Dont you just love Ulster ?

D'Artagnan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of these dafties referred to me as a tarrier because I objected to the waving of an IRA flag on this site.

Now, there is logic and then there is logic and then there are dafties on RM.

I was nearly offended big chap :ulster:

..... . and one 4-4.

I'll interject here. If by IRA flag you mean the flag of a nation state (whether you like it or not) that has been hijacked by that vile organisation then you can easily go back to the thread and check my reasoning for not objecting to seeing it at Ibrox.

You may be surprised to learn that I am as pro Ulster as any and will uphold the Union at every turn. Having had several family members serve there at the height of the Troubles (one relation was even in the Black and Tans)I certainly have no love for those that would give Ulster away without a second thought. I am diametrically opposite to BP9 in my views but what I am able to do is to distinguish between a bunch of vile terrorist scumbags and the ordinary people of a nation who have no allegiance to them or that mhob across the city.

Maybe you despair that HM Forces are running a joint operation in Mali with troops from the country whose flag you, by your inference, allow terrorists to associate with themselves? You belittle the memory of men from that country who lost their lives at the hands of these scum and allow them to besmirch the memory of those men.

In much the same way as I would want the flag of my own country not to be associated with vile far right yobs I would hope that the flag of a nation state could be retrieved from those who seek their own gain from it. That's why I would not object to Jon Daly draping the flag of his home country round his shoulders when we complete stage 2.

Constantly bringing up what the bheasts do (or don't do) is nonsensical. Are we not bigger and better men than every one of them? Should we really take our lead from them or seek to set our standards in response to them? Lets set our actions with a look at what those whose memory bestrides this great club.

I am by no means as eloquent as D'Art but hopefully I have explained my position clearly.

It does not bear thinking about big chap.

The day that I see an Irish Tricolour accepted within the support is the day that I chuck it as it will be too far removed from our original identity for me to accept.

And exactly where in the story of the founding of our club do you find a reference to it being an anti-Catholic, pro-protestant semi-political institution. The identity you refer to arrived within our support at a later date. In a years time we will be remembering a century since the start of WWI, if our top scorer was German would you feel the same way about his flag if he was to wear it at the end of the season?

Between two world wars the German nation was responsible for the deaths of more British citizens than the Irish Republicans ever have. The struggle that is continuing in NI has these days pretty much become one centred in NI the Southern Irish state is more preoccupied with balancing the books than expanding into the north. That is not to say that there are many who live in the ROI who have not given up the fight and offer those in the north who share their views support. However if Daly like previous Rangers players from outside of Scotland wishes to wear his national flag in celebration of our winning yet another title what gives you or anybody the right to deny him. Do I have support for the political struggle faced by the UK citizens in NI? Yes I do, but I don't support the myth that Rangers were formed as some sort of icon of protestant unionism. Personally I don't think that the situation will actually arrive, but that says more about our support the it does Jon Daly. I wonder how the pre-offended would view it if he paraded wearing a Tricolour with a nice big Rangers crest right in the middle of it?

The songs video clips in this thread may have a link to a large number of the people who support Rangers, but they have no direct link to the club itself. For that reason I'm surprised that this is still in the Bears Den. After all a thread that was posted shedding light on how our club has been cheated on for years via the means of financial doping was deemed not to have a direct link to the club even though it may have cost us trophies and finance was moved only a matter of a couple of days ago.

And exactly where in the story of the founding of our club do you find a reference to it being an anti-Catholic, pro-protestant semi-political institution. The identity you refer to arrived within our support at a later date. In a years time we will be remembering a century since the start of WWI, if our top scorer was German would you feel the same way about his flag if he was to wear it at the end of the season?

Between two world wars the German nation was responsible for the deaths of more British citizens than the Irish Republicans ever have. The struggle that is continuing in NI has these days pretty much become one centred in NI the Southern Irish state is more preoccupied with balancing the books than expanding into the north. That is not to say that there are many who live in the ROI who have not given up the fight and offer those in the north who share their views support. However if Daly like previous Rangers players from outside of Scotland wishes to wear his national flag in celebration of our winning yet another title what gives you or anybody the right to deny him. Do I have support for the political struggle faced by the UK citizens in NI? Yes I do, but I don't support the myth that Rangers were formed as some sort of icon of protestant unionism. Personally I don't think that the situation will actually arrive, but that says more about our support the it does Jon Daly. I wonder how the pre-offended would view it if he paraded wearing a Tricolour with a nice big Rangers crest right in the middle of it?

