"The boys were a bit patched up today"

McCoist confirmed that Lee Wallace, who was replaced after 65 minutes by Seb Faure in today's Final, has a thigh strain.

He added: "He’s toiling but the boys were a bit patched up today to be fair to the two Nickys, big Daly and Ian Black.

"They didn’t train at all last week so to be fair to them they’ve put in a good effort today as in normal circumstances they probably wouldn't have been match fit.

“We have one or two wee kicks from today but I would say Wallace would be the biggest problem for next week. We’ll see how Black, Daly and the two Nickys are tomorrow as well.”

RANGERS (4-4-1-1): Bell; Foster, Mohsni, McCulloch, Wallace (Faure 65); Aird, Hutton (Clark 61), Black, Smith (Gallagher 110); Law; Daly

SUBS NOT USED: Simonsen, Shiels

Why play boys who weren't match fit for 120mins. Don't understand that one at all.

I'd of had a young, fit Gallagher starting.

2 strikers upfront.

Ally must go. His times up.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why play boys who weren't match fit for 120mins. Don't understand that one at all.

I'd of had a young, fit Gallagher starting.

2 strikers upfront.

Ally must go. His times up.

Cause he's not a football manager, he's an Rangers legend, tv panelist and a thoroughly nice guy

If Wallace wasn't fit, Smith should have been at left back and it's inexplicable that when Wallace went off Smith didn't go to LB with Aird in LMF and Gallagher on the right.

If Daly wasn't fit Shiels should have played. If Clark wasn't fit then Gallagher should have started, never mind come on as a sub.

If neither Black nor Law were fit then Hutton and Crawford should have been the CMF.

So "in normal circumstances" you don't play unfit players, but you do in a cup final; what planet is Ally on?

And although I thought Hutton deserved to play and performed the Quarter-Back role well in front of the defence; Rangers playing 4-1-4-1 against Raith Rovers in a cup final, give me peace.

Makes the decision to withdraw Hutton and leave Black on the park even more baffling.

Shiels for as hit and miss as he can be, plus basically the same role as Law does and is as talented when he turns up. Surely it would have made more sense to play Shiels with Law on the bench to come on if the game wasn't going to plan?

Unfortunately, he fucked up today and we lost, so he does have to explain to the fans who turn up in their thousands week after week why he allowed such a poor display to take place

this the same 'fans' who have been hounding him for months despite an incredible league run? the league is all that matters right now. i wouldnt be telling my grandkids the heroic tale of of our ramsdens cup win in 20 years, but i will be telling them about the incredible journey back to the top our legendary striker turned manager took us on. some people need to get a fucking grip we are a league 1 team in scotland and they expect barcelona-esque football every single week. until we are struggling with our league form i wont be worrying.

this the same 'fans' who have been hounding him for months despite an incredible league run? the league is all that matters right now. i wouldnt be telling my grandkids the heroic tale of of our ramsdens cup win in 20 years, but i will be telling them about the incredible journey back to the top our legendary striker turned manager took us on. some people need to get a fucking grip we are a league 1 team in scotland and they expect barcelona-esque football every single week. until we are struggling with our league form i wont be worrying.

You're at it ya roaster...

:shifty:

Aw fuck off you ya complete dick.

Fuck up ya dick

mate u need to sleep it off. if u spouted that pish in real life youd be getting a good fucking hiding. acting like a dirty taig.

Would I? Funny cos I've been doing it for the last few hours, so whos gonnae give me the hiding? Seems like everybody agrees he's a fat useless prick!!!

You're either a taig or at the wind up.

im a taig for telling some clown calling ally filth, scum and a fat prick he would get a smack for that in real life? aye right ye are arsehole.

You know something, if McCoist had omitted those players who were patched up, and allowed the young guys a shot at it. I bet the performance would have been far better. Young players have a hunger those senior players should have due to good management. Clearly they don't.