McCoist has salary halved

Frank Reynolds

Let's all applaud the board for this tremendous saving.

I see some have fell back from bleating why haven't the board did it ? To now "why is it only half ?"

Seems they are happy to shift positions to suit their agenda and take potshots at the board.

They should all be taking pay cuts. Whats hard to understand about that?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why haven't the board cut Ally wage like they promised. They must be dodgy"

The board have halved Allys salary.

"Aye but, Aye but, They should never have given him an 800k salary.

Aye but he's still on 400k.

Aye but it might be deferred"

Even when they do what everyone wants, some still can't wait to take potshots at them.

I can't help but conclude there are some folk who would rather the club went out of business than have this board succeed.

I can't figure them out. It's not like there are any credible alternatives about who could step in.

It's this board or oblivion.

Why has this taken so long? if Ally was prepared to take a cut back in October will he give any extra back he's been paid since then? I'm not trying to get at Ally but if the club needs money to see us through then maybe it would be a good gesture, let's face it Ally doesn't need it.

If this is an example of how cost cutting works there's going to be a lot of cash wasted

Why has this taken so long? if Ally was prepared to take a cut back in October will he give any extra back he's been paid since then? I'm not trying to get at Ally but if the club needs money to see us through then maybe it would be a good gesture, let's face it Ally doesn't need it.

If this is an example of how cost cutting works there's going to be a lot of cash wasted

Ask the board. Contrary to popular opinion Ally runs the first team.... not the plc.

One in the eye for those implying that he was deliberately stalling on it. They know who they are.

It was an utterly unwarranted amount to give him in the first place and to be honest he hung onto that unjustified wage packet for far too long given the clear financial status of the club and the division we were plying our trade in.

"Why haven't the board cut Ally wage like they promised. They must be dodgy"

The board have halved Allys salary.

"Aye but, Aye but, They should never have given him an 800k salary.

Aye but he's still on 400k.

Aye but it might be deferred"

Even when they do what everyone wants, some still can't wait to take potshots at them.

I can't help but conclude there are some folk who would rather the club went out of business than have this board succeed.

I can't figure them out. It's not like there are any credible alternatives about who could step in.

It's this board or oblivion.

I think you'll find it's more digs at ally than the board in here

Let's get this into some perspective, can we?

Ally McCoist served his management apprenticeship at one of the biggest clubs in the World. He was mentored by one of the best managers to come out of Scotland in recent years, second only to Sir Alex. Since serving his apprenticeship, he has been thrown into the deep end by his mentor and employers - deeper than I have seen many survive.

If we stop with Ally for a second and consider the other side of the coin. An apprentice electrician works for one of the biggest electricity companies and mentored by one of the best in the business. The lad qualifies, starts his first tenure as an electrician and is guided through this first few years by his employer, allowing him to begin a fruitful career.

Can you see the difference already?

The Electrician will earn more than 50% less than his mentor earns when he passes and will take a very long time to progress to a senior wage.

Ally has passed by proxy, when Walter bowed out of management. From then, it seems he started of at a senior wage with only graduate ability. Three years down the line, he has not had the chance to improve his graduate levels due to sanctions on the club and limitations on finances, yet he has only just accepted a wage decrease - a decrease that can still be deemed higher than his three years experience should command.

There are people on here that have ridiculed Ally from a very early stage of Ally's full career and I am proud to say I was not one of them.

There are others who gave Ally a good chance to prove his ability to manage a Rangers team but have found him wanting - I am one of them.

Those who are jumping down the throats of those who are demanding more, should get a grip.

Equally, those who are jumping down the throat of Ally, do need to understand that his tenure has not been an easy one so far - wage taken out of the equation.

Let's get this into some perspective, can we?

Ally McCoist served his management apprenticeship at one of the biggest clubs in the World. He was mentored by one of the best managers to come out of Scotland in recent years, second only to Sir Alex. Since serving his apprenticeship, he has been thrown into the deep end by his mentor and employers - deeper than I have seen many survive.

If we stop with Ally for a second and consider the other side of the coin. An apprentice electrician works for one of the biggest electricity companies and mentored by one of the best in the business. The lad qualifies, starts his first tenure as an electrician and is guided through this first few years by his employer, allowing him to begin a fruitful career.

Can you see the difference already?

The Electrician will earn more than 50% less than his mentor earns when he passes and will take a very long time to progress to a senior wage.

Ally has passed by proxy, when Walter bowed out of management. From then, it seems he started of at a senior wage with only graduate ability. Three years down the line, he has not had the chance to improve his graduate levels due to sanctions on the club and limitations on finances, yet he has only just accepted a wage decrease - a decrease that can still be deemed higher than his three years experience should command.

There are people on here that have ridiculed Ally from a very early stage of Ally's full career and I am proud to say I was not one of them.

There are others who gave Ally a good chance to prove his ability to manage a Rangers team but have found him wanting - I am one of them.

Those who are jumping down the throats of those who are demanding more, should get a grip.

Equally, those who are jumping down the throat of Ally, do need to understand that his tenure has not been an easy one so far - wage taken out of the equation.

Utter tosh McCoist and tlb are the only two managers never to have faced any real or imagined competition in our respective leagues, easy doesn't even begin to describe it.

He has taken the wage cut and yet still complaints. Most sensible individuals agree last season's events were truly extraordinary so Ally should be judged on this season. There persists an element of fans in Scotland as a whole whom expects top grade football when it is non-existent in the country. As a Rangers fan I always expect us to be competing amongst the best in the country but not unrealistic to where we are at as a nation. We are not the EPL or Barca/RM etc

Utter tosh McCoist and tlb are the only two managers never to have faced any real or imagined competition in our respective leagues, easy doesn't even begin to describe it.

Several points made and you claim 'utter tosh'! What part is tosh?

Oh and McCoist held his own in the first half of his first season - IN THE TOP FLIGHT

Several points made and you claim 'utter tosh'! What part is tosh?

Oh and McCoist held his own in the first half of his first season - IN THE TOP FLIGHT

If you are going to quote a post read it understand it and quote it on the subject matter which it addresses, that apart carry on walking into lamp posts. (tu)

Do you actually have a point to make and contribute to this thread or are you just on the wind up?

he has one purpose or agenda to nitpick and abuse and slate Ally at every turn , but i am happy in the knowledge that every time the team and Ally wins its like a dagger through his heart :)

as most will accept as long as Ally is winning he will be at Rangers and rightfully so