Alistair no cause for concern.

bawsburst

A wee point of note to anyone that cares, last season when the league was won we lost at home to Peterhead folk wanted Ally sacked then. So to say results don't matter is a complete lie.

The quality of football on offer is a different matter.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly what Bayern did today as well, big game coming up so rested the vast majority of his first team. Us on the other hand...

Apparently Bayern have been out on the lash this week, as well!

The have won the league so it doesn't matter if they or we lose points now, I'd rather he rested players today for next few weeks than keeping a pishy unbeaten run.

We have the best of both worlds --- keeping the unbeaten run and 95% of our players appeared to be resting during the second 45mins yesterday.

Ally mccoist the player~ legend at the club , my favorite player and hero to probably every rangers fan of my generation . Hero to every rangers fan .

Ally mccoist the manager ~ becoming detrimental to the club. Holding us back. Won 2 leagues playing shit football with a budget our opponents could only dream of . We had a chance to rebuild using youth and a more expansive style of play, we haven't done that .wev overpaid for mediocrity and without a total change on the management , backroom staff and coaches we won't challenge a poor Celtic team without major investment .Ally please stop tarnishing your reputation and step down at the end of the season and give us a chance

Ally mccoist the player~ legend at the club , my favorite player and hero to probably every rangers fan of my generation . Hero to every rangers fan .

Ally mccoist the manager ~ becoming detrimental to the club. Holding us back. Won 2 leagues playing shit football with a budget our opponents could only dream of . We had a chance to rebuild using youth and a more expansive style of play, we haven't done that .wev overpaid for mediocrity and without a total change on the management , backroom staff and coaches we won't challenge a poor Celtic team without major investment .Ally please stop tarnishing your reputation and step down at the end of the season and give us a chance

What if we go unbeaten win the Ramsden and win the Scottish?

As arsne Wegner said this week 'we just have to accept that people who have never managed have opinions' but that does not make those opinions right. Also some people need to realise that just because they repeat negativity ad- infinitum in theses types if threads also does not validate their opinion is correct.

What if we go unbeaten win the Ramsden and win the Scottish?

If Ally wins the top league some Ally haters will still be saying its a noddy league and he is not the man to take us forward in Europe such is their hatred if the man. That's the problem with anonymous Internet forums.

If Ally wins the top league some Ally haters will still be saying its a noddy league and he is not the man to take us forward in Europe such is their hatred if the man. That's the problem with anonymous Internet forums.

Not a fan of him as a manager but some of the "just please go Ally" comments after another win with a Scottish cup semi final coming up are a bit confuseing.

Not a fan of him as a manager but some of the "just please go Ally" comments after another win with a Scottish cup semi final coming up are a bit confuseing.

One does struggle to understand why so many negative threads with 2 huge games coming up. Some of the posters starting and being negative in these threads are extremely critical of certain fans groups for their destabilising effect, yet take no thought or responsibility about the destabilising effects the negativity towards the mangers has at this point in time.

Ok so the way I see it is. Technically we still have a rookie manager. He is still learning his trade and he is learning in a pit of fire. Not only as a support do we criticise every little mistake that is made, but in a league that we have won with our eyes closed against hatchet men who have parked the bus since the first quarter of the season was done. The players in the league at least are running on auto pilot. As the competition was won ridiculously early. And so it should of been. However that does not take away from the fact ally in all honesty was not ready for the job he took on. But he was the right man for the job. No one else could of got us through what he did in the manner that he did.

With regards to the dropped points in the spl in his first year in charge do we really not think the wheels might allready of been coming off in the background and ally's attention unfortunately was being pulled in the wrong direction. In saying that was it not ally who managed the team to the big points gap that was lost.

Am I happy with the way we are playing at the moment? in general no im not. Am I happy with were we find ourselves at this point in the season? Too fucking right. If we compare it to ladt season again the same level of opposition we have came on leaps and bounds. Cup final and quarter final to look forward to I think we would of all took that at this point last year.

Next year I believe we will be a different

monster all together. When teams didn't park the bus at the beginning of the season we played our best football. Less teams will park the bus next season and I believe things will look much better. However there are a few hings to sort first. Ie the defence. We need to get the captain out of there. I think he has one season left and that needs to be as a forward. Its his best position and he should lead from the front. And bow out on a high.

