Winning the league

Frank Reynolds

Obviously, it's a given we're going to win the league, but when?

It was when people were talking about winning the league by Christmas, I started wondering is that likely?

If we continue as we are, best case scenario is by Christmas we have 54 points (57 if Boxing Day goes well)

At what point do we consider it won?

It was when people were talking about winning the league by Christmas, I started wondering is that likely?

If we continue as we are, best case scenario is by Christmas we have 54 points (57 if Boxing Day goes well)

Before it kicked off.

When its mathematically impossible for another team to compete

Played 11 so far and 14 points clear. For arguments sake we win the next 11 games and the gap doubles to 28 points. That takes us to the 25th of Jan with the next fixtures being played on the 1st of Feb.

There would be 14 games to play so 42 up for grabs. So by my very rough calculations, not allowing for Cup games, re-arranged fixtures etc. if we keep winning every game the soonest we could clinch the league would be the 15th of Feb.

Obviously it's a guess on how many points everyone else would drop but I think that's fairly realistic.