McCoist told to cut the Football wage bill

Boab

I think if we didn’t sign the Shiels, Templeton’s, Daly’s, Black’s ect we would still have been promoted with ease while not being in as bad a position as we appear to be in today. I understand there would be criticism no matter what we done though, if we went with youth and experienced lower league tested heads to get us back on track there would be complaints that better players are warranted while the route we went down of buying big budget players and playing uninspiring football got pelters too.

We have been promoted due to buying our way out of trouble rather than hard graft and good management, I saw no achievement in what we have done up to this point other than beating Motherwell at the start of the journey. Money should have been and should be kept till we really need it, having a £7 million wage budget in the worst leagues in Europe is a clear indication lessons have not been learned and may never be if someone does not stop the rot (Wallace may be that man).

Look at how Gretna done it with a squad on a fraction of our budget and playing good football gaining promotion every season with few problems, they didn’t require Sandaza, Shiels, Templeton, Cribari ect to do this and they certainly wouldn’t be sitting on the bench if they did.

You don't even need to go back as far as Gretna as an example.

Alloa have achieved back to back promotions under Paul Hartley with nothing more than a couple of veterans and a scattering of loan players from SPL clubs.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alloa have achieved back to back promotions under Paul Hartley with nothing more than a couple of veterans and a scattering of loan players from SPL clubs.

Indeed, there are more and more examples of such journeys which show our own route has been poorly thought out by all concerned.

Indeed, there are more and more examples of such journeys which show our own route has been poorly thought out by all concerned.

(tu)

I get people will say we are rangers the demands are different and what not but a few talented veterans would have more than enough to see/guide the younger players and see us out of these division.

That's why he dispensable, leagues won, punt him now while he's got some value !

Nobody will buy him just because he is banging goals in against shite shite teams though. If somebody bigger than Dundee United, other than us was to buy him it would've happened during the summer.

Could save some cash getting rid of some of the fatter stewards,what use wid they be in a stadium emergency.Sack the fatties first. :cgreen:

Don't totally agree with this as some of the only entertainment I get from the games nowadays is watching people through things at one of the stewards that walks by in front of the govan stand.

It's sad that we have to cut costs. I only hope we get some cash in rather than fork out on pay offs. It's also a worry that Ally probably wont be able to strengthen the sqad when we have to face tougher opposition next season.

The squad doesn't really need strengthened for next season.

We have more than enough to see us back to the SPL.

We didn't have the luxury of spending time getting a team together on decent wages.

We cobbled a team together at short notice, and tried to put some quality in it.

Gretna spent about 2-3 years i the bottom league before making their move. Our fanbase would not have stood for 3 years in the bottom league building a team that can go up the leagues on a shoestring budget.

Our wage bill is significantly lower than it has been under every other recent Rangers manager.

We didn't have the luxury of spending time getting a team together on decent wages.

We cobbled a team together at short notice, and tried to put some quality in it.

Gretna spent about 2-3 years i the bottom league before making their move. Our fanbase would not have stood for 3 years in the bottom league building a team that can go up the leagues on a shoestring budget.

Our wage bill is significantly lower than it has been under every other recent Rangers manager.

Not for me.

Can't use that excuse this seaosn can you?

Still brought in utter rubbish like Foster and Smith who add nothing but higher wage bills.

Not for me.

Can't use that excuse this seaosn can you?

Still brought in utter rubbish like Foster and Smith who add nothing but higher wage bills.

He also brought in some good players that add something to the team.

He is like any other manager, some of his signings will work, some wont.

He also brought in some good players that add something to the team.

He is like any other manager, some of his signings will work, some wont.

He has had more that have not worked in his short time here and is still making the smae mistkaes in the market.

Unlike some clubs we cannot afford to be so poor in the market.

Either way our financial situation is not healthy, and we have wasted funds in several different ways. From non playing salaries to paying over the odds for average players.

Do you think the club has spent money wisely? Do you think McCoist has bought wisely? Do you think our directors past and present have given value?

I think Ally has done a good job, under hellish conditions and our club should have been able to sustain this squad. I think folk under estimate what it takes to build a squad for our regimen to the top - his managerial reign ain't perfect but very little I would critisise about it at this stage.

Past board members ( plus BS) however let us down badly but I think the current board have some shit to sort out .

He stepped in to make himself a shed load of wonga!

Don't kid yourself that he did it to save us?

He saw an opportunity to get his pension nest egg and took it.

He doesn't need a medal or a stand named after him, and doesn't deserve it either.

A man like David Holmes deserves your admiration more than Charles.

Oh i'm sorry, who else stepped up to save us and was able to show the cash when we needed it?

Aye, nobody.

Not your beloved Murray or Kennedy. It was Charles.

He has had more that have not worked in his short time here and is still making the smae mistkaes in the market.

Unlike some clubs we cannot afford to be so poor in the market.

aye, I guess he should only sign players that will definiftely work out then.

See when you find someone who can do that, give me a shout and I'll back him for our new manager.

aye, I guess he should only sign players that will definiftely work out then.

See when you find someone who can do that, give me a shout and I'll back him for our new manager.

Aye he should be doing far better in any case thats for sure...

Either way our financial situation is not healthy, and we have wasted funds in several different ways. From non playing salaries to paying over the odds for average players.

Do you think the club has spent money wisely? Do you think McCoist has bought wisely? Do you think our directors past and present have given value?

I think Ally has done well in extremely trying circumstances and their is little I would critisise him for - his reign ain't been perfect but folk underestimate what it takes to rebuild a team so I back him 100%

However past board members seemed to have sucked us dry - surprised BS is still here but the current board have shit to sort out and it's the past board that I blame not Ally

The fans won't accept a fucking draw why on earth do people think we could have built a team from youngsters? Yes in all probability they would have won the league, but that wouldn't be acceptable to many.

Had that been the case then surely it would have been 3rd division ST prices?