Hall of Fame - Fernando Ricksen and Lee McCulloch involved

kanjo

Lee McCulloch or Fernando Ricksen - Hall of Fame  

92 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to pick one of the two, who would you choose?

• Fernando Ricksen
    • Lee McCulloch

I just seen on the Rangers website that the Hall of Fame dinner is on 30th March and that two names among a host of other great names are there.

My question though comes down to two names, and two players who mean alot to the support for differen't reasons.

Who would your choice be between Jig and Ricksen?

My choice would be Lee. After demotion and being the first to commit loyalty he has showed me all that is required to be considered a legend in my eyes.

His attitude and loyalty far outweigh football talent for me in this choice.

I hope Ricksen can get his chance as well and if none of the Admin stuff had happened he'd likely be my choice, but what is everyone elses opinion?

I wasn't Ricksen's biggest fan, but one thing you couldn't doubt was his effort and commitment, and he was a big part of some fantastic trophy wins. Could say the same about McCulloch I suppose but it's difficult for me not to be influenced by what Ricksen is going through even though I know that's not what the question is about.

Is this actually down to choice or is it just you asking the question?

I think both of them should be in there.

Just a hypothetical question on who we'd all pick over the two. Like i say there are some other great candidates in there but the outstanding two for me are Ricksen and Jig

I wasn't Ricksen's biggest fan, but one thing you couldn't doubt was his effort and commitment, and he was a big part of some fantastic trophy wins. Could say the same about McCulloch I suppose but it's difficult for me not to be influenced by what Ricksen is going through even though I know that's not what the question is about.

I agree and i would say Ricksen was slightly better and big Lee will get more opportunities

I've always wondered if jig would have stayed with us if he hadn't been reaching the end of his career. But to answer your question would probably go for fernando, as he was one of my favourite players during that era just loved his passion and commitment to win. Also the fact he never hid the fact he hated the tramps from the east end

I agree with plymouth. As footballers both should be nowhere near the hall of fame but if you can get in for other reasons then both have a good case in their own right. It would probably have a bigger positive impact on Ricksen, all things considered, so I'd choose him on that basis.

Loved Ricksen when he was here but he wouldn't ever be mentioned for Hall of Fame if not for his illness. He left us in poor circumstances and went out to hurt one of our players in a friendly following his move.

Heart goes out to him but he's not worthy of being in the hall of fame for me.

I think the hall of fame should be around 50 players. The only ones from the last 20 years should be the likes of Ally, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Gough, and Ferguson (not Barry).

The problem is when you start admitting players like Prso and Ricksen, who in truth only had 1 good season for us, it takes away the meaning of such an award. Somebody like Novo could perhaps be admitted, but then you open the floodgates for all sorts.

I think the criteria should be:

Played minimum 150games for Rangers, in successful sides.

Was widely regarded at the time, to be the best player in the side at that point, and could be argued as the most talented player in that position, in any Rangers side past or present (which allows the likes of Gazza and Laudrup).

Was involved in pivotal moments of Rangers history, which means their names will be legendary for years to come, for example Novo.

But even then, i'd still argue that they should fulfill all of the above, to even get a look in. Somebody like Davie Cooper, ticks all the boxes. Ricksen and McCulloch, do not

You should have had another option for "Neither of Them" then I would've participated in the voting.

Never been a fan of this Hall of Fame stuff, it's too American for me, all this "look at us, aren't we cool?" shite gets on my tits, maybe I'm at that age now? (Not become homophobic, or racist yet though)

I think the hall of fame should be around 50 players. The only ones from the last 20 years should be the likes of Ally, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Gough, and Ferguson (not Barry).

The problem is when you start admitting players like Prso and Ricksen, who in truth only had 1 good season for us, it takes away the meaning of such an award. Somebody like Novo could perhaps be admitted, but then you open the floodgates for all sorts.

I think the criteria should be:

Played minimum 150games for Rangers, in successful sides.

Was widely regarded at the time, to be the best player in the side at that point, and could be argued as the most talented player in that position, in any Rangers side past or present (which allows the likes of Gazza and Laudrup).

Was involved in pivotal moments of Rangers history, which means their names will be legendary for years to come, for example Novo.

But even then, i'd still argue that they should fulfill all of the above, to even get a look in. Somebody like Davie Cooper, ticks all the boxes. Ricksen and McCulloch, do not

Completely agree.....although because of events I understand the nominations for ricksen and mcculloch it devalues the whole prestige of it IMO.