Advocaat's team

BFerguson6

We had some great players and fantastic squads, but I always felt we were lacking that one out and out goal scorer, albeit Wallace was in first season, hence why we signed Mols,

and probably a genuine solid centre half. Who do you think would have made the difference in Europe with that squad we had, I've always said Laudrup staying and someone like Solskjaer would have made a huge difference. Not sure about centre half, maybe Frank if he came with Ronald?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost certain he tried to sign Jaap Stam, we were also linked with every striker going although fuck knows how much truth there was to a lot of them.

I'm sure we were linked with Van Nistelrooy as well, I remember he said we offered him the better terms.

Shevchenko as well then Milan blew our bid out the water

I'm almost certain he tried to sign Jaap Stam, we were also linked with every striker going although fuck knows how much truth there was to a lot of them.

I'm sure we were linked with Van Nistelrooy as well, I remember he said we offered him the better terms.

I think yer spot on with Nistelrooy we defo got linked with him and pretty sure we nearly had him as well. Crazy times but oh so good to look back on.

Also van persie.

Everyday I'd get the paper and someone else had signed

That was the season when I started going to every game, home and away. I mind being at Tynecastle for the first League game of the season dead excited about seeing our new team and my mate storming off at half time when we were 2-0 down saying 'fuckin same auld shite!' :lol:

That was the season when I started going to every game, home and away. I mind being at Tynecastle for the first League game of the season dead excited about seeing our new team and my mate storming off at half time when we were 2-0 down saying 'fuckin same auld shite!' :lol:

Aye but hadn't we just came back and beat shelbourne a few days before? :lol: it was a slow start