• McInnes
    • N Adkins
    • McLeish
    • Warnock

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advertise the job and choose the best young modern minded coach that applies.

The difficulty is in who does the choosing. Somebody from out with the Club preferably.

The applicants CV's should be closely examined to determine their football philosophies.

Someone who gives youth a chance and doesn't sign stop gap older players past their best. The list would be lengthy, but the correct choice must be made with no cock up's allowed.

A three year contract, cast in concrete for the crown prince and stick with him no matter what.

Just for starters like.

So this no cocks up allowed ( and ignoring the gay threads) - how does that work - do you want a manager who has never dropped a point, or is the manager to be sacked if they drop a point - if we lose a goal ( like the cock up of a third goal on sat) is the managers sacked ? How does one monitor this no cock ups allowed concept? Does the new manager require universal approval so we all take responsibility if it goes wrong?

This 3 year deal how does that work if we,say, lose 3 games in a season ? Do we not sack the manager, like you advocate now?

So this no cocks up allowed ( and ignoring the gay threads) - how does that work - do you want a manager who has never dropped a point, or is the manager to be sacked if they drop a point - if we lose a goal ( like the cock up of a third goal on sat) is the managers sacked ? How does one monitor this no cock ups allowed concept? Does the new manager require universal approval so we all take responsibility if it goes wrong?

This 3 year deal how does that work if we,say, lose 3 games in a season ? Do we not sack the manager, like you advocate now?

You are continually missing the point of posts like the one you are critcising. There was no mention of points dropped or matches lost. Its about a progressive football philosophy and the tactical knowledge to play to the squads strengths and make changes during the game that negate anything the opposition try.

Last Sunday, Raith came in with a single game plan that worked because our manager had no clue about how to change the system he set out with. It was obvious to many what was needed but the manager seemed unable or unwilling to make the simplest of changes to his game plan. Yesterday we had the substitution of Fraser Aird, who came on? Nicky Clark, did the formation change to accommodate a third central attacking player? These are the decisions that have stacked up against Ally through the season. That you cannot see this (or wilfully ignore it) highlights the paucity of your argument.

I'd chose the Ally stays option

Fair play BP at least you're consistent mate in your backing for him but i fear now you're in a small minority.

And i like the ideas put forward about Clarke

I only took the first eight in the betting when I made the poll.

Of course we should advertise - we can live in hope, I just wanted to stimulate some discussion on what future direction we should be going in.

You are continually missing the point of posts like the one you are critcising. There was no mention of points dropped or matches lost. Its about a progressive football philosophy and the tactical knowledge to play to the squads strengths and make changes during the game that negate anything the opposition try.

Last Sunday, Raith came in with a single game plan that worked because our manager had no clue about how to change the system he set out with. It was obvious to many what was needed but the manager seemed unable or unwilling to make the simplest of changes to his game plan. Yesterday we had the substitution of Fraser Aird, who came on? Nicky Clark, did the formation change to accommodate a third central attacking player? These are the decisions that have stacked up against Ally through the season. That you cannot see this (or wilfully ignore it) highlights the paucity of your argument.

.. And yet this ( allegedly ) tactically inept manager won two leagues, got us to a cup final and the Scottish cup final - despite some of the most turbulent times this club faced and losing only 3 games this season - oh and has built a squad Most ( even his detractors) say is good enough to do well in the top league - seems as our manager on this journey back no bumps are allowed.

Honestly? Given - he had a great start to his rangers career, but i put that down to the new manager syndrome which usually perks players up. the team steadily declined under him. I mean, listening to interviews you'd be hard pushed to take offense if someone who didn't know he was scottish perhaps thought english wasn't his first language.

To be fair the players had sold the jerseys under Dick, he didnt inherit a half bad team.

I do think however he is underrated, but we did have some horrendous results under him e.g. 10 matches no win, two years without an OF win etc.

.. And yet this ( allegedly ) tactically inept manager won two leagues, got us to a cup final and the Scottish cup final - despite some of the most turbulent times this club faced and losing only 3 games this season - oh and has built a squad Most ( even his detractors) say is good enough to do well in the top league - seems as our manager on this journey back no bumps are allowed.

He has the second highest wage bill in scotland.

He lost yesterday to a team of kids and free transfers, He may only have lost 3 games all season, but against part time teams.

Le guen was hunted for far less than Alistair.

Whoosh! That he has done what you say is despite his tactical naivety (still waiting for your explanation of his inability to change tactics in the cup final we LOST) and playing against squads at a much lower technical level than he has charge of. The squad has potential but most, if not all, have regressed under the tutelage of Ally and his coaching team.

You have again completely missed the point but I expect that from you now.