Carsons Dog

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.....and they are gone:

Rangers fans' site is closed

A RANGERS supporters group has shut down its website 24 hours after receiving a letter from Ibrox board members' lawyers.

Sons of Struth, which has carried out a series of protests against the Rangers board, closed their site yesterday.

It comes a day after lawyers for Rangers director brothers Sandy and James Easdale wrote to the group about allegedly offensive comments posted online.

As reported in the Evening Times, Sons of Struth said lawyers for the Rangers board members ordered them to remove posts from three individuals.

Sandy Easdale is chairman of Rangers Football Board, and his brother James is a board member.

Sons of Struth spokesman Craig Houston, said: "It saddens me to notify you that until proper legal advice can be obtained, then the Sons of Struth Facebook page will be taken down for an undisclosed amount of time."

He added: "Until full legal advice is taken, I can't leave myself open to threat of action against me."

Mr Houston, who formed Sons of Struth last year, is a life-long Rangers fan. The splinter group has organised demonstrations and protests aimed at the Ibrox hierarchy.

A spokesman for Rangers said they would not comment on the issue. But he did confirm a letter had been sent to the Sons of Struth fans group.

The fans' group confirmed they received a letter from the brothers' solicitors on Tuesday.

It read: "We received a letter from Peter Watson, solicitor advocate of Levy & McRae acting on behalf of Mr and Mr Easdale.

"The letter asked us to remove posts from three individuals."

rebecca.gray@ eveningtimes.co.uk

http://www.eveningti...47673n.23126473

I saw the comments last night, various people, including Sandy Chugg, were insinuating the latest bombshell to come out of Ibrox was that the Easdale's have been laundering money through Rangers. Absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

Some were going as far as stating it as fact. The Easdale's have every right to pursue this.

I take it this is what the big "prepare for terrible new" rumour was about then?

According to their twitter, if no engagement with board by mid January they will be protesting again.

To what end? They called for a leadership vote to be held, their chosen men were defeated, end of story. Are they just going to call for votes until their group gets in? That's not how it works and nor should it.

To what end? They called for a leadership vote to be held, their chosen men were defeated, end of story. Are they just going to call for votes until their group gets in? That's not how it works and nor should it.

I concur..

If I'm honest I think they like the attention..