft are doing with backwards compatibility..

thank fuck I've still got my old consoles and games

Ok, have to buy a console for Christmas present.

So Xbox One or PS4 and why?????

The amount of folk buying a PS4 who are Xone owners has surprised me.

My brother is getting one and wants the same games as he has on the Xone :lol: that's just daft IMO.

I don't see the point in owning both, unless you are someone who has tons of spare time on their hands.

The amount of folk buying a PS4 who are Xone owners has surprised me.

My brother is getting one and wants the same games as he has on the Xone :lol: that's just daft IMO.

I don't see the point in owning both, unless you are someone who has tons of spare time on their hands.

No point whatsoever imo,only reason I'd ever consider buying an XO is if it miraculously had 3 or 4 really good exclusives coming out,which I can't see happening as Playstation always ends up with the better games.

:lol:

I actually still have a PS2 but haven't turned it on in about a decade so doubt it will work.

TBH if you want to play PS2 games then get a PC/laptop and do it on that.

PS2 emulation on PC is still extremely buggy.. a lot of games just flat out don't work either.

They've added an ice hockey mode to Rocket League.. it's amazing

Ok, I'm downloading it when I get home Friday, that'll do.

Do you need online for it? I bought that Primal Carnage game and had to get the two day trial to try it before realising it was a bad purchase :(

Hideo Kojima has started his own studio, and is in talks with Sony to make games for PlayStation, according to a recent report from Japanese publication Nikkei.

The report, translated from the Japanese, follows Kojima's protracted departure from Konami, with the Metal Gear Solid creator reportedly leaving his long-time employer back in October, news which Konami then bizarrely denied. Earlier reports had suggested Kojima would be staying at Konami until his contract expired towards the end of the year - a point which has seemingly now passed, with the 15th December his final day.

The latter stages of Metal Gear Solid 5's development were riddled with drama, with Konami removing Kojima's name from marketing, closing his studio and, most recently, closing the LA studio that helped developing Phantom Pain's online mode. In the midst of all that, Silent Hills - a project being developed by Kojima in collaboration with Guillermo Del Toro - was also cancelled. Earlier this month, The Game Awards host Geoff Keighley suggested that Hideo Kojima was prohibited from attending the show by Konami.

The rights to Metal Gear Solid remain at Konami, so Kojima will be moving away from the series with which he's been so closely associated. We've asked Sony if it can shed any light at all on the report.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-15-report-kojima-starting-up-new-studio-in-talks-with-sony

Fantastic news for the PS4 if this is true.

:lol:

That looks like one of those shitey walking simulators you get on PC.

They'll charge 40 quid for it on PS4/Xbone and people will still buy it,unbelievable.

I doubt it will cost anywhere close to £40.

It's made by a small indie team so it will probably cost £15 at most. There's no plans for a physical version either.. Having looked into it a little further it looks like the game is being made on an engine similar to the one used in WWF No Mercy on the n64... so the retro look is intended.

I doubt it will cost anywhere close to £40.

It's made by a small indie team so it will probably cost £15 at most. There's no plans for a physical version either.. Having looked into it a little further it looks like the game is being made on an engine similar to the one used in WWF No Mercy on the n64... so the retro look is intended.

Oh well fair enough then (tu)

I doubt it will sell well even for that price.

Need to see more of it obviously but given the team who are on it I expect it to be very basic with very little content.

Hopefully it's at least enjoyable.

I'm more looking forward to UFC 2 which I hope is big improvement on its predecessor.

I doubt it will sell well even for that price.

Need to see more of it obviously but given the team who are on it I expect it to be very basic with very little content.

Hopefully it's at least enjoyable.

I'm more looking forward to UFC 2 which I hope is big improvement on its predecessor.

Depends how you define "sell well"..

They won't be expecting huge numbers nor are they trying to compete with WWE or UFC.. it's an extremely niche title that only fans of ICW will buy. That'll be the expectation and anything more than that will be a bonus.. It's a new studio trying something different, so all the best to them!

It's half as good as No Mercy then they'll do well by their standards!

I think it will be more Thunder than no mercy.

ECW had a game out and it may actually be quite like that given the mature certificate.

I will try it on steam before the consoles.

They've already stated the engine they are using for this is based on the one in No Mercy / WCW/nWo Revenge / Japan Pro Wrestling.

That ECW game was fucking terrible.. as was Warzone and Attitude.

They've already stated the engine they are using for this is based on the one in No Mercy/WCW Revenge/Japan Pro Wrestling.

Revenge played very different to No Mercy so I wouldn't be reading anything into that.

In any case No Mercy is very dated as are most of the old PS1/PS2 games. Nostalgia makes them seem better than what they are now compared to what we have IMO.