Turncoats in the Old Firm. Who's real and who's rumour?

The state funded apartheid parallel education system is another matter entirely and is a total waste of taxpayers cash to appease the permanently offended by allowing a paedophile medieval voodoo cult to brainwash 4 year olds.

BUT there is a huge difference between Roman Catholics and the particular west of Scotland kafflik version.

I know genuine Roman catholics who are decent people and I have no problem with any of them BUT the big issue is the kafflik/sellick fan who thinks he is oirish, supports the IRA, hates everything about this country [except the benefits] etc. I honestly don't think any of the latter type should be anywhere near our club, the first group i.e. genuine Roman Catholics e.g. Novo, Amoruso etc I personally have no problem with.

You are spot on.

My old dear is RC, but extremely lapsed - hence me and the kids all being mental followers of the Queen's 11. She comes from a very decent family, all good Brits who wouldn't dream of lining up with the filthy rhepublicans. They dislike the oirish bottom dwellers who simply hate us because they see them for what they are. As you say, it does seem to be more of a West Coast issue. Probably have tingly bottoms, which explains their incoherent behaviour, because they are so close to the mother ship!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barrie Mckay.. the girl i'm seeing went to St Lukes high school with him in Barrhead but she's a rangers fan and says that she "thinks he's one too but isn't sure". My little brother has also played in the same team as his brother and said the same, "I think he's one of us but his brother's never said".

You are spot on.

My old dear is RC, but extremely lapsed - hence me and the kids all being mental followers of the Queen's 11. She comes from a very decent family, all good Brits who wouldn't dream of lining up with the filthy rhepublicans. They dislike the oirish bottom dwellers who simply hate us because they see them for what they are. As you say, it does seem to be more of a West Coast issue. Probably have tingly bottoms, which explains their incoherent behaviour, because they are so close to the mother ship!

Exactly my point mate, the proudly call themselves 'Fenians' yet bleat to anyone who is daft enoug to listen that they are pyur offended an'at if anyone else calls them the big bad F***** word.

Honestly, if they hate this country and everything it stands for so much then they are welcome to leave anytime they wish and find an alterative nation to live.

Mo Johnstone went to an RC primary school, then a state secondary school. He loves his stepdad to bits, - who is a true blue bear, and Mo has been to Ibrox more times than he ever was at the piggery. When he signed for us he said to his stepdad, "da I never ever thought I would get the chance to play for the gers, don't let anyone kid you, he was over the moon to be able to play for us. I got that story from the horses mouth literally, - his stepdad Jimmy Johnstone( I know, same name) who I was introduced to at a wedding.

Johnstone only signed for us because he got the best contract of his life, he nevet wanted to play for Rangers before or after, what a player he was tho' and gave his all, he was a quality footballer. He is a Tim, always has been and always will be.

Rab Douglas, he had a red hand tattoo which he apparently had covered/removed on signing for Ra Sellick

I went to a Tim school, st Leonard's primary, then st brides high.

Primary was right at the top of my road, so was local, then when it came to going to high school, all my class mates were going to st brides and it had the best exam results in the area.

Was one of 5 gers in my year. Was great fun since it was during 9 in a row.

I take it you're from EK?

You're wrong! Duncanrig had the best results (tu)

I used know a lassie who went to St Brides wearing her Gers scarf. As most have said they are far and few between but there are tims who support the mighty Rangers

I take it you're from EK?

You're wrong! Duncanrig had the best results (tu)

I used know a lassie who went to St Brides wearing her Gers scarf. As most have said they are far and few between but there are tims who support the mighty Rangers

Yea mate.

Was never religious, but my parents were both from protestant backgrounds, school was just decided on how close it was.

To be fair St Brides was a good school, but dont agree with split schooling in general.

All the Rangers fans in the year were the guys from non catholic backgrounds, dont think I have ever known a catholic Rangers fan to be honest.

Regardless, religion means nothing to me. Judge a person as a person. Bonus points if they support the mighty gers though.

