Tom English dig at McCoist

WilliamFyfe

Why do some fans really care what this cretin has to say or write about us? He blatantly hates us and loves stirring up shit.

I can't really be bothered dissecting his whole nonsensical article. It would take too long. However, the biggest issue for me is why is he even writing such an article now? This subject is so old news and has already been covered many many times. It is not really worth debating anymore in my opinion. For me it's gone. History. No one expected these guys to stay. All we wanted was some form of loyalty and financial recompense. There's no doubt, as hard as it is to say, these guys were always good enough to pick up another decent club without any problems. Sitting out a little longer like Broadfoot would have made very little difference to them, and they would have left heroes. They didn't though so fuck them. And fuck English for regurgitating old news for no reason at all other than being a shit stirring knob!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of these players agents were urging them to not sign over, they had their pick of clubs and no doubt little sweetners because they were essentially bosmans.

If dealings with Green or other problems were huge factors then I wouldn't expect guys like Wallace, Alexander, Jig, Edu, Boca ect to transfer over.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with the article .A common statement from the players who left was that there was no contact from anyone at Ibrox and that would appear to include Ally perhaps if there had been some of the players might have stayed and Rangers might have got transfer fees for some of them , but this was never part of Charlie's plans he clearly was looking short term and wanted them off the payroll. Some people seem to look at the author of the article rather than the content

:lol:

Fuck what Green did. These are Rangers men, the fact the club didn't contact them is irrelevant, I notice they don't say they reached out to the club or instructed their agents to do so?! Strange.

Did we merit the press conference from 2 players who were fucking nobodies until Rangers gave them a platform?

and also sanction the new contract offers to both Alexander and Wallace after the TUPE event too.

Under TUPE the existing contract has to be honoured if an employee wishes to transfer over to the new company , so it would be unlikely that there would have been a new contract merely a continuation of the existing one

:lol:

Fuck what Green did. These are Rangers men, the fact the club didn't contact them is irrelevant, I notice they don't say they reached out to the club or instructed their agents to do so?! Strange.

Did we merit the press conference from 2 players who were fucking nobodies until Rangers gave them a platform?

See I wouldn’t care so much if these baw bags just told the truth instead of peddling that pish line that “ They are fans and love the club”. They took the money and ran, in Whittaker and Naismith’s case sprinted.

Fucking hell, I'm astounded at how easily this has been swept aside.

He's more or less spoke the truth-with the exception of him saying ally is peddling greens words.

The amount of people who jumped on the bandwagon regarding players leaving without trying to get a fee is in unbelievable whilst they have no knowledge of how things went on.

Regardless of how many people would say they would have reacted differently in the cicumstances-risking their career effectively by taking on the uncertainty of their futures for "their love of the club", I disagree massively.

Under TUPE the existing contract has to be honoured if an employee wishes to transfer over to the new company , so it would be unlikely that there would have been a new contract merely a continuation of the existing one

Proving there was absolutely no reason for the cunts to walk as they would have continued to get their big wages paid

Yeah big bad green made them think with their pockets!

I hated green and was very vocal about it but I still scrapped every penny I could and bought a ST because it was clear the club needed us.

You players put yourself before the club who in many instances stood by you as players whether you were injured more than you played or not hitting the form expected. All you had to do in the end was sign over and ask for a transfer.Other players did it you were the traitors who listened to financial motivation instead.

You will be hated by this supporter until the day you or i die.

Pathetic seeing people trying to stick up for the traitors on here.

Naismith and Ness must have spent years between then sitting in the stands earning wages for nothing then as soon as Rangers needed a bit of help off them they turned their backs on us and choose an inflated signing on bonus instead.

Worse than taigs the players who left us.

Fucking hell, I'm astounded at how easily this has been swept aside.

He's more or less spoke the truth-with the exception of him saying ally is peddling greens words.

The amount of people who jumped on the bandwagon regarding players leaving without trying to get a fee is in unbelievable whilst they have no knowledge of how things went on.

Regardless of how many people would say they would have reacted differently in the cicumstances-risking their career effectively by taking on the uncertainty of their futures for "their love of the club", I disagree massively.

Your post is a tad contradictory. You say English is more or less speaking the truth yet in paragraph 3 you accuse many fans of jumping on a bandwagon of untruths? What is it to be or do you know all the facts?

I don't believe any fans are jumping on any bandwagon. I also don't think most fans expected these guys to stay. I certainly didn't. They were too good for the lower divisions and for the sake of their careers they were always going to move on. However, they were ALWAYS going to get a move to a considerably decent team and earn a considerable amount of money (on top of the money we had kindly given to them during their stay at Ibrox, a lot of which was when they were on the treatment table, especially Naismith!). No one can surely say that is not true? Whittaker, McGregor and Naismith especially were continually linked to England and Turkey and would have got a good move even if they stayed a little longer with us. As mentioned in a previous post all I wanted was a bit of loyalty and financial recompense. I really don't think we were asking that much from them and no amount of sob stories about how difficult it was will make me feel any different.

And because you have more posts your opinion is more valid than others yes?

No even high posters can post the sort of bollocks you have, the law of averages dictates that, its when the percentage of bollocks to rational thought is outweighed then it becomes an issue.

I'm aware of that - but that's not the point

And because you have more posts your opinion is more valid than others yes?

so how did players like Edu know what to do? How did they manage to get over their concerns? I will give you a clue its called a backbone or in other words integrity.

Why would players be concerned about receiving their wages had they ever bounced before? The answer is no they hadn't. They allowed themselves to be convinced otherwise without proof or evidence.

We were all left in the same situation not knowing what would happen and when, the players decision to leave to serve their own interest would obviously heap more pain and misery onto their loyal support they decided that was okay, not us. Couldn't get a cleaner definition of traitor

I now don't like green but tell me was it Charles green who sat Naismith and Whittaker in front of a camera and told them to say what they did that day?

"It's not the same club" "we have no loyalty to sevco"

Fuck them, wee fucking arseholes