Lee Wallace

Johnny Hubbard

This seems an opportunity for Sellick to test our resolve and show their currently greater financial power, at the same time embarrassing us. Also offer a guarantee on European football and titles for the next year of two. Wonder if PL would try and capitalise on our current predicament , embarrass us and make good PR at the same time with the hoardes. Deflect a bit from a Euro exit and fan troubles. Would we refuse a multimillion pound offer from them on a player that is undoubtedly too good for where he is at present and is probably our best player? It would not surprise me if Liewell and Lennon concocted something in the form of an 'interest'.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems an opportunity for Sellick to test our resolve and show their currently greater financial power, at the same time embarrassing us. Also offer a guarantee on European football and titles for the next year of two. Wonder if PL would try and capitalise on our current predicament , embarrass us and make good PR at the same time with the hoardes. Deflect a bit from a Euro exit and fan troubles. Would we refuse a multimillion pound offer from them on a player that is undoubtedly too good for where he is at present and is probably our best player? It would not surprise me if Liewell and Lennon concocted something in the form of an 'interest'.

Interesting. That would cause a bit of havoc to be honest. Hope that never happens.

Can't see it. As I said before, he's apparently a bit of a homebody and has a young family. Don't think he'd make such a move, regardless of if the club wanted a deal to happen, as he knows his life wouldn't be worth living up here

No way would they buy a player off us. They already struggle to get people through the door, they would desert in their thousands if that were to happen.

In saying that, they hate us that much that they would probably get a full house just so they could boo him.

If he doesn't ask to go mate we still need to pay up his contract. I never knew that's what happened till a deal last year revealed that's what happens

This isnt right mate.

There are probably cases when the player agrees to it, because it is a fantastic deal, but its not a rule.

Rangers could not agree to sell him to say Blackpool and then pay up his contract and force him to move. This would be akin to slavery (although very highly paid slaves!).

The club has to ask the player "How much £££ for you to move to these guys?", the player negotiates the price and the deal can be concluded.

If the player says "Im not moving there, I dont care what you pay me!", then the deal is off. They could always release him by paying up his contract, but there would be no incoming transfer fee and he would be free to move anywhere.

He's our best player and chose to stay with us because of his family, I can't see any reason he'd want to leave either unless the club forces him out.

There'd be absolutely no reason for us to sell him unless a crazy offer came in. No one will like to admit this but if we do sell, it'll only be because the club has spunked money away on directors, the managers wages etc

I would be gutted to lose him, but at the same time I wouldn't begrudge him a move.

He did the right thing by the club when others left and he really deserves to be playing at a far higher level than what we can offer him at the moment.

I agree he's our top dog at the moment and I'm fairly sure he'd like to stay with us. Probably, it would be the board that would sell him and I wouldn't let him go for less than 7mill. As said earlier, there's silly money down south and if we were to let someone of Lee Wallace's quality go, we must make them pay or it. The fucking board don't seem to how to make money, except for themselves that is.

I can understand why other clubs would want Wallace and the media are more than likely to speculate, but why does it have to be the BBC that starts the speculation? I suspect they'll claim they do cover Rangers stories, but why can't they cover the positive ones. It's always board room shenanigans, or this type of speculation.

There was not one word of Rangers winning 20 in a row after the Forfar game on the following Tuesday.

I agree he's our top dog at the moment and I'm fairly sure he'd like to stay with us. Probably, it would be the board that would sell him and I wouldn't let him go for less than 7mill. As said earlier, there's silly money down south and if we were to let someone of Lee Wallace's quality go, we must make them pay or it. The fucking board don't seem to how to make money, except for themselves that is.

I can understand why other clubs would want Wallace and the media are more than likely to speculate, but why does it have to be the BBC that starts the speculation? I suspect they'll claim they do cover Rangers stories, but why can't they cover the positive ones. It's always board room shenanigans, or this type of speculation.

There was not one word of Rangers winning 20 in a row after the Forfar game on the following Tuesday.

It wasn't the bbc, it was our own website. Dickson wrote an article about it, the bbc discussed said article out out there by ourselves. hence the wonderment from some as to why we are even putting that out there

It wasn't the bbc, it was our own website. Dickson wrote an article about it, the bbc discussed said article out out there by ourselves. hence the wonderment from some as to why we are even putting that out there

It's a strange one, there's been much more media speculation about players in the past and we've never had such an article on the official website

It's a strange one, there's been much more media speculation about players in the past and we've never had such an article on the official website

Indeed. Said as much to Dickson earlier on twitter. He claimed they were addressing speculation and seemed to baulk at the idea that there wasn't really any speculation, claiming just because I hadn't noticed it, didn't mean it hasn't happened...hmmm. I'd suggest there has been more in thine last few hours as a result of it. Pretty daft (and potentially concerning)

Indeed. Said as much to Dickson earlier on twitter. He claimed they were addressing speculation. I'd suggest there has been more in thine last few hours as a result of it. Pretty daft

I've heard speculation myself but more in private conversation than much through the media, internet etc.

I've heard speculation myself but more in private conversation than much through the media, internet etc.

Aye, there's been the folk on forums who tell you x, y and z are going/will be signing, as hey do every single window. Other than that, there's been very little I've noticed

Tom & Derek mentioned during the last Rangers TV broadcast that offers will be coming in for Wallace in January. Obviously people working closely with the club are hearing things & give credit to Dickson on addressing it (whatever the motive may be). It seems unavoidable that players like Wallace & Lewis MacLeod will bring in offers.

Now it'll be interesting to see what the club does --- take the money & run? or keep a player that was loyal to the club in its darkest days?

Two things bother me about this. 1, I would prefer Wallace to continue with us and play again for Rangers in the top league. 2, I had hoped we had seen the end of our best players leaving in January, half way through a season; it is irritating to have a settled side and then the usual speculation in December, with the sale done at the very last minute in January. This is the one thing I hope is not going to part of Rangers in the future.