Mike Tyson Knockouts

Fiogh

I never forget going to watch this fight at my Grandads when I was only 10 years old, we had planned it for weeks and he had bought in juice and crisps for me and a few beers and a steak pie for himself. The fight lasted 91 seconds :box::lol:

Beast of a fighter in his prime and gave me that cracking memory of me and the old fella in stunned silence then uncontrollable laughter at our Sunday being ruined.

Fascinating fighter. People always say "he would have been the greatest if it wasn't for blah blah" etc, but Douglas battered him in his prime, so it's not really as simple as that.

It's fair to say that his period of dominance coincided with a relatively lean era for heavyweights. The biggest name he ever took was Holmes, who wasn't exactly shot but he was certainly getting on a bit, and obviously not prepared for Tyson's speed.

I must be one of the only people that think Tyson was overrated. Yes he could knock out a horse, but I don't understand why people think he is one of the greatest ever. He lost to better boxers in Lewis and Holyfield.

Plus he was a bit of a knob!

I must be one of the only people that think Tyson was overrated. Yes he could knock out a horse, but I don't understand why people think he is one of the greatest ever. He lost to better boxers in Lewis and Holyfield.

get tae ur fucking bed ya chugger :lol:

Overrated :lol:

Think anybody that actually follows the sport agrees hes overrated.

He lost to Lewis when he was old and shit. I'm not saying Lewis wasn't better than him, but what Lewis did to Tyson is no different from what Tyson did to Larry Holmes, and Holmes was better than Lewis.

People think he was one of the greatest ever because he annihilated champions in a way that nobody annihilated champions, before or since. He retired a previously undefeated Michael Spinks. Retired him with a first round KO.

:lol: who did he beat that was any good? He lost to every world class fighter he faced.

The only people who bang on about how great he was are Americans and people who know fuck all about boxing.

Pre-jail alone he beat seven current or former world champions, including two all-time greats in Holmes and Spinks. Not only that but he destroyed them.

At 23 his CV was comparable to Salvador Sanchez at Featherweight, in terms of big names taken at a ridiculously early age. Nobody denies that Sanchez is an all-time great, and because he died he never fought again, never had the chance to lose. If Tyson had died at 23, people would be saying he was the greatest heavyweight of all time, because of the way he beat every champion and contender. You can't only focus on the losses and not the wins.

Whatever went wrong for him is hard to explain, but the idea that he didn't beat anybody is ridiculous.

Pre-jail alone he beat seven current or former world champions, including two all-time greats in Holmes and Spinks. Not only that but he destroyed them.

At 23 his CV was comparable to Salvador Sanchez at Featherweight, in terms of big names taken at a ridiculously early age. Nobody denies that Sanchez is an all-time great, and because he died he never fought again, never had the chance to lose. If Tyson had died at 23, people would be saying he was the greatest heavyweight of all time, because of the way he beat every champion and contender. You can't only focus on the losses and not the wins.

Whatever went wrong for him is hard to explain, but the idea that he didn't beat anybody is ridiculous.

Ok, maybe I was slightly harsh on his record. I think tysons problem was tyson himself.

When Cus D'Amato died so did a big part of Tyson. In the early days he was quiet, polite and very respectful to his peers. He was and still is an expert in the history of boxing. His knowledge of the games fighters is second to none.

When his "dad" died Tyson went off the rails and so did his career.

A frightening talent at such a young age ruined by many things including the gangster and biggest conman of the lot Don King.