Sons of Strewth - a shot across their bows

Carsons Dog

Is the inference here that this is the case? that in this clusterfĂșck of smear and innuendo, there is a Watergate waiting to burst onto our Proddy screens?

Lets not be naive. If someone has major proof on Rangers, there isnt a paper in the land wouldn't sook yer bawbag dry to put the boot into us.

No inference here on this issue, Something different and on a smaller scale than claims that directors are laundering money.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gogzy, I'm not on Craig Houston's e-mail distribution list, so I can't I can't provide documentary proof that the e-mails were sent at the times he stated on the SOS Facebook page, but he's closed it down for now, citing those e-mails as the reason.

If you have proof that this isn't the case, please spill the beans.

i dont need to prove anything, I am not the one making accusations.

I take it from the nonsensical answers that my question about the Board's involvement in closing down RTC & CF will remain unanswered.

You are a fĂșcking bumper!! hahahahahahahahaha prove that you cant prove that something that might be provable needs to be proved if you can prove it?

Christ you need to get back to bothering sheep somewhere!!

hahahahahaha...

He said "Board members" in the post you presented to me, I never replied to that post. My question was in reply to his later post which had changed "Board members" to just "The board".

Fair enough, although I said, "Don't know what provocation there has been mate, and I know you said in your initial post "Board Members" rather than "Board"."

Referring explicitly to his initial post, I never read any of his later posts.

All I was bothered about was his arrogant smartarse tone, which is all too prevalent these days.

I take it from the nonsensical answers that my question about the Board's involvement in closing down RTC & CF will remain unanswered.

I answered your question. Have you incontrovertible proof that the board did nothing? A simple No will do!

On a separate note, it is interesting that RTC was using the word so beloved of SoS as far back as May (I'm sure you can guess the word)! I wonder if there is a connection its certainly not a very Scottish term to use? Maybe certain characters are not such big Rangers men after all?

i dont need to prove anything, I am not the one making accusations.

The first line of your post asked, 'What proof do we have that lawyers letters were sent out at the back of nine at night and the back of seven in the morning ?'

Sorry if I've misread it, but it seems that it's OK to ask for proof to back up an opinion if it complies with the RM consensus, but otherwise I have to 'prove that I cant prove that something that might be provable needs to be proved if I can prove it'. Sorry for the gobbledygook - I was paraphrasing the erudite Mr Curtis.

TheLawMan, in Post 79 responded to my initial post (Post 72) by saying, 'RTC was shut down. Fakes has constantly been getting shut down. McConville had summons arriving at his door on a number of occassions. Dont let the facts get in the way of a good rant though.' The inference being that the Board were instrumental in these events.

GetStiffed, in Post 88 wrote, 'Details, please of the boards actions in bringing these events involving the SOS to fruition.' I responded in the following post by saying, 'Levy McRae (the Easdales legal representatives) have posted 14 emails to Craig Houston in the last 24 hours - some outside normal business hours.'

Facts are great - let's have some. What did the Board do to shut down RTC and CF ? I don't know, but I'd like someone (anyone) to tell me. Back up your opinions with facts.

P.S. IanCurtis, I'm still waiting on that penile extension fishing rod.

Wherr have I asked you to prove an opinion.

the Lawyers letters at half nine and seven in the morning are being passed off as fact.

when things are being passed off as facts, i think its fair to ask for proof.

you have also misunderstood who i was asking for proof I was referring to thr SoS to back it up, not you. :).

Fair enough, although I said, "Don't know what provocation there has been mate, and I know you said in your initial post "Board Members" rather than "Board"."

Referring explicitly to his initial post, I never read any of his later posts.

All I was bothered about was his arrogant smartarse tone, which is all too prevalent these days.

And I was simply pointing to you the difference between the post of his you quoted and the one that I replied to.

One has board members, one has The board.

Big difference, which I am sure he is aware of.

Wherr have I asked you to prove an opinion.

the Lawyers letters at half nine and seven in the morning are being passed off as fact.

when things are being passed off as facts, i think its fair to ask for proof.

you have also misunderstood who i was asking for proof I was referring to thr SoS to back it up, not you. :).

Doesn't an opinion become fact with the presentation of proof.

Still though, the tarriers are going bust very soon. Happy days.

At last ! A post on here I can agree with.

