7 years ago yesterday - Walters 2nd spell began.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 6: We'll probably never know the exact reason why he left other than in Scotland, he wasn't cutting the mustard. The arguments with the players, especially Barry can easily be used as cover for just wanting rid of him. I'm sure I read somewhere that he needed time to develop his ideas and for them to take effect is a slow process, but journos write some amount of shite just to keep themselves in a job, so the actual facts might never be known, except I was glad he went.

And I doubt whether WS will ever come back

Not ally bashing, but I wonder if Walter would ever come back for a 3rd go if Ally left for whatever reason? he has 7 years on Ferguson who only just retired. I realise a lot of things would have to happen at Ibrox for it to happen but I would have him back in a shot..

He didn't even really want to be a director, think he's finished for good

Hindsight now and no disrespect to ally but I genuinely believe Walter would have got us 4iar even with admin

Agreed.

Walters team wouldn't have chucked away a lead like McCoists team.

I also think he would have seen off his 3rd Celr*c manager in his second stint.

(tu)

It was arrogance on his part in my opinion. He felt he was Billy big boots and didnt need to understand things before he came. Pity really. (tu)

was it fuck, plg was the boss until mr captain chucked a hissy fit, got his wee pals to help him rid the evil boss.

he was bullied out of the club

7 years ago was the day we started going backwards. Let us hope a forward thinking mindset appears at some point in the not too distant future

Winning 3IAR, getting into CL groups and getting to a European final was not backwards mate.

Number 6: We'll probably never know the exact reason why he left other than in Scotland, he wasn't cutting the mustard. The arguments with the players, especially Barry can easily be used as cover for just wanting rid of him. I'm sure I read somewhere that he needed time to develop his ideas and for them to take effect is a slow process, but journos write some amount of shite just to keep themselves in a job, so the actual facts might never be known, except I was glad he went.

And I doubt whether WS will ever come back

He stripped Barry Ferguson of the captaincy and said he wouldnt play for Rangers again under him. The fall out with players certainly had a part. Ive no idea if he was right in what he was doing. For a number of reasons it's a shame it didn't work out but , having said that, the 2007-08 season in Europe was the best season as a Rangers supporter for me.

was it fuck, plg was the boss until mr captain chucked a hissy fit, got his wee pals to help him rid the evil boss.

he was bullied out of the club

He said, after leaving, that many of the players were undermining him and also the club doctor for some strange reason. There will be PLG's story, the players story and the truth somewhere in between I think.

Winning 3IAR, getting into CL groups and getting to a European final was not backwards mate.

The football side was dreadful enough, as a spectator sport. However, the turn the other cheek, dignified silence and bumming up of SDM all went into overdrive when smith came back.

He has the cheek to reference "internet bile" when fans questioned his shocking football yet had not the appetite, nor gumption, to say one word as the fans and institution were slaughtered from pillar to post.

The football side was dreadful enough, as a spectator sport. However, the turn the other cheek, dignified silence and bumming up of SDM all went into overdrive when smith came back.

He has the cheek to reference "internet bile" when fans questioned his shocking football yet had not the appetite, nor gumption, to say one word as the fans and institution were slaughtered from pillar to post.

When did you last enjoy being a Rangers supporter? I'm genuinely curious.

When did you last enjoy being a Rangers supporter? I'm genuinely curious.

In what way do you mean specifically?

I enjoy every goal we score.

I enjoy every time we win.

Doesn't mean I have to delude myself that, for example, mcculloch is any more than a journeyman pro who has cost us a fortune whilst delivering not very much. Nor the fact that he moved here because it suited his family situation and he wont be leaving here due to that same family situation.

Some people would say the above was harsh id just say it was accurate. Much in the same way that I would say my description of smith was accurate.

Too much candy-coating and lionizing for my taste.

Relef at the time - tinged with regret as he was doing a great job for Scotland - but he added to the great moments he had given us as a club - and I never thought I would see Rangers in a European final and that (especially the build up) was the pinnacle for me. Folk may have criticised his 'style' in Europe, but he knew we could not slug it out with the best, so instead he worked on that other 'art' of football - defending - and our teams were very good at it!I don't think he got the credit in some quarters for recognising our strengths and weaknesses and working to our strengths.

In what way do you mean specifically?

I enjoy every goal we score.

I enjoy every time we win.

Doesn't mean I have to delude myself that, for example, mcculloch is any more than a journeyman pro who has cost us a fortune whilst delivering not very much. Nor the fact that he moved here because it suited his family situation and he wont be leaving here due to that same family situation.

Some people would say the above was harsh id just say it was accurate. Much in the same way that I would say my description of smith was accurate.

Too much candy-coating and lionizing for my taste.

I mean when was the last time that you weren't angry about the state of the club, it's support and the road we were on?