I know we are frustrated and I know things do not look fantastic. But I do think it will click for ally and I do think he will come good. It might be stupidity or blind loyalty. But he has been there for us and we should do the same. Was he ready to manage us? Not in the slightest should he be given time. This should not even be a question.

One does struggle to understand why so many negative threads with 2 huge games coming up. Some of the posters starting and being negative in these threads are extremely critical of certain fans groups for their destabilising effect, yet take no thought or responsibility about the destabilising effects the negativity towards the mangers has at this point in time.

He's takeing us through the divisions playing very poor but still getting results. Wasted a bit of many on wages of deadwood that if a was gaffer a wouldn't have bothered but am not and all gaffers are going to sign some duds. A would fucking love it we ended up winning back to back titles next season some on here would be pig sick :lol:

For our dear friends who are unable to understand the OP or its content let me make it easier for them, the idea is to comment on Alistair's thought process in the article and his direct quotes.

The fact that some are unwilling to do so and to engage only in deflection is not unexpected, however that does not make such comments such as "forthcoming games will look after themselves" any more palatable.

I note the "rookie manager still learning" is once again being aired, such is life and opinions.

Are you Ally in disguise? This is his line he always puts out to the media when he doesn't know the answer to a question asked of him or doesn't want to answer it.

"My job is to prepare the team"

Rangers sicken me everytime i watch them. And when McCoist comes out with pish like this it makes it even worse.

HEADS

For our dear friends who are unable to understand the OP or its content let me make it easier for them, the idea is to comment on Alistair's thought process in the article and his direct quotes.

The fact that some are unwilling to do so and to engage only in deflection is not unexpected, however that does not make such comments such as "forthcoming games will look after themselves" any more palatable.

I note the "rookie manager still learning" is once again being aired, such is life and opinions.

Every other thread is a comment on allys failings to be honest, whether that be a comment he has made or a tactic someone doesn't agree with. And to be fair with regards to cup games they will take care of themselves. Hence the nature of a one off cup game. im a little bit sick of coming one here and seeing our support not getting behind the team or the management. I have expressed my view above and do not expect people to change their view because of my post. Im not a common poster on the forum however ally is our manager and at tjis moment in time he will be for the foreseeable future. And as long as he keeps winning the board will not sack him.

I said above he was not ready but he is dooing what we all wanted at the start of tjis journey. Getting us out of the shit pits of Scottish football and back to were we belong. With a decent cup run in the process. Ok so its not always been pretty but there have neen some flashes of a team that can compete once we are back at the top.

People will make up their own minds but mine is behind our team and our manager

As arsne Wegner said this week 'we just have to accept that people who have never managed have opinions' but that does not make those opinions right. Also some people need to realise that just because they repeat negativity ad- infinitum in theses types if threads also does not validate their opinion is correct.

Equally, just because you are a manager doesn't mean you are always right or know best.

Wenger actually being the perfect example of someone so invested in something he can't see the glaringly obvious flaws.

"There is no doubt that in our time the very act of pulling that blue jersey over your head did something to you. All the talk about tradition, about the privilege and responsibility that went with being a Rangers player, definitely had its effect".

Sometimes the old tenets are still the ones to live up to, such as Willie Waddell's wonderful quote.

He's takeing us through the divisions playing very poor but still getting results. Wasted a bit of many on wages of deadwood that if a was gaffer a wouldn't have bothered but am not and all gaffers are going to sign some duds. A would fucking love it we ended up winning back to back titles next season some on here would be pig sick :lol:

I think everyone would love back to back titles, and not one person would be 'pig sick'.

Unfortunately, Ally just hasn't shown anything to indicate he's capable of deliverying that.

His only hope is if he gets the Dave King £50m to invest in players, and even then his track record for signings is poor - and that level of investment would only really serve to cover his inadequacies.

I go back to Scot Simon so I really won't be needing any lessons from a two bob glory hunter such as you.

My favourite was Walter Smyth.

If you are going to try and be a smug know-it-all, you better learn our historical figures' proper names.