Without getting massively into the whole religious debate the likes of the abuse to Simon Weston and their constant abuse of the poppy led to a lot of lads I know of various denominations including catholics (more than a few of them ex forces) into following Rangers often casually at first and then in a few cases growing into something more than that.

I know some on here disagree but a lot of people associate Rangers with respect to the military and to the country as a whole and certainly many of them down here don't seem to associate their religion with their 'patriotism' . Although as i say I associate with a fair few ex or current servicemen so maybe my group isn't typical .

I was brought up in Tobermory. No split schools as there only is one high school. Because of this there were a fair few catholic Rangers supporters as most people there do support Rangers. In places like Mull, it just is not an issue at all. Its only when you move off the island to go to uni / work or whatever that you find out the reality of the rather horrid side of central Scotland.

I was brought up in Tobermory. No split schools as there only is one high school. Because of this there were a fair few catholic Rangers supporters as most people there do support Rangers. In places like Mull, it just is not an issue at all. Its only when you move off the island to go to uni / work or whatever that you find out the reality of the rather horrid side of central Scotland.

It's much the same in Lewis, only the one high school. There are protestant celtic fans, though the vast majority back home are Rangers fans. It really isn't an issue.

There are about 7 catholics on Lewis though, the religious conflict on the island is between the Free Church and the Free Church Continuing.

I was brought up Catholic as my mum's one and my dad didn't care but my dad's side is all orange so Im lucky I went the correct way. made communion in rangers tartan and school was a pain in the arse but nothing better than after an old firm than rubbing it in there faces then inevitably fighting and getting sent home but I wouldn't change it for the world

Back in 1966 my next door neighbour who happened to play in the Celtic 1967 team that won the European cup wanted me to go to them for a trial, as he thought I would make it.

I went to Australia and lived happily ever after in the sunshine and never regretted it.

Escaped intact eh.

Escaped intact eh.

Yes mate! There was never any chance I would pull that rag over my head no matter what I would have earned,because the sight of that green and grey jersey gives me the dry boak just looking at it.

Weirdly enough, the first club that wanted to sign me when I came to Australia were the champions of Victoria who happened to play in those same colours......I never signed for them either.

Being a Fitter & Turner living virtually on the beach in sunny Australia,playing football on Saturdays and having the time of my life was more important than selling my soul to the dark side.

Yes mate! There was never any chance I would pull that rag over my head no matter what I would have earned,because the sight of that green and grey jersey gives me the dry boak just looking at it.

Weirdly enough, the first club that wanted to sign me when I came to Australia were the champions of Victoria who happened to play in those same colours......I never signed for them either.

Being a Fitter & Turner living virtually on the beach in sunny Australia,playing football on Saturdays and having the time of my life was more important than selling my soul to the dark side.

You should have done what i didOz and sign for a good orange team in Ringwood.

Yea mate! I remember them well. They were runners up to South Melbourne Hellas in 1965-66 iirc.

They were a team with a lot of Czechs playing for them. Did you play for them?

No not me, my brother in law.Wee bit before my time.But it just goes to show you .Wee were a laughing stock then . But now if only we can have a look and say fookl look at this mob has done with no money.Shows you what can be achieved.

My dad was in the Royal Engineers with a certain Dave McKay. They both played in the regimental football team. McKay was a big Bluenose but held a grudge against the Board at Ibrox because a proposed move fell through and Big Dave's dreams were shattered. Sounds very similar to Browns situation. Incidentally Scott Brown has a PhD in Astro Physics.

Albertzleftpeg- I heard wilson supported septic and I know for a fact he want to a RC school therefore in my opinion raising the chances he is a septic supporter.you are right about making assumptions but in this case I am relaxed enough to make one.

I have never met a rangers supporter who attended a RC school.

Down my way it's pretty common these days. I went to Stonelaw in Rutherglen and there were plenty of tims who either were prods or went there because the tarrier school was minging.

There were also a fair few Rangers supporters that went to Trinity, Holyrood usually with Catholic mums, prod dads or vice versa. My best mate got forced to go to a bigot factory and is pretty f*cking staunch these days. One of the guys in my local boozer was an alter-boy and supports us :matron: