***** The Official Post Match Thread Arbroath (H) *****

Columbo

Attending ibrox out of a sense of duty as performances this season have been very poor.Ian Black has found his level so i hope we leave him in div 1 when we go up to championship.Jon Daly easily the worst first choice centre forward ever to play for Gers.His lack of mobility limits forward passes from midfielders and he seems to avoid the ball for long periods of time.Lewis mcleod our best midfielder last year yet we stick him on left wing ? Must mention the crowd today was pretty poor so i'm not alone in my discontent but we're here for the journey so no matter how bad it gets i hope the fans remain the shining light in our dark days and get their arses back in their seats next week .Rant over watp

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No fewer than 7 people sitting around me left at half time as the pub was a more appealing option than the second half. We are starting to look miles away from the team we saw in August and September. Whatever 'system' we are playing seems to be all wrong as Macleod, Shiels and Law are being dragged out of position plus Daly as a Target Man seems rather easy to defend. A big improvement is needed next week and a bad result the following doesn't bear thinking about.

Positives: Think one or two will learn more from today than romping 5 nil as they needed a bit if character to get the points after a poor performance and substitution impact

Negatives: unfortunately more than positives, team selection pish, why is Black undroppable?, Law showed commitment but little quality, Jig too slow, Macleod uninterested, Shiels lazy and uninterested

Hopefully better next week

...Law was pulling further and further back to get the ball ending up in left back postions...

I'd love to see Macleod take the deeper role and have Law play much further up the pitch. To me he looks like a perfect fit for playing behind Daly and getting forward as much as possible.

Disagree with the Law critisizers. Thought he showed a lot of commitment again today.

Trouble is he needs a good ball winner to allow him to take the pass and play forward creatively. Ian Black has been a bit disappointing recently in that role. In todays game and the earlier one this week Law was pulling further and further back to get the ball ending up in left back postions.

The guys a creator, has a good football brain, he just needs a few others around to win the ball and make him some space.

Also wonder if a good player up front who can find space to take the outlet pass would help him, rather than Daly who is more stationary. (A Kenny Miller kind of player ?)

I think Law played ok , seems to be playing a bit deeper than i would like , seemed at one point the only outlet was Wallace , sort of confused as to why moshini got MOTM ,

only positives apart from the 3 points Daly ending his goal drought (but doing not much else) Wallace's usual level of performance and Templeton's little cameo, apart from that quite poor especially our entire midfield thought anyone one of the 5 could have been subbed, disappointing how many times Aird was free on the right hand side but did not recieve the pass

Embarrassment. No other word to describe that pish. A waste of a Saturday afternoon. I could have spent the day with my wee boy, instead i spent 2 hours freezing my baws off watching amateurish pish!

McCoist needs to go as do 90% of his team.

I am being genuine here...... Maybe you should spend more more time with your lad on a Saturday. Watching Rangers win under Mcoist obviously pains you. I know who I would put first.

Oh, and wear a good jacket and you won't freeze mate.

Templeton has to start next week against Brechin in my opinion (tu)

He should defo play at some point. David was a standout yesterday. I have always been a fan of his. I just don't know if he is a 90 minute man or a super sub. Either way he is starting to show us what he is capable of. On the up!

He should defo play at some point. David was a standout yesterday. I have always been a fan of his. I just don't know if he is a 90 minute man or a super sub. Either way he is starting to show us what he is capable of. On the up!

He is a greedy wee bassa though, not saying that is a bad thing.