The 120 day business review

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assumed the 120 days started at the AGM but I fully expect Mr. Wallace to be taking positive action during these 120 days to get our costs under control and present to us a sustainable business model at the end of the 120 day period. I'm also hoping he will spell out his vision for the club going forward for the next few years & how much finance he intends to raise to get us back to challenging in the top tier & getting in to the CL. Look forward to reading the Wallace vision for RANGERS.

The people suggesting they take a wage cut across the board without completing their convoluted 4 month fact finding mission.

All we know is the idea was suggested at a meeting between the CEO, the manager and the club captain.

For all we know they were asked "if this saves jobs in other areas would you be willing....".

During his interview in the paper the other week did GW not say that he was a quarter of the way through and had 90 days left. The 120 days is a good target as it allowing him to still focus on day to day running of the club along with looking at every contract and any other aspect required.

No idea if that's aimed at me but I'm hoping we'll see positive, meaningful and constructive outputs from the review.

I'm very much hoping we don't see a complete cop-out, i.e. fans groups welcomed back into the fold to front a club membership scheme, a handful of lowly paid employees sacrificed, the management team staying on unchanged and Paul Murray rejoining the board as FD.

I just have a nagging feeling that we might see exactly that outcome.

I'm sure he wouldn't do anything daft that would destabilise the club.

No CEO in his right mind would bin a management team who are, currently, unbeaten in the league and still going for a shot at the premier cup competition in the country.

The decision to bin Stockbridge, if indeed Wallace instigated it, has been broadly welcomed so let's hope he continues with that kind of approach.

Who is on 30K?

Call it a general estimate of Jigs/Blacks/Bells/Laws/Templetons/Dalys monthly salary, give or take a few thousand.

It was only a question asked of the club captain. We have the directors of the company taking less than 600 grand a year (assuming the new FD is on similar money to his predecessor) and 2 of those directors don't even take a salary.

People asked for those at the top to lead by example....

Call it a general estimate of Jigs/Blacks/Bells/Laws/Templetons/Dalys monthly salary, give or take a few thousand.

It was only a question asked of the club captain. We have the directors of the company taking less than 600 grand a year (assuming the new FD is on similar money to his predecessor) and 2 of those directors don't even take a salary.

People asked for those at the top to lead by example....

Do you want those players at the club?

Do you think our season ticket sales mean we should trim the squad further?

Do you want those players at the club?

Do you think our season ticket sales mean we should trim the squad further?

What I want is for someone to take responsibility for spending 7 million pound a year on a squad half of whom won't be good enough come 2015/16, leaving us with a large number of players needing replaced and the huuuuuuge expense that--that will entail.

These divisions could have been won with a squad costing half that. Bring in Black, Law, Bell, Templeton, certainly but Cribrari, Foster, Smith? Re-signing Naismith, Mitchel et al then letting them leave or go on loan?

Who the fuck is making these decisions?!

What I want is for someone to take responsibility for spending 7 million pound a year on a squad half of whom won't be good enough come 2015/16, leaving us with a large number of players needing replaced and the huuuuuuge expense that--that will entail.

These divisions could have been won with a squad costing half that. Bring in Black, Law, Bell, Templeton, certainly but Cribrari, Foster, Smith? Re-signing Naismith, Mitchel et al then letting them leave or go on loan?

We all know it's McCoist who's making these decisions. Every time anyone tries to stop him (Green, Hart, Stockbridge) they leave the club soon afterwards.

That's why I'm increasingly convinced this 120 day review will have no real output, other than some minor tweaks spun as tough action from no-nonsense GW & his trusty sidekick, and will gradually fade into nothing.

You do realise that this Board had fuck all to do with what your saying.The players were here before they arrived.Players going out on loan is the managers decision.

You do realise that this Board had fuck all to do with what your saying.The players were here before they arrived.Players going out on loan is the managers decision.

Yes I do, which part of my post indicates differently?

We all know it's McCoist who's making these decisions. Every time anyone tries to stop him (Green, Hart, Stockbridge) they leave the club soon afterwards.

That's why I'm increasingly convinced this 120 day review will have no real output, other than some minor tweaks spun as tough action from no-nonsense GW & his trusty sidekick, and will gradually fade into nothing.

We could be challenging the first season back in the top Div. if we had just watched our spending and banked the money saved. As it is we will struggle to finish second and the usual flash mobs will show up to tell us because "eh bored robbed iz".