Tom English dig at McCoist

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one I've ever read who seemed to struggle with his conscience was mcgregor, that doesn't excuse what he done but at least it's an acknowledgment.

Edu, goian, bocanegra, broadfoot never seemed to have any bother with it and were all moved on. If they 4 got clubs then I'm sure players like ness, Davis, Naismith wouldn't have struggled.

I wouldn't be surprised if green was an arse about it but it's not like they'd have been forced to remain for life.

That's it in one mate.....Broadfoot managed to get a good move to Blackpool, edu, bedoya etc all got moves after doing the decent thing! Nobody expected any of them to stay and play in sfl3....I doubt we could have afforded them anyway but what they could have done by tupeing over was give the club the chance to get evens small fee for them which would have helped!

They are now all desperately trying to take the moral high ground by blaming the board but a little bit of loyalty/respect is all we asked for!

With the exception of mcgregor and Davis none of the rest are getting much game time and will slowly fall down the football ladder and be playing for the likes if st mirren in a few years.

The only one I've ever read who seemed to struggle with his conscience was mcgregor, that doesn't excuse what he done but at least it's an acknowledgment.

Edu, goian, bocanegra, broadfoot never seemed to have any bother with it and were all moved on. If they 4 got clubs then I'm sure players like ness, Davis, Naismith wouldn't have struggled.

I wouldn't be surprised if green was an arse about it but it's not like they'd have been forced to remain for life.

McGregor had been at Ibrox for over 10 years so this is perhaps why. Excluding Ness and McCabe the rest were there for the money.

Sorry but I don't see anything wrong with this article. The players who left were not traitors or anything like that. If they hadn't played for Rangers none of us would ever have said they were. What particular parts of the article do you all object to? Viewed objectively there is nothing there to complain about and it sums things up a bit better than Ally's constant playing to the gallery.

Sorry but I don't see anything wrong with this article. The players who left were not traitors or anything like that. If they hadn't played for Rangers none of us would ever have said they were. What particular parts of the article do you all object to? Viewed objectively there is nothing there to complain about and it sums things up a bit better than Ally's constant playing to the gallery.

What?

Are you serious or just on the wind up or actually worse....

If they hadn't played they would never have left.

Anyhow Tom English is obsessed with Rangers and will use every opportunity to put his negative views across. I bet he wasn't at the AGM so why then write about it?

You one of their agents by any chance?

:shifty:

I agree that there is nothing wrong with the article .A common statement from the players who left was that there was no contact from anyone at Ibrox and that would appear to include Ally perhaps if there had been some of the players might have stayed and Rangers might have got transfer fees for some of them , but this was never part of Charlie's plans he clearly was looking short term and wanted them off the payroll. Some people seem to look at the author of the article rather than the content

I agree that there is nothing wrong with the article .A common statement from the players who left was that there was no contact from anyone at Ibrox and that would appear to include Ally perhaps if there had been some of the players might have stayed and Rangers might have got transfer fees for some of them , but this was never part of Charlie's plans he clearly was looking short term and wanted them off the payroll. Some people seem to look at the author of the article rather than the content

That's bollocks. Why was Green happy to keep big earners like Alexander, McCulloch and Wallace on then?

A pile of tosh written by a man known for writing tosh. Nobody expected these players to stay, we knew we could not afford them and they have every right to be ambitious. But, we had every right to expect them to be assets and allow the club to get some value for them. It is quite correct to say they were opportunists, they got inflated signing on fees while the club obtained no value. For me they should be wiped from the history of our club completely and referred to as trialists. I do not have the words to describe my dislike and contempt of these traitors.

Those traitors who did jump ship,are nothing short of judas fuckers! Ally was quite right to have a go at them- they let him down badly as well.

Boo hoo they took a paycut blah blah fukin blah.. they were still paid far more than any of us could ever dream about. I still believe footballers now look after only their bank balances, prestige and trophies are a secondary hazard now i'm afraid.

Fuck them all.

Pile of shite.

Why did we keep on other high earners like Jig, Wallace, Alexander, Edu, Goain, Boca?

If Green was looking to cut costs and bleed as much money as possible then these players agreeing to contract over would have been the way to do it.

We lost millions because of selfish pricks who had zero thought for our club.

Can't believe some on here are defending English and the traitors.

edu boca broadfoot etc got decent moves after tupe are we to believe the likes of naismith and mcgreggor would have struggled?

Lot of shite, they only bothered about themselves and what they could get out of the situation. And I'm sick of reading the likes of naismith in the papers, he should keep his mouth shut where Rangers are concerned

The problem is tom English is not looking at it objectively! He is taking the extreme version on it that they are traitors for not staying when in reality nobody expected them to stay but just to show some respect and honour to the club and fans by giving us the chance to get a small fee for their services! The reality is they left the way they did to get an increased signing on fee thereby depriving the club!

Godfather, can't quote yae on phone, I never meant green was an arse in letting them go, I meant he maybe wasn't the best to deal with in terms of the tupe thing! I can only go on that from what I was told by the boy I know at the club mind you