your favourite ever title

MrMccoist

1986/87 will always still be in the memory.A rollercoaster ride from the first game at Hibs;Souness sent off and i dont know how many booked,until the title clincher at Pittodrie (Souness sent off after telling everyone to keep their composure).As it was our first title in 8 years it was a memorable experience,with thousands of supporters on the park at the end grabbing shirts;shorts any conceivable momento off the players,the sheer elation was indescribable after all they years of waiting for the big prize.You just knew that this was the start of something special,the sleeping giant had awoke ;sort of speak....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the nine in a row, and the celebrations at Ibrox, even though we got beat by hearts that day. McCoist singing Follow,Follow was brilliant.

Arteta's penalty, resulting in"Bejesus o'neil" and his players' crying fix. What a bunch of pricks, never defeated allways cheated. :000000082: But i think my favourite ( partially to my failing memory at times ) was the one we won at, "Plunder My Buttocks" park, the huddle, tims falling from the sky, more pound coins flung about than a jackpot from a puggie machine, and last but not least, The Magnificent football display on show,

by the once again, ONLY SHOW, in town, The Famous Glasgow Rangers. What a memory! :7325:

PS Could'nt remember that twat's name, then it came to me as I was in the lavatory, Shittin?......... oh! that's right!........Sutton! (my prick of the year player, at that time)

Helicopter Sunday, then 9 in a row, then '99.

The end of 2010/2011 was an absolute belter though. I knew, when McGregor saved that penalty against the filth, that it was going to happen, but my God did those 3 goals in seven minutes calm my nerves.

how did you know that? everyone was doom and gloom as hadn't beat them at home and it was in their hands.

All the nine in a row, and the celebrations at Ibrox, even though we got beat by hearts that day. McCoist singing Follow,Follow was brilliant.

Arteta's penalty, resulting in"Bejesus o'neil" and his players' crying fix. What a bunch of pricks, never defeated allways cheated. :000000082: But i think my favourite ( partially to my failing memory at times ) was the one we won at, "Plunder My Buttocks" park, the huddle, tims falling from the sky, more pound coins flung about than a jackpot from a puggie machine, and last but not least, The Magnificent football display on show,

by the once again, ONLY SHOW, in town, The Famous Glasgow Rangers. What a memory! :7325:

PS Could'nt remember that twat's name, then it came to me as I was in the lavatory, Shittin?......... oh! that's right!........Sutton! (my prick of the year player, at that time)

calm down a bit dear

how did you know that? everyone was doom and gloom as hadn't beat them at home and it was in their hands.

He's not the only one.

They should have beaten us that day and they bottled it. I knew then that their arses would drop away to calley.

I even said it on here numerous times and was told it was in the bag for them.

1986/87 will always still be in the memory.A rollercoaster ride from the first game at Hibs;Souness sent off and i dont know how many booked,until the title clincher at Pittodrie (Souness sent off after telling everyone to keep their composure).As it was our first title in 8 years it was a memorable experience,with thousands of supporters on the park at the end grabbing shirts;shorts any conceivable momento off the players,the sheer elation was indescribable after all they years of waiting for the big prize.You just knew that this was the start of something special,the sleeping giant had awoke ;sort of speak....

Has always been mine,what a day!On the park and a street conga in Renfrew on the night

Amazing how many special league flags we've won since we stopped flinging money about around big Eck's time onwards.Tim's finally opened the biscuit tin when O'neil came in but we've given them some dark days since then .I know it's maybe out of line on BD but how many of Tim's tainted titles will live in their memory ? Exactly ! who gives a f*** your thinking . Apologies. By the way the answers None.

2010/11 was probably the most special to me.

I remember walking down PRW with my mate heading to meet some other pals in a pub. We were speeding up every time we heard a cheer coming from the pubs. Basically sprinting by the end. Missed the first three goals, but it was a great feeling getting into the pub knowing we'd already won the league! Ibrox afterwards was incredible as well.

In an escape from the ally/training/dk/boardroom debate. What title win in your lifetime was your favourite.

The obvious favourites from my generation would obviously be the 9 , Helicopter Sunday (both of them) Advocaats treble etc.

Older bears may go with Souness 86 or Colin Stein at easter road.

For me though it was 2010/2011, only if because it all seemed over until Caley, and because Walter got his send off.

I think also because its fresh in the memory.

So bears what was your favourite title :7325: and why

Breath of fresh air Mr McCoist.............wait a minute.?

It just seemed like fate. Was never a penalty and when Shagger saved it I thought "hang on, we're going to get lucky here, I can feel it". I sat in the pub singing "Nil Nil to the Rangers" to wind up a tim who had been gloating about how the title was in the bag.

Best two were 1964 and 1975. If Baxter had never left then they would never have done NIAR. Though Colin Stein being given a ridiculous 7 week suspension after retaliating for not one kick at him but after the third, was also telling oh aye and guess which club had a member in charge of the discipline committee at the the time, Penn State FC always looking for a way to cheat.

May 2005. It will NEVER be beaten.

2nd. May 1999, pumping the bheggers in their own back garden, the Celtic fans embarrassing themselves and celebrating winning the title all in a oner. :D

3rd. May 2009. Our first title in four long years and it was worth the wait.

8 in a row was a personal favourite of mine, the Tims had been gash for years but just won the Scottish Cup and signed Van Hooijdonk and Thom and they had just moved back to a rebuilt well half rebuilt Tattie Dome, there was a genuine belief that they could challenge us, we signed Gazza, and Laudrup was the reigning Player of the year - Scottish Football was buzzing

McCoist scoring that winner in the first Old Firm game back at Parkhead and Andy Gorums save from McStay

Winning the first Old Firm game that season as well at Parkhead, the only game the Tims lost all season, Clellands big dome for the first at Gazza's break away for the second

Then the day we won it against Aberdeen, Gazza hat-trick

My personal favourite just because there wasnt a lot between both clubs, We just had a bit more class at the back in Richard Gough and a bit more know how in the dug out with Smith.

After years of always being expected to win the league it was great to have that uncertainty, made the feeling of winning so much more enjoyable