Hull City Name Change

Mor3los_1

Outrageous.

Ray Wilkins talking about it on Sky Sports went down in my estimation too. Basically saying the owners bought the club, it's theirs, they should do what they want with it.

Like the sellic fans, he's another who doesn't seem to understand the meaning of a football club.

Ray Wilkins is just a daft bastard, in fairness. He sounds quite intelligent because he sounds a bIt gay but he really isn't.

Outrageous.

Ray Wilkins talking about it on Sky Sports went down in my estimation too. Basically saying the owners bought the club, it's theirs, they should do what they want with it.

Like the sellic fans, he's another who doesn't seem to understand the meaning of a football club.

One thing SDM did get right was when he described himself as the "custodian" of Rangers FC. The man who happens to be in ownership of a club at that particular time in its history.

Ray Wilkins is just a daft bastard, in fairness. He sounds quite intelligent because he sounds a bIt gay but he really isn't.

he is just another cnut out to make money from football and he doesn't care about clubs: their histories and traditions and their fans

A very historical City with fine people and in much need of investment.

William of Orange landed there and I'm glad he did.

I feel for the Hull fans after having to move to a new stadium and uproot them this name change.

Good post.

Worked for 5 years in Hull, half within 100 yds of King William's statue.

It's better than you think.

Hull fans were singing 'We'll die when we want' yesterday, apparently!

• 2 weeks later...

chairman pushes on with name change :(

Hull City: Hull Tigers name change submitted to FA

Hull City have formally applied to the Football Association to change the club's name to Hull Tigers from next season.

Owner Assem Allam wants to rebrand the Premier League club to appeal to a wider international audience.

Allam announced in August that the company name had already been changed to Hull City Tigers.

Unhappy Hull supporters have set up the "City Till We Die" protest group to oppose the plans.Chairman .

Hope it doesn't go through as been known as Hull City AFC since its formation in 1904 and hopefully the quicker this chairman fucks off the better.