If, IF, we win the Scottish Cup this season, where would it rank?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Our league titles were all won when we were a settled Club both on and off the pitch. With the exception of our support there is not one person in this bigoted shithole of a country who would expect us to challenge properly for national trophies until we are back in the top tier with our feet under the table for a couple of years. Given that 18 months ago we were on the verge of extinction it would be our most remarkable triumph.

Fair enough but I can't agree, with our resources a cup should not be out the question even if we aren't the favourites we always were

It's a question of relativity .

I don't think we're favourites to win the cup , particularly if we draw away to the sheep or utd , but IF we win it , it's got to be up there.

Why ? Because from last year I didn't think we'd be in a position to win any cup for the first time in my life - an unusual position to ever be in , but here we are with a good chance.

Disguise it all you want , but for a third tier team to win the Scottish Cup , would make headlines throughout the world and announce to them we're coming back !

Im already starting to dream of winning the cup at the piggery.

Emotionally,it would match anything.

Emotionally it would be up there but hardly one of our greatest achievements.

We will still need an extremely favourable draw & a shed load of luck to win it.

Absolutely. Our league titles were all won when we were a settled Club both on and off the pitch. With the exception of our support there is not one person in this bigoted shithole of a country who would expect us to challenge properly for national trophies until we are back in the top tier with our feet under the table for a couple of years. Given that 18 months ago we were on the verge of extinction it would be our most remarkable triumph.

Can I ask how old you are?

Emotionally it would be up there but hardly one of our greatest achievements.

We will still need an extremely favourable draw & a shed load of luck to win it.

Disagree,it's always a great achievement to win the scottish cup.

The last time i was in the piggery was over 20 years ago and i got thrown out.

I swore id never step foot in that shithole again.

If we make it this year,i'll break that oath.

I'd love to rub their stinking rhat faces in it.

It's a question of relativity .

I don't think we're favourites to win the cup , particularly if we draw away to the sheep or utd , but IF we win it , it's got to be up there.

Why ? Because from last year I didn't think we'd be in a position to win any cup for the first time in my life - an unusual position to ever be in , but here we are with a good chance.

Disguise it all you want , but for a third tier team to win the Scottish Cup , would make headlines throughout the world and announce to them we're coming back !

This....

Disagree,it's always a great achievement to win the scottish cup.

The last time i was in the piggery was over 20 years ago and i got thrown out.

I swore id never step foot in that shithole again.

If we make it this year,i'll break that oath.

I'd love to rub their stinking rhat faces.

What with? A facecloth?

In our clubs history? This is just my opinion but 18 months ago we were all worried that we wouldn't even have a club to support and within two short years we bounce back and take one of the major honours from the third tier. That's downright romantic.

Not to mention all the other factors like squad depletion, transfer embargo's, being crowbarred into the bottom tear, stumbling from disaster to disaster off the pitch, etc, etc. I think it'll be up there with our greatest ever achievements and I've been present at some magical nights for our club such as Leeds United and Champions League run, 9 in a row at Tannidice, Parma, winning the League at Parkhead, Manchester, Rugby Park 2011, etc.

Regardless what people think about that, it'll be some feeling to be competing for and winning the major honours again.

Gotta agree with you TWB i've some wonderful memories of our achievements but this for me would be right up there, here's hoping the draw is kind and we go onto win this :7325:

you can if you can explain why it's relevant

I'm assuming you are young and therefore your experiences with rangers will be different to me as a 30 year old. I can't think that anyone my age or older would consider a Scottish cup victory (even under these circumstances) to be more illustrious than achieving 9 in a row or that it would create the same satisfaction.

In our clubs history? This is just my opinion but 18 months ago we were all worried that we wouldn't even have a club to support and within two short years we bounce back and take one of the major honours from the third tier. That's downright romantic.

Not to mention all the other factors like squad depletion, transfer embargo's, being crowbarred into the bottom tear, stumbling from disaster to disaster off the pitch, etc, etc. I think it'll be up there with our greatest ever achievements and I've been present at some magical nights for our club such as Leeds United and Champions League run, 9 in a row at Tannidice, Parma, winning the League at Parkhead, Manchester, Rugby Park 2011, etc.