Its not an opinion to state that e-mails were sent at specific times, if you had said 'it appears that' or that 'I have seen mentioned that' the e-mails were sent it would be clear you are recounting second hand information. This is what you presented!

"johnkp, on 08 January 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Levy McRae (the Easdales legal representatives) have posted 14 emails to Craig Houston in the last 24 hours - some outside normal business hours e.g. 0711 and 2134 - resulting in him closing the SOS Facebook page to seek further legal advice.

Detailed enough for you ? What does 'get in the way of create use of the truth' mean ?"

No quotes, no source and appearing to be first hand information from yourself. Try framing your opinions as such and you wont get pulled up as you have been.

Also would the police start an investigation into Chrlotte Fakes if there is no complaint from the injured party? It would be a first!

johnkp. 23 posts. Hmmmmm!

Sorry mate - dead end for you here. First Rangers game was with my Dad in the 60s. I've seen 16 Rangers Managers (from Scot Symon to Ally McCoist) and 13 Chairmen (from John Lawrence to David Somers) come and go. I've been a Season Ticket holder for 35 years, at various times in the Enclosure, the Govan Stand and - currently - the Main Stand. A Shareholder from the IPO and will put in to any future Share Issue. I've never had anything but the good of Rangers in my mind, and I'll support anyone - anyone - who shares that feeling.

Must try harder.

Sorry mate - dead end for you here. First Rangers game was with my Dad in the 60s. I've seen 16 Rangers Managers (from Scot Symon to Ally McCoist) and 13 Chairmen (from John Lawrence to David Somers) come and go. I've been a Season Ticket holder for 35 years, at various times in the Enclosure, the Govan Stand and - currently - the Main Stand. A Shareholder from the IPO and will put in to any future Share Issue. I've never had anything but the good of Rangers in my mind, and I'll support anyone - anyone - who shares that feeling.

Must try harder.

Only 14 if you count Durrant on wiki (think where your mistakes are?) !! And Somers hasnt gone yet so only 12 on that front!

Trying too hard?

Only 14 if you count Durrant on wiki (think where your mistakes are?) !! And Somers hasnt gone yet so only 12 on that front!

Trying too hard?

Scot Symon, Davie White, Willie Thornton (interim), Willie Waddell, Jock Wallace, John Greig, Tommy McLean (interim), Jock Wallace (again), Graeme Souness, Walter Smith, Dick Advocaat, Alex McLeish, Paul le Guen, Ian Durrant (interim), Walter Smith (again) and Ally McCoist.

It is 13, because I've seen him come in, so he's included in the total, even if he hasn't left yet.

All the best from Captain Pedantic.

Scot Symon, Davie White, Willie Thornton (interim), Willie Waddell, Jock Wallace, John Greig, Tommy McLean (interim), Jock Wallace (again), Graeme Souness, Walter Smith, Dick Advocaat, Alex McLeish, Paul le Guen, Ian Durrant (interim), Walter Smith (again) and Ally McCoist.

It is 13, because I've seen him come in, so he's included in the total, even if he hasn't left yet.

All the best from Captain Pedantic.

Sorry captain pedantic but if you are including interim/caretaker bosses then you've missed Walter Smiths first spell.

Sorry captain pedantic but if you are including interim/caretaker bosses then you've missed Walter Smiths first spell.

Sorry to disagree, but Graeme Souness was appointed Manager on 8 Apr 86, with Walter Smith as the Assistant Manager. Souness was on international duty wth Scotland in the Mexico World Cup from May to June, when we got knocked out of Group E. Walter Smith started the initial work in Souness' absence, as the Assistant Manager. I'm sure he relates the experience in one of the early chapters in his book 'Mr Smith - An Autobiography'. I'll have to dig it out and have another read at it.

Sorry to disagree, but Graeme Souness was appointed Manager on 8 Apr 86, with Walter Smith as the Assistant Manager. Souness was on international duty wth Scotland in the Mexico World Cup from May to June, when we got knocked out of Group E. Walter Smith started the initial work in Souness' absence, as the Assistant Manager. I'm sure he relates the experience in one of the early chapters in his book 'Mr Smith - An Autobiography'. I'll have to dig it out and have another read at it.

If I remember correctly Souness didn't take charge until the expiration of his sampdoria deal month or two after he was announced.