Is McInnes Back In The Conversation Yet?

BlueSuedeSambas

When it comes to talking about potential future Rangers managers?

He was often talked about as one when he was at St Johnstone but he completely fell off the radar when he moved to Bristol City & flopped. However, now he seems to have rebuilt his reputation a bit now, he's got the sheepshaggers playing some decent stuff, they are into their first cup final in however many years and are sitting second in the SPL.

This will probably spark a whole debate on the old boys acts, jobs for the boys, widening our horizons and changing the culture of the club (not necessarily points that I disagree with) but looking at it purely from the point of view of that historically we are a club who more often than not have appointed British managers it's surely no bad thing that McCall, Butcher & now McInnes are all proving themselves as very capable SPL managers and it bodes well for the future when it comes to identifying a new manager further down the line?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like McInnes as a manager, but I'd rather we had a foreign coach. Coaches in this country (with the odd exception) don't have the technical ability to teach the players the foreigners are used to. I'd prefer a Dutch, Spanish or German manager.

I like McInnes as a manager, but I'd rather we had a foreign coach. Coaches in this country (with the odd exception) don't have the technical ability to teach the players the foreigners are used to. I'd prefer a Dutch, Spanish or German manager.

I reckon we would drop loads of points with a foreign manager

Especially with no money to let him invest with

I know it's short term thinking but as things stand a good Scottish or British coach to get us to the top domestically first and foremost

I reckon we would drop loads of points with a foreign manager

Especially with no money to let him invest with

I know it's short term thinking but as things stand a good Scottish or British coach to get us to the top domestically first and foremost

I think you're just thinking it's PLG all over again, but I think it would be different. But we would have to get investment on youth, coaching and scouting. Big time.

I think you're just thinking it's PLG all over again, but I think it would be different. But we would have to get investment on youth, coaching and scouting. Big time.

Nah all these things take time which we don't have

Maybe one day we can but as things stand someone like McInnes in for McCoist would be a big enough step in the right direction - for now

At Bristol City he was in charge for 63 games, he won 17, drew 14 and lost 32.

No thanks

That's an unfair statistic.....by statistics only ally mccoist is a great manager when the reality is very different! Bristol had one of the lowest budgets in the championship and he did well keeping them up in his first full year....look at how they have fared since he left!

Don't take me seriously but I thought Mixu done a really good job with Killie. They played some nice football. I'm not saying go for him, but at least someone with a philosophy.

The next manager will likely be a Scotsman anyway.

Didn't do so well at Hibs but learned from that experience and came back a far better manager at Kilmarnock.

Not too dissimilar to what seems to have happened to McInnes after he flopped at Bristol City too.

What about john collins done great with hibs.

As a manager I would say no. He's been out of work for far too long to walk straight into a job like ours.

However, as somebody involved at the youth level then I would give him a resounding yes. He was apparently hated at Hibs because he was deemed arrogant and wanted his players to live like professional athletes. He also encourages his teams to play football "the right way" which is something we would all like to see.

If you want somebody who understands the Old Firm mentality but has the knowledge to bring the standard of play forward where if could benefit the first team in the future then he could be a great choice IMO.

We should go for a manager that has learned his trade in the lower leagues with proven track record and history of bringing youths through.

I wouldn't have been against that at the start of our journey tbh maybe someone like a Billy Reid or Gus McPherson but now we are about to go into a strong championship next season and then back to the top league I feel we need a McInnes or a Billy Davis

I wouldn't have been against that at the start of our journey tbh maybe someone like a Billy Reid or Gus McPherson but now we are about to go into a strong championship next season and then back to the top league I feel we need a McInnes or a Billy Davis

Maybe a manager that has had a successful stint as number 2 to a proven winner?