Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just a wee change, nobody could disagree with the sentiment

Hello, hello we are the Billy Boys

Hello, hello you'll know us by our noise

We're up to our knees in paedo blood, surrender or you'll die

We are The glasgow billy Boys

those italics are under copyright. My lawyers will be in touch.

Were up to our knees in foreign blood no mention of c----- or f-------- , just a good rousing song to get the hairs on the back of your neck going.

Aye, that'll make us look great! Ask JohanHentze how he feels about that one!

We're up to our knees in leagues and cups.

The thing is, we are up to our necks, in leagues and cups, not knees!

It has to be forceful, and threatening, it's a war cry after all!

Afraid it has to be insulting to all who hear it, but not to be perceived as "Offensive!"

I personally like, "Up to our knees in Filthy Scum", as every one of the ex-spl teams now fall under that umbrella, and it cannot reasonably be termed anti-septic, so they can bleat all they like, it is just another Non-Rangers

supporters song. Thus there is no case to be answered, if challenged, as we have now encompassed the lot of them, and left no one out, therefore, insulting all and offending none.......job done. :7325:

The thing is, we are up to our necks, in leagues and cups, not knees!

It has to be forceful, and threatening, it's a war cry after all!

Afraid it has to be insulting to all who hear it, but not to be perceived as "Offensive!"

I personally like, "Up to our knees in Filthy Scum", as every one of the ex-spl teams now fall under that umbrella, and it cannot reasonably be termed anti-septic, so they can bleat all they like, it is just another Non-Rangers

supporters song. Thus there is no case to be answered, if challenged, as we have now encompassed the lot of them, and left no one out, therefore, insulting all and offending none.......job done. :7325:

Have to admit this thread always amuses me everytime it appears but gotta say I particularly liked your view on this and would love if we could get a new line to incorporate all our haters, so something along those lines would do me fine.

it is a travesty they got rid of it. nothing got the blood pumping or ibrox rocking than when a wee corner started belting out the billy boys withing seconds the whole stadium would be on their feet.. :gerbad: we have a couple of good songs now but they just don't have the same impact for me. a change of words would obviously be a shout but lets be honest how many of us could really trust ourselves not to belt out the original after a couple of pints and vs the mhanks lol

This chant really does have to be brought back, and instead of laughing off some fans efforts [i know some are pretty awful] but we really should be trying to get it back in an acceptable form to all, we are all agreed that we cannot sing the original, so not having bothered up until now, I got to thinking, lets get away from "knees" and "blood" and concentrate on what they hate about us most and how can we use it to wind them up as much as possible.

So here's my thoughts, They hate our Queen and all that she represents, they also claim to desire a united Ireland, so we use that and insert it into what is a great protestant/Rangers anthem [fuck the handwringers].

Here's my effort.

Hello Hello we are the Billy Boys

Hello Hello you'll know us by our noise

We'll fight for the Crown and Ulster

Surrender or you'll die.

For we are the brigton' Derry Boys.

I think that would sufficiently wind the bastards up.

This chant really does have to be brought back, and instead of laughing off some fans efforts [i know some are pretty awful] but we really should be trying to get it back in an acceptable form to all, we are all agreed that we cannot sing the original, so not having bothered up until now, I got to thinking, lets get away from "knees" and "blood" and concentrate on what they hate about us most and how can we use it to wind them up as much as possible.

So here's my thoughts, They hate our Queen and all that she represents, they also claim to desire a united Ireland, so we use that and insert it into what is a great protestant/Rangers anthem [fuck the handwringers].

Here's my effort.

Hello Hello we are the Billy Boys

Hello Hello you'll know us by our noise

We'll fight for Ulster and the Crown

Surrender or you'll die.

For we are the brigton' Derry Boys.

I think that would sufficiently wind the bastards up.

If you don't mind, I have edited that slightly, but same words. It's hard to sing 'for the' and not spit out the wallies !!!

Good attempt, though.