Regardless what people think about that, it'll be some feeling to be competing for and winning the major honours again.

Nae bigger romancer oan here than you cuddles ! (tu);):sherlock:

It's just another cup to go along with all the rest, no greater or less of an achievement. It may be a sweeter taste of victory as it will be a big get it right up you to the rest of Scottish football.

Europe is the only great achievement left for us and that is long long way away sadly.

As for the romance argument there is no great romance about spending 14 mill in 2 seasons to have a winning team.

I'm assuming you are young and therefore your experiences with rangers will be different to me as a 30 year old. I can't think that anyone my age or older would consider a Scottish cup victory (even under these circumstances) to be more illustrious than achieving 9 in a row or that it would create the same satisfaction.

I'm a similar age as yourself and feel this will be the most important trophy I've ever seen us win if we win it. More important than 9, more important than any other Scottish Cup win and more important than any league title we have won yet.

I'm a similar age as yourself and feel this will be the most important trophy I've ever seen us win if we win it. More important than 9, more important than any other Scottish Cup win and more important than any league title we have won yet.

Why? A cup is a cup, it would be pretty special under the circumstances but it wouldn't mean we're back where we belong yet.

you know what they say about the word assume.

I have been very very fortunate to have lived through some of our greatest triumphs and unfortunately our worst disaster. However, for the majority of our greatest triumphs I would, at the start of the season, have expected us to have challenged and hopefully have won the tournaments we entered. The nine in a row team for example was a team that I expected to complete that magical achievement, I was also hugely disappointed that we didn't win the Champions League in 92/93 but I didn't expect it. So at the start of this season and last I fully expected us to win the league as I will next year but, I really had no expectation of us winning a national competition until we were back in the top flight. That's why I think that if and it's a big if we can win it this year it will be up there. The world media will be falling over themselves with this story as they will be focusing on our team being from the third tier. My first visit to Ibrox by the way was a game against Dundee when Davie White was our manager...

Maybe to young fans but not to older fans.

I have been very very fortunate to have lived through some of our greatest triumphs and unfortunately our worst disaster. However, for the majority of our greatest triumphs I would, at the start of the season, have expected us to have challenged and hopefully have won the tournaments we entered. The nine in a row team for example was a team that I expected to complete that magical achievement, I was also hugely disappointed that we didn't win the Champions League in 92/93 but I didn't expect it. So at the start of this season and last I fully expected us to win the league as I will next year but, I really had no expectation of us winning a national competition until we were back in the top flight. That's why I think that if and it's a big if we can win it this year it will be up there. The world media will be falling over themselves with this story as they will be focusing on our team being from the third tier. My first visit to Ibrox by the way was a game against Dundee when Davie White was our manager...

I agree with this and have been attending Ibrox since 1976.....emotionally it will be right up there..heres hoping.

Fair enough an ass of me has been made. That said I find it quite incredible you expected us to do 9 in a row and win the champions league yet think it would be a surprise for us to win a domestic cup....each to their own!

Each to their own I quess and everyone will have favourite moments, players etc based on their own experiences.....I remember 9 in a row like it was yesterday and maybe it's a degree of elitism but I would consider champions league qualification, that amazing night in Florence and all league titles in my lifetime as more significant than a domestic cup that by it's very nature is something of a lottery but that's not taking away from what would be a great achievement still!

Fair enough an ass of me has been made. That said I find it quite incredible you expected us to do 9 in a row and win the champions league yet think it would be a surprise for us to win a domestic cup....each to their own!

not at all. I expected us to complete the nine in a row given the talent that was at our disposal at that time. I didn't expect us to win the Champions League but I was disappointed that we didn't as I think the players we had then were more than capable. With regards to the Scottish Cup this season I didn't think that the squad we had would be capable of winning it, as realistically, there are probably 3 or 4 squads with potentially more talent...

Why? A cup is a cup, it would be pretty special under the circumstances but it wouldn't mean we're back where we belong yet.

Maybe not, but it would be a massive step for us to have taken on the road back to the summit. The icing on the cake would be that it would be a huge GIRFUY to all the haters out there, and that would be priceless.