Ashley to Buy Rangers! Again?

North Rd

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley plots move to buy Rangers and take them back to the Champions League

Apr 05, 2014 23:00 By Alan Nixon

The controversial Toon owner could uses his billions to rescue the ailing Scottish giants and restore them to their former glories

Great Scot: Is Mike Ashley set to go north of the border?

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is ready to buy Scottish giants Rangers and bring back their glory days, reports Alan Nixon in the Sunday People.

The billionaire businessman, who already owns seven per cent of the Ibrox club, dreams of taking Rangers into the Champions League in the next two years.

But the 49-year-old has no plans to offload Newcastle – bad news for Toon fans who are desperate to see the back of him.

Yesterday members of the Mike Ashley Out Campaign held an open-top bus protest through the city centre before the game with Manchester United – they are fed up with Ashley’s stewardship of their club, claiming he runs it as a financial exercise rather than a sporting institution.

Owning two clubs in the same competition is forbidden – which could give Ashley problems should both Toon and Rangers qualify for Europe.

Ashley knows there is money to be made from the loyal Rangers supporters, as fanatical as Newcastle’s.

For all their current financial problems, Rangers could still be a money-making machine in the right hands.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-owner-mike-ashley-plots-3380173#ixzz2y3SDFicb

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Fuck off Ashley. If the newcastle are desperate for him to leave then why the fuck would we want him?

Who would you have buying the club? Ashley has proven at Newcastle that he can run the club and make money out of it along with successful businesses in the UK despite the recession. If he was to gain a controlling stake id have no problems as i feel that he would brings stability to the club both on and off the park and also hes not afraid to make changes to management if he thinks its required!

Fuck off Ashley. If the newcastle are desperate for him to leave then why the fuck would we want him?

Newcastle Fans dislike Ashley because he runs the club like a business instead of a Football Club, appoints football directors and such, and actually has money to spare because he doesn't overspend and buy shite at high prices.

Something Rangers are actually crying out for.

Don't hate him because Newcastle (the dafties) do.

Who would you have buying the club? Ashley has proven at Newcastle that he can run the club and make money out of it along with successful businesses in the UK despite the recession. If he was to gain a controlling stake id have no problems as i feel that he would brings stability to the club both on and off the park and also hes not afraid to make changes to management if he thinks its required!

Exactly

Amen

I'd rather he just invest money than buy us. but he might not want to put money in without control. i don't know how they play their games.

either way...if he's gonna buy us...just buy us. none of this foreplay shit with rumours in papers and whispers in ears. honestly sick of this shit.

put up or shut up.

Newcastle are probably one of the best run clubs in Britain. If we could take their business model and still be successful on the park then I have no problem with that. I remember reading an article on Newcastle scouting. It was a very interesting read.

Newcastle are probably one of the best run clubs in Britain. If we could take their business model and still be successful on the park then I have no problem with that. I remember reading an article on Newcastle scouting. It was a very interesting read.

A business model that scouts / buys French players only, makes crazy appointments like Joe Kinnear, stipulates they aren't interested in the cups.

No fucking thanks. The guy is an arsehole

Yes but they aren't one of the best run clubs on the pitch and that's where it matters.

Sports Direct takes a hit as City gets jittery over Ashley’s sale

What was he thinking? The Square Mile was alive with conjecture about the reason for Mike Ashley's disposal Photo: PA

Oscar Williams-Grut

A A A

Tuesday 08 April 2014

Investors in Sports Direct today reacted nervously to founder Mike Ashley’s decision to sell down his stake in the business.

News emerged last night that Ashley’s Mash Holdings had sold 24 million shares in Sports Direct — 4% of the company — to Goldman Sachs, the retailer’s broker, at a price of 850p per share. The sale has netted Ashley £204 million and reduces his stake from 61.7% to 57.7%.

The City was left scratching its head over Ashley’s intentions. Some market-watchers linked the profit taking to his attempts to gatecrash a Chinese takeover of department store House of Fraser.

The Newcastle United owner has long held ambitions to take control of the chain and over the weekend spent millions on an 11% stake in the business, due to be taken over by Asian conglomerate Sanpower.

Others suggested his sale was linked to shareholders rejecting his £73 million bonus package last week. But whatever his thinking, the uncertainty spooked investors and Sports Direct fell 61.5p to 832p, below the 850p to 870p range Goldman Sachs offered shares at.

Sports Direct takes a hit as City gets jittery over Ashleys sale

What was he thinking? The Square Mile was alive with conjecture about the reason for Mike Ashley's disposal Photo: PA

Oscar Williams-Grut

A A A

Tuesday 08 April 2014

Investors in Sports Direct today reacted nervously to founder Mike Ashleys decision to sell down his stake in the business.

News emerged last night that Ashleys Mash Holdings had sold 24 million shares in Sports Direct 4% of the company to Goldman Sachs, the retailers broker, at a price of 850p per share. The sale has netted Ashley £204 million and reduces his stake from 61.7% to 57.7%.

The City was left scratching its head over Ashleys intentions. Some market-watchers linked the profit taking to his attempts to gatecrash a Chinese takeover of department store House of Fraser.

The Newcastle United owner has long held ambitions to take control of the chain and over the weekend spent millions on an 11% stake in the business, due to be taken over by Asian conglomerate Sanpower.

Others suggested his sale was linked to shareholders rejecting his £73 million bonus package last week. But whatever his thinking, the uncertainty spooked investors and Sports Direct fell 61.5p to 832p, below the 850p to 870p range Goldman Sachs offered shares at.

He did the same a couple of years back . Means nothing with regard to us.