Improving the atmosphere at Ibrox. All it takes is one fan.

tannerall

Are you one of the fans who complains there is no atmosphere these days at Ibrox ? Do you sit there silently getting more and more annoyed at the lack of vocal support ? Well the good news is you can sort it yourself. :)

If you are at the game and there is no atmosphere, the crowd in your area aren't singing, and the rest of the park is quiet, then just take ownership of the problem yourself. Start singing a traditional Gers song at the top of your voice. Sure the fans around you might be embarrassed at your attempt, they may give some constructive abuse, but if you can only encourage one other fan to join in then suddenly there's two of you, then perhaps three, four, tens, hundreds, thousands and suddenly the whole stadium is buzzing.

If you dont make the effort, others wont either. Just your one voice could make all the difference. Try it at the next home game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX93wghcK9k

(You could use the same principal to start a Mexican Wave but that's old hat and pretty embarrassing now, so better if you don't)

Yes , but Rangers have to help, over the past few home games the PA system has been KRAP, no atmosphere being created by the club,, in the east enclosure the clearest announcement is the POLICE one, the rest is RUBBISH, no sound , cant hear the music being played.

C'mon rangers sort this out !!!!!

The traditional toilet rolls are more effective.

I remember when the whole front of the Copland terrace and track used to get covered with them.

that must have been before the recession

can't be going around throwing away the bog roll these days

unless you're roman and prefer a stick :ph34r:

I dont want to be that guy though

What if I stand up, sing loud as fuck and no-one joins in?

Then I'll need to keep going coz you cant give up halfway through, if i did i'd feel daft so i'd need to keep going and still feel dadt coz it would be my big stupid voice singing a song on my own

I blame you cunts

I dont want to be that guy though

What if I stand up, sing loud as fuck and no-one joins in?

Then I'll need to keep going coz you cant give up halfway through, if i did i'd feel daft so i'd need to keep going and still feel dadt coz it would be my big stupid voice singing a song on my own

I blame you cunts

I'd avoid "10 German Bombers" then, its kind of longish.

The further the away game the louder we are as so pished nobody gives a fuck.

Ibrox just feels like business now and any lads that are trying to rally the troops gets frowned at.

We need standing in the enclosures again as its great standing at away grounds the now and the banter flows just ask Rab Douglas :lol: he got pelters on Mon.

The introduction of safe standing and expansion to the singing section is the only way the atmosphere will improve.

Oh, and some excitement on the park too. The rest of this season will be particularly dull - especially for league games. The Ramsdens Cup Final will be a terrific occasion though and I am certain the atmosphere will be the best of the season so far. The Scottish Cup will also throw up a potentially tasty encounter so that's another one to look forward too.

The Championship has real potential next year with us and Hearts coming up against each other as well as Dunfermline should they be successful in the play-offs so some big games next year and then the following year in the Premiership will be interesting.

Many people said this would be a drab year as it's a sort of nothing season. Last season was the start of the journey and next season is the last in the lower leagues (hopefully) so this sort of in between season always had poor potential.

Onwards and upwards.

Well said that man. BF1 is always pretty buzzin' and we encourage other sections to try and join in, as he says it only takes one man to get a section going and before you know it the whole stadium is singing!

Sat in the Main Front at the Broomloan end for the East Fife game and a few guys were trying to get a few songs going but they didn't have much hope when the UBs turned around, looked for a few seconds then started to sing a different song. They got a fair bit of abuse for it.

This happened with me at Parkhead in the 1-1 McCulloch game, we just equalised, tims were silent, we're doing the "shhhhhhhhh" then I roar "what a shitey home support", every bear joined in. Couldn't beat that feeling.

Only other time I managed it was in Lisbon in the 2-2 game, Build My Gallows.

I like the idea of putting the enclosure back to standing. Whether that would get people singing who knows but it might work.

The only time I have been there was for the reserve league game last year & it was pretty good.

Back in the 'old days' there were a few areas where singing would start up but now we just assume the wee boys are in charge and let BF1 do the singing, or not, depending on their mood.

While I don;t want Andy Cameron back perhaps they could put up some lyric suggestions on the big screens or even the score boards during the game.

I was talking about football and a mates dad (who's a St. Mirren fan) was banging on about how people aren't allowed to stand up at games, and they should be chucked out if they do.

This is the attitude that seems to have washed over Ibrox in recent years. You get the shouts of "sit doon" etc. and in the 6/7 games I've been to in the East Enclosure this season, the atmosphere was non existent. It ranged from fans not knowing why people were clapping on the 2nd minute to people moaning about their food. Long gone are the days of the whole stadium united in singing at games. A combination of our own fans moaning at each other at the games and a ban on most decent songs has some fans sitting there wishing to fuck that the section would spontaneously erupt in songs of old.

Like many have said though, if you want to stand up and sing and show your team support, you're frowned upon and met with abuse. That's the norm these days in Ibrox.

The excitement of going to the games isn't what it used to be, not because of the football, but because the atmosphere is pretty much non existent.