The songs video clips in this thread may have a link to a large number of the people who support Rangers, but they have no direct link to the club itself. For that reason I'm surprised that this is still in the Bears Den. After all a thread that was posted shedding light on how our club has been cheated on for years via the means of financial doping was deemed not to have a direct link to the club even though it may have cost us trophies and finance was moved only a matter of a couple of days ago.

I would suspect it's the Bears Den because the opening post contains a video which contains images of Rangers players - that to me suggests a direct link to our club.

You never strike me as apathetic when you pop up so often some refer to your behaviour as trolling. Are those just days you are highly motivated ? :pipe:

Trolling is the personal insult used by those without the wit to argue their point and yet normally have high post counts!

As I have said before - it's sometimes tough being moderate with strong held opinions but I do try to avoid the personal insults. ( But sometimes fail in the face of much personal vitriolic aimed my way)

I'll interject here. If by IRA flag you mean the flag of a nation state (whether you like it or not) that has been hijacked by that vile organisation then you can easily go back to the thread and check my reasoning for not objecting to seeing it at Ibrox.

You may be surprised to learn that I am as pro Ulster as any and will uphold the Union at every turn. Having had several family members serve there at the height of the Troubles (one relation was even in the Black and Tans)I certainly have no love for those that would give Ulster away without a second thought. I am diametrically opposite to BP9 in my views but what I am able to do is to distinguish between a bunch of vile terrorist scumbags and the ordinary people of a nation who have no allegiance to them or that mhob across the city.

Maybe you despair that HM Forces are running a joint operation in Mali with troops from the country whose flag you, by your inference, allow terrorists to associate with themselves? You belittle the memory of men from that country who lost their lives at the hands of these scum and allow them to besmirch the memory of those men.

In much the same way as I would want the flag of my own country not to be associated with vile far right yobs I would hope that the flag of a nation state could be retrieved from those who seek there own gain from it. That's why I would not object to Jon Daly draping the flag of his home country round his shoulders when we complete stage 2.

Constantly bringing up what the bheasts do (or don't do) is nonsensical. Are we not bigger and better men than every one of them. Should we really take our lead from them or seek to set our standards in response to them? Lets set our actions with a look at what those whose memory bestrides this great club.

I am by no means as eloquent as D'Art but hopefully I have explained my position clearly.

Seems pretty eloquent to me - and more to the point, spot on.

Was Rangers founder not the son of a County Down lady, a Ulster Scot.

Brings a tear to the eye. The picture of Ally, gives us a reminder of just what a great Ranger he is. Then of course, the stab in the heart when I think of how much of our tradition that emanated from Ulster has been eroded, forgotten, even denied and decried by a significant number of the new breed of so called supporter. We are under attack from all comers, so at a time when we should be united, I witness the biggest division of our support ever. When one gives up their values and traditions you are on a path to being something else. Are we headed to be something else? Unless the silent majority begin to make a stand and speak out against our haters and the apologists and appeasers within our ranks, we will not be the Rangers we once were, but a sanitised, brainwashed, bunch of sad pc boring whingeing malcontents where FFS don't say the taig word, cause you mind offend a Rangers supporter!!!

Brings a tear to the eye. The picture of Ally, gives us a reminder of just what a great Ranger he is. Then of course, the stab in the heart when I think of how much of our tradition that emanated from Ulster has been eroded, forgotten, even denied and decried by a significant number of the new breed of so called supporter. We are under attack from all comers, so at a time when we should be united, I witness the biggest division of our support ever. When one gives up their values and traditions you are on a path to being something else. Are we headed to be something else? Unless the silent majority begin to make a stand and speak out against our haters and the apologists and appeasers within our ranks, we will not be the Rangers we once were, but a sanitised, brainwashed, bunch of sad pc boring whingeing malcontents where FFS don't say the taig word, cause you mind offend a Rangers supporter!!!

Have a wee look on the Jon Daly thread mate and you will see that there are dafties there now happy to wave a flag at Ibrox that has a very strong association with the ira.

This is how far the Rangers support has fallen.

Sad days indeed.

Have a wee look on the Jon Daly thread mate and you will see that there are dafties there now happy to wave a flag at Ibrox that has a very strong association with the ira.

This is how far the Rangers support has fallen.

Sad days indeed.

i had a quick look in that thread and seen they where throwing bait for you and you where taking it.