What is the best atmosphere

topgoalie

What is the best and most intimated atmosphere you have encountered following the Gers outside the old firm games.

Personally I think the first game in the Souness era in our league campaign takes some beating.Away at Easter Road ,with Everyone booked but Rough,and Souness sent off,the atmosphere was electric,then we had our title win at Pittodrie,to finish the season.They are my picks.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the best and most intimated atmosphere you have encountered following the Gers outside the old firm games.

Personally I think the first game in the Souness era in our league campaign takes some beating.Away at Easter Road ,with Everyone booked but Rough,and Souness sent off,the atmosphere was electric,then we had our title win at Pittodrie,to finish the season.They are my picks.....

I remember the Stuttgart fans being brilliant when they came to Ibrox in 2009, so loud it wasn't even funny, they had about half of the Broomloan Front too. Panathinaikos were good too.

From our fans, possibly when we went to Celtic Park in 2010 having already won the league, whole game was just a party despite the result and the toothless performance on the park

Just as a general answer I liked the old terracing Rangers end ( Section J was my lucky one ) at Hampden for big games. Every time Rangers scored a big cloud of dust would engulf you. On hot days you'ld walk out there manky. !

More specifically there's been so many , but Leeds at Ibrox for the Battle of Britain springs to mind.

Would have to say the sheep twice, once when fernando got jumped , and the 2nd when it all kicked off up there and the players went off with big amo pleading for us to calm down, before he came back on and smacked in the winner.there were a good few hundred bears ready to fuckin charge that night, was only the fact that there were 3500 bears between them and the sheep that they didnt.The cowardly mutton molesters knew it as well, pickin on old men, as far away as possible from our real lads as possible.

Fuckin despise Aberdeen.But they could never ever aspire to be on the same hatred level i have for the east end tramps,and that drives them fuckin mental,as they know we see them as insignificant cunts, and they see us as their everything. sad wankers.

No Surrender

Rab

Honestly think that Easter Road for Souness first league game in charge was the most intimidating game following the Gers.The sheer terror that insued after the game was unreal.I have been to dozens of old firm games,but because of the onfield going on,it escalated outside after.The game that we clinched the title at Pittodrie was unreal as well,maybe because I was decked out in the colours up the Aberdeen end.....

Thought you meant scotland only, if not Feyenoord and Paris.

No Surrender

Rab

Fck sake Rab,I was just going to say that I interacted with Rab Wilson about this...great Rangers minds think alike..WATP big man,was going to go into detail about the aftermath,but then you already know that..WATP big man....

Fck sake Rab,I was just going to say that I interacted with Rab Wilson about this...great Rangers minds think alike..WATP big man,was going to go into detail about the aftermath,but then you already know that..WATP big man....

I thought both those nights were my date with destiny TG, defo thought i would meet my maker inside the De Kuip, if it hadnt have been for a gang of Rangers headbangers i would have got fucked up badly, and my cousin.

In Paris, apart from the fuckin moroccans, the scariest part of that night was our bus pulling into Antwerp at 2 in the morning, going for a slash at the services surrounded by fuckin hells angels in the bog.i was fuckin shitting myself man, and i thought, any second now and im fucked,i turned away, stared at the floor expecting to be set about as i did.instead i heard: heh, fuckin scottish, lucky you are fuckin WASP and not fuckin sheltik huh?walk fast lucky guy.

Walk fast? i ran like fuck onto the coach ha ha ha

No Surrender

Rab

Paris was fuckin freezing. That's my main memory.

Would have to say the sheep twice, once when fernando got jumped , and the 2nd when it all kicked off up there and the players went off with big amo pleading for us to calm down, before he came back on and smacked in the winner.there were a good few hundred bears ready to fuckin charge that night, was only the fact that there were 3500 bears between them and the sheep that they didnt.The cowardly mutton molesters knew it as well, pickin on old men, as far away as possible from our real lads as possible.

Fuckin despise Aberdeen.But they could never ever aspire to be on the same hatred level i have for the east end tramps,and that drives them fuckin mental,as they know we see them as insignificant cunts, and they see us as their everything. sad wankers.

No Surrender

Rab

being honest, i've grown to hate the sheep just as much as the scum

I thought both those nights were my date with destiny TG, defo thought i would meet my maker inside the De Kuip, if it hadnt have been for a gang of Rangers headbangers i would have got fucked up badly, and my cousin.

In Paris, apart from the fuckin moroccans, the scariest part of that night was our bus pulling into Antwerp at 2 in the morning, going for a slash at the services surrounded by fuckin hells angels in the bog.i was fuckin shitting myself man, and i thought, any second now and im fucked,i turned away, stared at the floor expecting to be set about as i did.instead i heard: heh, fuckin scottish, lucky you are fuckin WASP and not fuckin sheltik huh?walk fast lucky guy.

Walk fast? i ran like fuck onto the coach ha ha ha

No Surrender

Rab

This its what its all about Rab,a distraction from all this boardroom shite that we have to put up with.Good to see you are still posting,because I am fckn sick of all the so called accountants on here ......

being honest, i've grown to hate the sheep just as much as the scum

Funnily enough Rino,Wully said the same thing to me when we spoke, each to their own and i respect both of your opinions, but i would like to ask in what sense? for their support,or the club?

The shell suit wearing irish fraternity from the east end win hands down for me. I hate everything about them as a package.

The Sheep?The 150 that never show at ibrox is about it, when they do show they have to bring other wankers from other clubs to hit people outside the subway, then get fuckin spanked all over the place when the boys turn up and hide behind the polis dancin like torvil and dean as always.Apart from that, as with the rest in scotland, the club is shite, that is a mere irritation that we have to use a kleenex to wipe it off our shoes sometimes, they will never ever be more than that.

No Surrender

Rab

Funnily enough Rino,Wully said the same thing to me when we spoke, each to their own and i respect both of your opinions, but i would like to ask in what sense? for their support,or the club?

The shell suit wearing irish fraternity from the east end win hands down for me. I hate everything about them as a package.

The Sheep?The 150 that never show at ibrox is about it, when they do show they have to bring other wankers from other clubs to hit people outside the subway, then get fuckin spanked all over the place when the boys turn up and hide behind the polis dancin like torvil and dean as always.Apart from that, as with the rest in scotland, the club is shite, that is a mere irritation that we have to use a kleenex to wipe it off our shoes sometimes, they will never ever be more than that.

No Surrender

Rab

it's their fans that i fucking despise. whenever i hear disgusting references to the ibrox disaster, ricksen, davie cooper etc, it's more likely to be a sheep fan rather than a tim nowadays. Don't get me wrong, i absolutely despise tims, but theres something about aberdeen fans (maybe cos i live amongst quite alot of them) that i really hate. They're absolute scum.

Elland Road , Nov 1992 v Leeds. Officially no away fans allowed but 4 of us got in , split into two pairs. That was a fecking intense night trying to contain myself.Atmosphere was hostile , certainly in the build up.

Ps Dublin , Sept 1984 v Bohemians at Dalymount Park. That was quite an occasion too , including the travel from the North and back.