Sports Personality 2013

LucyBlue

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

In 1992 Britain had the world champions in the two most prestigious individual events in world sport, the Olympic 100 metres and the world heavyweight champion. First time in decades going back in history that British sportsman had won either.

So who won it that year between those two ? Neither, a guy who sat in a car and drove it around in circles won in 1992.

Can't account for Christie (although he was a bit of a prick, especially to interviewers, so maybe the BBC blackballed him), but didn't people think of Lennox as being more Canadian than British at that point? Was never a home favourite.

Oh, and it was only 12 years since Allan Wells had won the 100m Olympic gold.

This Hillsborough issue that seems to be getting dragged up all the time is really annoying me now, you don't hear other clubs going on about disasters that have happened in their stadiums. Where's the justice for the Juve fans at Heysel? That is pretty conveniently swept under the carpet.

This Hillsborough issue that's seems to be evergoing is really annoying me now, you don't hear other clubs going on about disasters that have happened in their stadiums. Where's the justice for the Juve fans at Heysel? That is pretty conveniently swept under the carpet.

I don't think there was ever a coverup concerning Heysel.

This Hillsborough issue that seems to be getting dragged up all the time is really annoying me now, you don't hear other clubs going on about disasters that have happened in their stadiums. Where's the justice for the Juve fans at Heysel? That is pretty conveniently swept under the carpet.

My thoughts exactly mate.

No, but it's pretty hypocritical the way Liverpool fans speak about the Hillsborough disaster while never mentioning the one they caused.

I don't really see how, you can't tar all fans with the same brush and the point of Hillsborough dragging on so long is the police covering up the fact they were to blame.

One has nothing to do with the other. The fact that it took decades to get to the truth is a disgrace. That it is finally in the public eye is only fair.

The final piece is for those responsible to face justice.

That SPOTY chooses to recognise one of the campaigners and by default all of them is right for a sports review.

On the one hand you've got hooligan scum being hooligan scum. Open and shut case. Fourteen fans were convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

On the other hand you've got a large-scale police cover-up, with government collusion. Not exactly the same situation.